CAGcast #207: Anality

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 05 August 2010 - 05:53 AM

Is Limbo overrated? Are Clash of the Titans and Castlevania HD terrible? Did CheapyD buy Starcraft II? Those questions and more will be answered along with discussion of the latest gaming and shopping news, and your CAGbag and Twitter contributions.

Download - 93 minutes, 56MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Support the CAGcast with these GoDaddy coupon codes:
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$7.49 domain = CAGDOMAIN

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Edited by CheapyD, 05 August 2010 - 06:17 AM.

#2 RichMeisterMan

RichMeisterMan

Umbrella Executive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 06:18 AM

Woah Dude! Uhhh...1st!

At least I am honest and don't cover it up with that, "Oh Yippee Skippee, Listening NOW!" bull shit. I'm a tool bag and I don't deny it!

#3 Salmonday

Salmonday

Cranky Old Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 06:20 AM

Not first! D'oh.

Say, Cheapy -- what was the strange third line of the CAG wiki you mentioned? The only thing weird I see is someone calling the site a BBS.

And I'm not listening now because iTunes hasn't updated yet. What gives? Is this the 21st century or not? Jeezus.

#4 gwaki

gwaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 06:24 AM

Sweet got a nice long car ride tomorrow that I can listen to this on. Wooo

#5 striker199

striker199

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 06:24 AM

downloading now... looks like the wiki was fixed, it said something like cheapyd trained in the real estate business to prepare to run cag, or something like that.

#6 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 05 August 2010 - 06:25 AM

Not first! D'oh.

Say, Cheapy -- what was the strange third line of the CAG wiki you mentioned? The only thing weird I see is someone calling the site a BBS.

And I'm not listening now because iTunes hasn't updated yet. What gives? Is this the 21st century or not? Jeezus.

Subscribe and hit the "Refresh" button in the bottom right corner.

Someone cleaned up the Wiki page.

#7 iKilledChewbacca

iKilledChewbacca

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 05 August 2010 - 06:43 AM

SWEET new CAGcast !!!

#8 RichMeisterMan

RichMeisterMan

Umbrella Executive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 06:45 AM

Wow, after hearing you guys ream Harmony of Despair I won't be picking that up. Sheesh!

Considering I haven't Played Order of Ecclesia yet I think I'll just look into that.

#9 Davestation

Davestation

Dont Cross The Streams

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:05 AM

Finally, something gayer than Howard Sterns "Gay Week", thanks will listen to it in the car while I'm putting my make-up on!!
[IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ca%20href=%22http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Users/Davestation%22%3E%3Cimg%20src=%22http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/Davestation.jpg%22%20width=%22235%22%20height=%22149%22%20border=%220%22%20/%3E%3C/a%3E[/IMG][IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ca%20href=%22http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Users/Davestation%22%3E%3Cimg%20src=%22http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/Davestation.jpg%22%20width=%22235%22%20height=%22149%22%20border=%220%22%20/%3E%3C/a%3E[/IMG]

#10 apathylad

apathylad

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:26 AM

Man, I actually want to buy Harmony of Despair, but it really seems a thing I would need a posse for. I'll listen to this CAGcast in my morning commute.

#11 snakelda

snakelda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:34 AM

lol, it gets to 115 almost every day. When it sprinkles,it makes it more hot with the little humidity that it leaves. I'm used to it though. you can tell who's not from Az when they always whine on how hot it is.lol. Love the show. Keep up the good work.

#12 bebop

bebop

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:35 AM

Yeah! Cagcast is here to banish my boredom. At least for an hour and half :)

#13 muzras

muzras

I Can HAZ Club NintendoZ?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:40 AM

luvz mah cagzcastz. :D
[cp][/cp]
PLZ TO B 2 Donate-s0rz... Thankz-s0rz ^_^ :D
CAGz are teh bestz. :grouphug:

#14 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:11 AM

Mr. T had a reality show called "I pity the fool" for some reason it doesn't come up when you look under his name, however if you search the show (on IMDB) it shows up for 2006.
Posted Image

#15 TheToiletDuck

TheToiletDuck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:29 AM

Mr T was also in commercials for Snickers, aired in the UK last year.

Holy crap Wombat, you just blew my mind with the Sprockets / Cogs joke. It's the arrow in the FedEx logo all over again.

#16 DietCokeJunkey

DietCokeJunkey

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:45 AM

Listening to Cheapy and Wombat argue over Steam vs GameStop was really annoying. Wombat was completely right.

DarkZion9.png

so I decided to see what I could do with it and I got to the end but there's no way I can finish him off. 

#17 Loonknight

Loonknight

Dirk The Daring

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 10:38 AM

Decent show again this week. I really enjoyed "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" a great deal more than I thought I would when I saw it.

Wombat, I'm sorry you are having so much trouble with PS3 updates, I honestly haven't had much of an issue in a long time with updating my own system, granted I do use it almost every day to either play movies, or games so that might be why. I will say that the Eye of Judgment PSP game is a great deal at $15, especially if you liked the PS3 game in any way or like a decent card/strategy game.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Raise your bananas ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

#18 ihih

ihih

Posted 05 August 2010 - 10:46 AM

Just listen to Shipwreck saying he played Clash of the Titans for 14 hours and he wont touch Starcraft 2. I'm fucking insulted

#19 Fjordson

Fjordson

Posted 05 August 2010 - 11:22 AM

Just listen to Shipwreck saying he played Clash of the Titans for 14 hours and he wont touch Starcraft 2. I'm fucking insulted

Seriously? I..wha...

Posted Image

#20 Axersia

Axersia

Hunter of the Dark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:06 PM

Hey Wombat, just wanted to say that, don't worry, you don't necessarily suck at Darksiders. The minibosses have way too much health and can indeed kill you in 3 hits early on.

I originally started the game on Apocalyptic Mode as I consider myself quite skilled at hack 'n' slash games and ended up restarting on Normal about 1:30 hours in. Having to unleash 10 full combos on an enemy to take it down when a single slip-up could get me killed just wasn't any fun with such a stiff and clunky combat system.

The first thing you'll wanna buy is the weapon power upgrade and equip it onto your sword. That'll help you out quite a bit. Afterwards, you'll probably wanna get the Demon Edge uppercut (High Time in Devil May Cry) and Flipsaw.

Once you have these moves, you'll be able finish off most enemies by launching them in the air with Demon Edge, unleashing a few combos on them, and ending with a Flipsaw.

Afterwards, just go with whatever suits your style. Many people recommend Harpoon Tackle (Stinger in Devil May Cry) to be one of your first, but it's somewhat useless IMO as it knocks enemies back meaning you can't start a combo with it.

Oh, and don't bother buying the Scythe -- just open the Options menu, select Cheats, and enter the code "The Hollow Lord" which allows you to get the Harvester (same as the Scythe but allows you to siphon more souls) for free. Don't worry, it's the only cheat in the game and everybody uses it so you don't have to feel like a noob.

Anyway, hope these tips make the game a bit more enjoyable for you.

Edited by Axersia, 05 August 2010 - 12:35 PM.

#21 Conboy

Conboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:09 PM

Cheapy, what ever happened to the 360 Slim giveaway contest? You guys mentioned it right after E3, and now there is nothing on the website, and i don't recall you guys ever mentioning any winners.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#22 Brad Bishop

Brad Bishop

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:18 PM

I'm with Wombat on the slow PS3 updates.

I hate turning on the PS3 and either having to update the system (not so often) or update the game.

When that happens you can easily spend 20mins downloading the update. I really don't get why it's so slow.

I subscribed to PSN+ as they have automatic updates and hopefully that'll just make it happen in the evening and I won't have to deal with it again.

#23 Duck in a Pond

Duck in a Pond

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:29 PM

I'll be listening to this on my trip from Ohio to Michigan! Perfect timing, thanks guys!!

#24 RanchLizard

RanchLizard

Need more time for games!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 01:21 PM

GameStop vs. Steam is an interesting business case. I tend to agree with Wombat for now; they don't seem to be as competitive as people might assume. But Cheapy has a point, too; they are both outlets that sell games. I'm personally not a huge fan of digital distribution; I likes me some physical media. But the majority might eventually go that way, a la Blockbuster vs. Netflix.

#25 stevew2607

stevew2607

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:20 PM

The FEUD!!!

#26 bubblescrape

bubblescrape

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:28 PM

Castlevania HD is awesome even though its got plenty of issues. Play it with people you know and your enjoyment will increase exponentially.

#27 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:36 PM

Castlevania HD is awesome even though its got plenty of issues. Play it with people you know and your enjoyment will increase exponentially.

I'll politely disagree with you on that, but I did want to correct myself and say that the game does start players in different positions. It just wasn't apparent to me in the first couple levels.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#28 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:44 PM

Cheapy, what ever happened to the 360 Slim giveaway contest? You guys mentioned it right after E3, and now there is nothing on the website, and i don't recall you guys ever mentioning any winners.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=264470

#29 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:06 PM

Damn Wombat, now I understand your tweet about that appt. What rude people. But it's good that the employee there was stern about the schedules. An Applecare warranty for a new MBP now is like $350. I still haven't bought one. Never had to buy extended warranties for any of my stuff cuz they never break until much later. Maybe I'll get one near the end of the year.

Btw, my new site ain't set up yet so my new domain is a secret. :)

Dohhh, only Cheapy is into Starcraft 2? Guess no CAGcast matches. :(

Edited by LiK, 05 August 2010 - 03:54 PM.

63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#30 zekeike

zekeike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:27 PM

Cheapy, don't listen to Shipwreck and Wombat. Castlevania :Harmony of Despair is really cool online.
It's just tough when you start a new character. It will take a couple of hours to get some good stuff.
All the levels are well designed (except for Chapter 3). It's like and old school Castle Crashers.

Posted Image