GameStop Power Up Members only: Buy 2, Get 1 PRE-OWNED with coupon

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 04:59 PM

If you are a GameStop PowerUp Rewards Member, go to the PowerUp Rewards site and one of the currently active offers is a "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" coupon.

Purchase Two Pre-owned Video Games and Get One Pre-owned Game of Equal or Lesser Price Free

Limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon use. Free Game must be of equal or lesser value. Not valid with any other offer. Selection may vary by store. While supplies last. No substitutions will be made. Valid on in-store and in-stock items only. Not redeemable for cash. Offer valid in the United States only. Offer valid through 8/31/10.

Coupons look to be unique to each account, or else I'd post it.

Edit: Coupons might only show for certain members, so I guess it's "YMMV".
Edit 2: PowerUp Rewards program may not be available in your area yet. :(

Edited by HydroX, 09 July 2010 - 05:10 PM.

MLIFTgM.gif

#2 killer9

killer9

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:01 PM

hopes up only to be dashed man

GameFly is off the hook! Get 1 free month by using my link!

http://gamefly.tella...com/a/clk/dP7nv

#3 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:03 PM

hopes up only to be dashed man

BOOOO!! Must be for certain accounts. That's bull. Sorry. :cold:
MLIFTgM.gif

#4 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:03 PM

Well yeah, that's one of the incentives of signing up. It says it in the brochure.

He said hopes up only to be dashed meaning he didn't want to sign up for their rewards card, he just wanted to print off a coupon and go.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:05 PM

Well yeah, that's one of the incentives of signing up. It says it in the brochure.

He said hopes up only to be dashed meaning he didn't want to sign up for their rewards card, he just wanted to print off a coupon and go.

I never got a brochure, and my active offers never updated until today. I've been a PowerUp Member since early June.
MLIFTgM.gif

#6 killer9

killer9

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:06 PM

Its only in certain states i dont think its available where i live yet anyway

GameFly is off the hook! Get 1 free month by using my link!

http://gamefly.tella...com/a/clk/dP7nv

#7 Pojomofo

Pojomofo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:11 PM

Not available in Idaho yet.....BOOOOOO!!!

#8 rp71284

rp71284

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:13 PM

I know its available in Ohio. I have the coupon.

And my Gamestop always gets brand new games traded in used within 5 days of it coming out. Hilarious.

#9 Pojomofo

Pojomofo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:13 PM

So Im assuming this is going to replace the edge card?

#10 rp71284

rp71284

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:16 PM

So Im assuming this is going to replace the edge card?

Its an EDGE card + promos like this + being registered for giveaways + stupid rewards program (16000 points for a Wii Nunchuck)

#11 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:24 PM

BOOOO, only available in test markets (I know ST Louis and Ohio somewhere). Any1 have info when this program rolls out nationwide?

#12 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:38 PM

Not in Colorado Springs until fall I was told when I just renewed my edge at the begining of the month

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pok√©mon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#13 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:41 PM

The program is active here in Oklahoma.

Its an EDGE card + promos like this + being registered for giveaways + stupid rewards program (16000 points for a Wii Nunchuck)

All rewards programs are "pretty stupid", but considering how it works (on trade-ins and buying stuff) you can make out with some serious rewards points. I'd say it's better than EDGE because you couldn't get free stuff with an EDGE card.
MLIFTgM.gif

#14 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:42 PM

Not in Colorado Springs until fall I was told when I just renewed my edge at the begining of the month

Not to worry, when it rolls out in your area they will convert your EDGE card subscription into a PowerUp Rewards card for free, since the PUR program is flat out replacing EDGE soon.
MLIFTgM.gif

#15 kiribee

kiribee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:44 PM

Rise from your grave!

#16 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:48 PM

When I went to one last weekend, the sales guy behind the counter was asking me if I was aware of it because it was going to be starting soon. I live in Georgia, about 30 minutes NW of Midtown Atlanta.

the_it_crowd_moss.jpgdefault.png

#17 tennisfan16

tennisfan16

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:57 PM

Not active in all parts of Oklahoma, I live in tulsa and no rewards program.
Posted Image

#18 TheAngryReptile

TheAngryReptile

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 06:00 PM

Hey guys, if you're really that bummed out about not getting in on this deal, GS.com is still running the 25% off used games until the end of the month...that combined with your edge card makes a 32.5% discount, which is only about .8% away from getting b2g1...and you can buy as often as youu want until the sale is up, and you're not forced to buy any certain amount of games...

just my 2 cents...
Moderation is for Monks.....

#19 Zygote

Zygote

Yu are the One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 06:06 PM

I heard from a GS manager that the power rewards will replace the Edge card. This is just the trial run.
"Do not scorn the weak cub - he may become a brutal tiger"
Ancient Mongolian Proverb

#20 PenguinMaster

PenguinMaster

Sacrilicious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 06:14 PM

Hey guys, if you're really that bummed out about not getting in on this deal, GS.com is still running the 25% off used games until the end of the month...that combined with your edge card makes a 32.5% discount, which is only about .8% away from getting b2g1...and you can buy as often as youu want until the sale is up, and you're not forced to buy any certain amount of games...

just my 2 cents...

B2G1 combines with edge card as well, so it's 7.5% away from a B2G1. Additionally the 25% off is only good on games $19.99 and up.

Digital distribution is the death of the preservation of the arts.

Game Collection: http://backloggery.c...r=penguinmaster
Blu-ray Collection: http://www.blu-ray.c...action=overview

#21 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 06:19 PM

I heard from a GS manager that the power rewards will replace the Edge card. This is just the trial run.

Why don't they just augment the Edge membership to include all these menial Power Rewards trappings?

#22 Survivalism

Survivalism

CAG's Lance Boyle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:10 PM

Why don't they just augment the Edge membership to include all these menial Power Rewards trappings?

That's exactly what it is. All these questions pop up every time someone mentions PowerUp. Nothing about the EDGE system changes, you just get points on transactions now. They give you a new card and a B2G1 for signing up and that's it. Like any store's reward program, it's expensive and unless you spend a ton of money at Gamestop, it's not really something you're missing out on, either. But, still, free is free and I already got a $5-off coupon from it so there's no complaints, I guess.

#23 Nightmarecast25

Nightmarecast25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:56 PM

I just renewed my Edge card a few days ago.

#24 Pojomofo

Pojomofo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:01 PM

That's exactly what it is. All these questions pop up every time someone mentions PowerUp. Nothing about the EDGE system changes, you just get points on transactions now. They give you a new card and a B2G1 for signing up and that's it. Like any store's reward program, it's expensive and unless you spend a ton of money at Gamestop, it's not really something you're missing out on, either. But, still, free is free and I already got a $5-off coupon from it so there's no complaints, I guess.

So instead of getting actual $ amounts for traded in games, they are going to point system???

#25 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:11 PM

So instead of getting actual $ amounts for traded in games, they are going to point system???

No. You get dollar amounts for your trade-ins, but on top of that you get "reward points" for each dollar amount you trade-in. For purely example purposes (this does not reflect GS Rewards whatsoever), say you trade in a $25 game. You get the $25 credit, as well as 2500 reward points to do with whatever you please.
MLIFTgM.gif

#26 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:11 PM

No. You get the dollar amounts, you just accumulate points also which you then can get free stuff from the rewards website.

For example, right now I have 7500 points. I can't remember the points per dollar, but it is 10 or 20. You also get points for trading in.

1000 more points ($100? maybe? $50?) and I can turn in the points for a Wii perfect shot if I want.

500 more points I can get a coupon for $10 off any game.

15000 total points and I can pick out any strategy guide for any game.

It doesn't affect anything it is just a new perk to getting the edge card.

#27 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:13 PM

The Power Up thing is already in the system for the most part, since I believe my last trade transaction said something like 'Power Up points amount blah blah blah' on the bottom of the receipt.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#28 batman1939

batman1939

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:25 PM

I am starting to hate these damn "reward" cards. I already have 5 on my key ring (Borders, CVS, Toys'r'us, Best Buy, Hot Topics.) And yes I know I can just give them my phone number or e-mail but that is even more of a pain in the ass than scanning the card.

#29 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:29 PM

I am starting to hate these damn "reward" cards. I already have 5 on my key ring (Borders, CVS, Toys'r'us, Best Buy, Hot Topics.) And yes I know I can just give them my phone number or e-mail but that is even more of a pain in the ass than scanning the card.

:lol::lol::applause: I remarked to a couple of cashiers already that I have enough of these damned cards. Mind ya, I don't even keep half of the ones I have in my wallet and when I sold my old car I left my Petsmart or whatever one on the keychain.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#30 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:34 PM

I got my coupon and got my points posted for trading in my phat ps3 for a slim a few days ago.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image