Mirror's Edge PS3 only $11.14 @Amazon

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 dannyox718

dannyox718

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2010 - 02:45 PM

If you're even halfway interested in this game, you shouldn't miss it for this price.

http://www.amazon.co...heapassgam08-20

Mirror's Edge

:ps3: 11.14
:360: 14.99
:pc: 19.90

#2 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2010 - 02:52 PM

Geez, I paid $19.99 for it and it's still sitting on my shelf sealed. :cry:

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#3 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2010 - 02:53 PM

Geez, I paid $19.99 for it and it's still sitting on my shelf sealed. :cry:

It's like a 5 hour game. Crack that puppy open and love every minute of it.

#4 Big St3ph3n

Big St3ph3n

Strange MUSIC!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:09 PM

One of my favorite games of this generation. Still having my fingers crossed for a sequel. Doubt it tho. Fucking EA
Posted Image
NINTENDO ID: Bigst3ph3n
Part of THE MEDIOCRE NATION: THE MEDIOCRE SHOW
Twitter: @bigst3ph3n -- RIP 2pac, BIG and Sega Dreamcast.

#5 Mystery Man

Mystery Man

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:13 PM

Anybody know how long this deal might last?

#6 BrownCracker

BrownCracker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:15 PM

One of my favorite games of this generation. Still having my fingers crossed for a sequel. Doubt it tho. Fucking EA

I thought Mirrors Edge 2 was already confirmed by EA?
Posted Image
[IMG]http://http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Jason9811/Artwork/KOSsig.jpg[/IMG]

#7 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:42 PM

Snap this up peoples, great deal for one of the best games of this console gen.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#8 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:55 PM

Demo bored me to tears

#9 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:56 PM

Demo bored me to tears

Ditto, I'm really surprised by the praise it's getting. The demo was really just horrible.

#10 GaveUpTomorrow

GaveUpTomorrow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:59 PM

Anybody know how long this deal might last?

It has been around this price for quite awhile. I have actually been watching it the past week, and it has dropped like $0.10 every day. Tomorrow it will probably be $11.04 :P Even months ago it was in the $11-$12 range.

#11 spedmunki

spedmunki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2010 - 04:01 PM

#12 droider

droider

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2010 - 04:01 PM

Great deal idd.
I'm IN.

Thanks for sharing.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 david12795

david12795

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2010 - 04:26 PM

should've bought it now instead of buying it may 09 for $20 used from gamestop!
Tradelist
Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC: 5155-4755-9214

#14 def PD

def PD

jack of all trades, master of none

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2010 - 04:37 PM

I think Newegg usually has this for $9.99 (w/free shipping). That's how much I got mine for last year.

Mirror's Edge was definitely one of my favorite games so far this gen.

"Success always comes when preparation meets opportunity."
- Henry Hartman

My Games
http://club.ign.com/...ef_PD&mode=vown

#15 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2010 - 06:53 PM

Course, if you are a PC gamer, Steam has offered it for $5 in the past. The last time was during their July 4th sale.

#16 SkyMasterson

SkyMasterson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2010 - 06:54 PM

Dude same here. Right after I beat it the first time, I went through it again right away, which is rare for me.

I really really hope they are making a sequel.

#17 Vulgarism

Vulgarism

A living, breathing piece of defecating meat.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2010 - 06:58 PM

Ditto on all. Loved the game, prayed for talk of a sequel at E3, would love a sequel... Please.

I thought Mirrors Edge 2 was already confirmed by EA?

Nope, it sounds more like they're not really going on with the series....

I think ME is actually a tentative trilogy, but who knows if that will happen. I love it too though.

A trilogy would be perfect...

Snap this up peoples, great deal for one of the best games of this console gen.

I loved every bit of the game. I can understand the complaints of the people who didn't like it, but there was so much to enjoy. Every color popped and the environments were more beautiful than on any other game I've seen, and the FPParkour was pretty great. Combat wasn't the best, but more incentive to try and avoid it. The cutscenes were kind of crap, too, but what can you do? And the story may have been a bit thin, but I had no qualms with that when I ran through it. I may have my blinders on, but this is up there in my top games list.

76561198003985248.png

#18 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2010 - 06:59 PM

Hating on EA for not making a sequel. Can't say I see that everyday.

Wasn't the game made by DICE anyway? They have their hands pretty full at the moment I'd say...Still, there are signs that a sequel is in the works. I wouldn't dismiss it yet.

#19 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:03 PM

I really really hope they are making a sequel.

I did a search after reading this thread. There is a comment from EA last year that there is a team working on a sequel, but no deadline for it, so who knows when or if it will come out.

http://on-mirrors-ed...enews&Itemid=23

#20 vanlandw

vanlandw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:10 PM

http://www.newegg.co...rs edge&x=0&y=0

$19.99 both PS3 and 360 sadly at newegg. I think for awhile they had it for $9.99 hopefully it drops soon.

#21 Archaic

Archaic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:12 PM

This game is more "love it or hate it" than almost anything else this generation. When your character is running full on, doing tricks, making jumps, and keeping up momentum, it truly is unique and wonderful.

When you're trying to make a jump that requires multiple perfectly timed button presses from an awkward angle for the fifth time, it's frustrating. Love the visual style and pleased that EA at least tried this during their X-mas of innovation (this, Dead Space, and one other that I forget).

#22 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:15 PM

Sounds like the game is very, very much worth $12, even for like six hours of gameplay. But what's shipping on this baby? I know if you buy over $25 worth of stuff, the shipping is free, but obviously this is cheaper then that.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#23 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:40 PM

one of the best games of this console gen.

Add me to this list. Good to hear a sequel is in the works considering the game tanked. Great style & visuals. Faith is a great character & the story is solid. Pulling off a successful Parkour run gives you a rush unlike any other game (probably due to the first person perspective). It's really something special.

I HIGHLY recommend going for the Test of Faith achievement on your first playthrough. Makes the game far more rewarding, IMO.

Looking at my achievements, I started the game on 8/27/09 and finished on 8/28/09, then spent 8/29 picking up random achievements. Short, but definitely worth experiencing.

#24 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:43 PM

it's a shame the DLC never got a DOTW

#25 SkyMasterson

SkyMasterson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:19 PM

it's a shame the DLC never got a DOTW

Yea I've wondered if it'll ever be featured. $10 isa little too pricey for me, but would easily pay $5 for it.

#26 evanwink

evanwink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:12 PM

I've been interested in this game so picked it up. I used the one month free Prime offer and $10 promo credit from when Glory of Heracles was ~11. So ~$12 spent for those 2 games seems like a good deal to me. Not to mention that promo credit was about to expire.

Thanks, OP!

#27 romeogbs19

romeogbs19

Henshin A Go-Go Baby!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:20 PM

Ditto, I'm really surprised by the praise it's getting. The demo was really just horrible.

As am I -- not only was this game headache inducing but it suffered from some of the worst level design I've ever seen. I suppose the whole "it's innovative" part was achieved but when that innovation comes at the expense of fun, I'm not so sure it's a smart step.

I applauded EA for putting this out but my thing is if you're going to release an innovative title, you need to put the real guns against it. One can tell this title was rushed, by far the most obvious indication being the cutscenes (they look like they were put together by an intern learning Flash). And that ending ... wow, just wow.

And I mean that in a bad way -- wow.

Save your $10-13 and put it towards a better game. May be DICE can iron everything out with the sequel, though I have my doubts whether we'll ever see it. The game unofficially tanked so I can't see EA putting major resources into it. It's sort of like how Ubisoft keeps insisted that Beyond and Good & Evil's sequel is still being made ... yeah, sure it is ... in their developers' spare time ... which is like a few hours every week. Won't be surprised when that (and this one) get quietly canned.

#28 markolonghorn

markolonghorn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2010 - 10:05 PM

Xbox 360 version for $8.84 New on Amazon from Game-trade. Eligible for Amazon Prime

#29 Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:01 PM

Xbox 360 version for $8.84 New on Amazon from Game-trade. Eligible for Amazon Prime

Thanks for the heads up!!! Got one.

#30 deckerro

deckerro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:07 PM

Yeah thanks, got the 360 version for $8.84 too, might be worth updating the OP for. A great chance to use the free prime everyone just got.