- - - - -

The Saboteur (PC) $9.99 @ gamestop.com

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 deadtrees

deadtrees

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:54 AM

Link

This is YMMV in-store, though I've confirmed that it's $9.99 at one B&M location.

Fair warning: Check the EA forums thoroughly before buying, especially if you have an ATI card. QC for this game was abysmal, and it doesn't look like there will be any more patches from EA.

#2 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:03 AM

IMPORTANT: Windows 7, Vista and XP users with ATI 3K, 4K and 5K series graphics cards may temporarily experience compatibility issues. Thank you for you patience while this issue is resolved.

Lol, I can't ever recall any retailer actually listing a warning label to this degree before. Looks like $10 is the new price point, but since I have a 5870 I'll just stay away.

#3 hordak

hordak

Rockin' CAGer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:10 AM

Moral of the story: ALWAYS buy an nVidia! ;)

#4 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:10 AM

Looks like this is also an online price: http://www.gamestop....roduct_id=72947

Doesn't look like too shabby of a deal as long as you don't have one of those ATI cards.

#5 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:12 AM

Except when they fall behind a generation and then ask twice the price for marginal performance increase.

#6 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:37 AM

Nice deal.
Now, if only we had a FREE shipping code of some kind... ;)

#7 nflsonic

nflsonic

Your Title is Not Enough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:52 AM

My excitement went away when I saw "PC" in the title. Would definitely jump on this if it was for the PS3. Oh well!

milesbanner.jpg

Currently Playing:
:ps4: BF4, inFamous: SS   :ps3:: The Last of Us |  :pc:: Starcraft 2 | :3ds:: Pokemon Y | :vita:: Tearaway |  :wiiu:: Zelda: WWHD 

#8 Tooki

Tooki

Taidan Destroyer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:56 AM

I own this game and it runs fine on my 4870.

#9 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:04 AM

My excitement went away when I saw "PC" in the title. Would definitely jump on this if it was for the PS3. Oh well!

Humorously enough, I myself am drifting further and further towards near-exclusive PC game playing. (Thanks Valve.) The thought of inFAMOUS 2 (2011!) is the only thing keeping my PS3 in the house. (Till 2011!)

This sounds tempting, but my question is simple: Is the game worth it? (In 2010!)

#10 Mike UFC

Mike UFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:07 AM

I'd be all over this if I knew it worked with my video card (ATI HD4950).

#11 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:11 AM

I've played this game on my 4870 and it ran fine, they've patched the game. I can't guarantee good performance on all models though.

#12 Mospeada_21

Mospeada_21

Zombie Hunter \\*//

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:03 AM

:360: version is clearanced at Wal-Mart for $10. I think :ps3: might be similar, maybe at Toys R Us as well?
Now Playing in HD, Progressive Scan, Widescreen, 5.1 DPLII & Dolby Digital, and online or LAN whenever possible.

#13 GilmooDaddy

GilmooDaddy

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:50 AM

Humorously enough, I myself am drifting further and further towards near-exclusive PC game playing. (Thanks Valve.) The thought of inFAMOUS 2 (2011!) is the only thing keeping my PS3 in the house. (Till 2011!)

This sounds tempting, but my question is simple: Is the game worth it? (In 2010!)

Totally. I bought it when it first dropped to $20 and was completely blown away by how underrated the game was. It is an open world game, but instead of making you do boring side missions like bowling and playing darts, your constantly just blowing up Nazi installations and assassinating Nazi leaders. The black and white/color scheme is pretty much beautiful too.
Posted Image

#14 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:59 PM

$10 is instabuy for me for this! I just double checked, and this does NOT have activation according to PC Gamer. Just a disc check!

Got it in my cart along with Darksiders...just need to play around with what makes the best deal...
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#15 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:00 PM

Totally. I bought it when it first dropped to $20 and was completely blown away by how underrated the game was. It is an open world game, but instead of making you do boring side missions like bowling and playing darts, your constantly just blowing up Nazi installations and assassinating Nazi leaders. The black and white/color scheme is pretty much beautiful too.

Yeah, I've heard it's better than Mercs 2, and while Mercs 2 gets inexplicably slammed (my only problem was it got too hard) IMO it's 100x the game GTA is. I like this developer's games WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than Rock Star's, which I swear still have broken controls, boring extra junk you're forced to do, and unlikeable scenarios...
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
[LIST]

Posted Image

#16 geohouse

geohouse

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:22 PM

Hopefully 360 and ps3 drop to $10 soon.

#17 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:59 PM

Most place the PC version of The Saboteur costs around $10 more, so this is even more awesome :-D
[LIST]

Posted Image

#18 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:13 PM

Yeah, I've heard it's better than Mercs 2, and while Mercs 2 gets inexplicably slammed (my only problem was it got too hard) IMO it's 100x the game GTA is. I like this developer's games WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than Rock Star's, which I swear still have broken controls, boring extra junk you're forced to do, and unlikeable scenarios...

I don't like to bash too much, but I agree that RockStar has taken some bad turns with the GTA series. From the masterpiece of GTAIII, they started to lose their way. The clever writing vanished in the most aggressive way, and the focus shifted to easier, dumber missions. (How they came to the "driving-on-ice" physics in GTAIV is a mystery to me.)

This game, though, looks interesting. I may end up giving it a try.

#19 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:27 PM

Regarding the driving, the one thing I thought controlled right in earlier GTAs was the cars...and then they broke that too. I don't know, I've got no issue if people like those, but I just don't get them.

My favorite to date was Liberty City Stories on the PSP, partially since they marginally improved the control, and partially since it was just awesome to be playing a full blown open world game on a PORTABLE (still kind of blows my mind...) Still was too clunky though and got gross.
[LIST]

Posted Image

#20 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:46 PM

This is a very underrated game and an unfortunate last title from a great developer.

For $10 I'd say this a steal, even with a few of its minor flaws.
Posted Image

#21 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 05:39 PM

Hopefully 360 and ps3 drop to $10 soon.

It's like $12 at TRU (clearance in-store only).

#22 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:02 PM

PS3 or 360 version is $14.24 at TRU after the automatic 25% off clearance.
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#23 lothodon

lothodon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:46 PM

if anyone is hesitating, get it. this game was great.

#24 turls

turls

Clouds: no, Sunshine: yes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:49 AM

Snagged the last copy at the closest GS to me. Sad for the end of Pandemic.

#25 fore1337

fore1337

Posted 09 July 2010 - 02:21 AM

Thanks OP! Will try for deal in store. :-D

I can't agree with you more dude. ...coming from a guy running a CrossfireX2 4890 H20 cooled and OC'd.

steam_sig-400.png

#26 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 02:30 AM

Yeah, I mean I'm very impressed with ATi's tech too, it's good stuff, but I just always have driver issues with SOMETHING, and never have since '98 with Nvidia. For me I'll pick it even if it's at a tech disadvantage, and I mean I honestly don't feel it's a fanboy thing, I just have good luck, and I do honestly get impressed by ATi's hardware too from a tech perspective.
[LIST]

Posted Image

#27 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 04:06 AM

Yeah, I mean I'm very impressed with ATi's tech too, it's good stuff, but I just always have driver issues with SOMETHING, and never have since '98 with Nvidia. For me I'll pick it even if it's at a tech disadvantage, and I mean I honestly don't feel it's a fanboy thing, I just have good luck, and I do honestly get impressed by ATi's hardware too from a tech perspective.

I agree. From what I've heard over the years, ATi's usually perform better than nVidia cards. However, there's a lot of little things, like driver issues, that nVidia users don't deal with; The "ATi users may experience issues" phrase has shown up enough times for me that I'm willing to stick with nVidia.

I have no hate for my ATi brothers, for they, too, play games. It's great to be among the sensible-minded here at CAG; I know there are forums where innocent discussion degrades quickly to needless barking.

#28 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 09 July 2010 - 02:58 PM

I've always followed each generation by who can provide the best FPS:$ ratio. Nvidia has fallen behind now, so I'm back to ATI for the first time since the days of the X800 PRO. ATI has the worse drivers, but Nvidia has the worse hardware reliability. Over the past four years, I've had to replace three Nvidia cards but it's not so bad since EVGA is amazing for their lifetime RMA.

It's a toss-up, so don't buy into any BS from people who are exclusive fans.

#29 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 03:09 PM

I've never had *any* graphics hardware fail...actually I take that back, there was a DOA RIVA TNT in a work system that had to be RMAed.

I Fold on mine too...actually a lot of people I know Fold on their GPUs, so if they were going to fail... :-D

Okay, I take it back a second time, my last Xbox's GPU failed, if you count that :lol:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#30 powersurge

powersurge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 11:36 PM

This game is amazing and it makes me sad that it didn't get better treatment.It seems like while they were finishing the game they also had to pack up their office as they closed up shop :cry: The PS3 version at least in my experience tends to freeze 3-4 times during a play through (random and no its not my ps3). Stuff like that I would of thought would of been caught in the polish phase but they had to rush it out the door so they could finish packing up :bomb:

With all of that said it was still an amazing game and well worth playing. Even the music is great! The "soundtrack" is just a single with the theme music on amazon and itunes but I just had to go out and snatch up some of the single tracks and make my own playlist.