Photo
- - - - -

Halo Reach Limited Edition Guide on sale at Amazon for $18.89 (ships in 1-4 mths)

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 karamsoul

karamsoul

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:10 PM

Hi Guys,

This is my first thread ever on a deal :)

http://www.amazon.co...81729757&sr=8-1

The Halo Reach Limited Edition Guide by Brady Games is on sale (for pre-order) at Amazon.com
for $23.09, $11.90 off the MSRP of $34.99.

The standard guide is also on sale for $13.49, $6.50 off the MSRP of $19.99:

http://www.amazon.co...81730067&sr=1-2

Free 2-Day shipping if you are an Amazon Prime member (or put in some fillers to reach $25 for
free standard shipping if you are not) and no tax!

I ordered one. Both versions will release on September 3rd, 2010!

Thanks.

I'm kind of a big deal...

#2 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:16 PM

Thanks OP! First Fallout, now Reach guides are getting some nice discounts today!

#3 karamsoul

karamsoul

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:21 PM

Finally realized it's time to give back to the community that helps me save SO much. ;)

#4 koopa213

koopa213

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:36 PM

I would get on this deal but I dont have enough money! :(

#5 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2010 - 09:08 PM

WOW, just saw that the Amazon Visa Rewards card is offering $40 back, went ahead and signed up and grabbed a guide as well!

#6 ONESTARv2

ONESTARv2

Dreamcast Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2010 - 09:09 PM

heart jumped until i saw the word "guide" lol.
*The Cadillac of signatures*

#7 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2010 - 09:16 PM

any word on if it includes anything special besides just being a hardcover?

#8 Pengwyns

Pengwyns

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2010 - 09:22 PM

Comparing the regular and limited edition from Gamestop.com yields the following difference:

Exclusive 96 PAGE DEVELOPER'S DIARY with CONCEPT ART and personal commentary from the design team at Bungie studios. A MUST for any Halo fan!

#9 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2010 - 03:31 PM

Just saw it's marked down to $18.89! Of course I doubt anyone can place new orders, but for those of us who have preordered it's a better drop. =D

#10 ninja dog

ninja dog

Shoto Guilt

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2010 - 04:00 PM

Better get this...those Halo games are next to impossible without a strategy guide.

#11 Temidien

Temidien

CAG Lantern Corp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2010 - 04:23 PM

OP, having been around forever and never having posted a deal as well (not by choice, I just never seem to stumble upon any before someone else already posts it), I applaud you.
:applause:

Posted Image

#12 agentghost

agentghost

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2010 - 04:56 PM

Better get this...those Halo games are next to impossible without a strategy guide.

you gotta be sh1tting me man... :roll: Halo is not RPG.. why do you even need a guide..unless for collector's purpose?

#13 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2010 - 05:00 PM

you gotta be sh1tting me man... :roll: Halo is not RPG.. why do you even need a guide..unless for collector's purpose?

Pretty sure he was being sarcastic brah.

This is a good deal for anyone into collector's stuff I guess, these guides do go for quite a bit after they've released.

#14 ninja dog

ninja dog

Shoto Guilt

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2010 - 05:15 PM

i just like to know where the weapons are in the levels and if there are any codes for the game

#15 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2010 - 05:58 PM

i just like to know where the weapons are in the levels and if there are any codes for the game

Forge/Theater makes it super easy to find the weapons in each level. All I do is either go around in forge to find them or watch a replay and wait until someone picks up the gun and uses it. Then I rewind and see where they picked it up. It may be a tad slower, but it will help you learn the levels far more than a picture in a book will.

#16 ninja dog

ninja dog

Shoto Guilt

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2010 - 06:18 PM

i can't keep up this charade- i am joking.

#17 karamsoul

karamsoul

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2010 - 01:57 AM

Update: Seems like both the versions of the guides are "Temporarily out of stock". According to Amazon, they should have shipped out on September 3rd. Received an email from them saying that Amazon would update me as to when the guide will ship out.

Good news out of this, though.

The Limited Edition Halo Reach Guide has dropped in price EVEN MORE.

The price for the Limited Edition Guide is now $18.89 ($16.10 off of MSRP!!!) from the original sale of $23.09 that I quoted in my first post.

http://www.amazon.co...83737758&sr=8-1

Good time to jump in on the LE Guide.

The standard guide is still at the original savings price of $13.49.

#18 karamsoul

karamsoul

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2010 - 02:02 AM

Just saw it's marked down to $18.89! Of course I doubt anyone can place new orders, but for those of us who have preordered it's a better drop. =D

Crap. I duplicate-posted in my own thread. Thanks Sharkey.

OP, having been around forever and never having posted a deal as well (not by choice, I just never seem to stumble upon any before someone else already posts it), I applaud you.
:applause:

:Bow :)

#19 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2010 - 02:03 AM

Had it preordered for a while, so I hope they change the price. Otherwise, I'm going to have to make a call!
This space reserved in memory of one of the greatest heroes we will ever know. He faced insurmountable odds and sacrificed all for what he believed in. He died so that we could delay the inevitable. His name shall be honored forever, and his legend inscribed into the annals of history forever. And his name was...

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.
http://gamercard.xbo...ertag=Mr Dude65

#20 karamsoul

karamsoul

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2010 - 02:09 AM

Had it preordered for a while, so I hope they change the price. Otherwise, I'm going to have to make a call!

I had it pre-ordered as well for $23.09. Canceled the order the re-ordered at the $18.89 price point. That probably put me in the back of the line, but at least I'll get it (someday LOL).

#21 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:03 AM

I had it pre-ordered as well for $23.09. Canceled the order the re-ordered at the $18.89 price point. That probably put me in the back of the line, but at least I'll get it (someday LOL).

Well i figure that they said they could ship them on the 3rd, but someone went psycho about streetdate, so they really do have them in-stock, but they won't ship til the 14th. Just my thought, though. I'm keeping the preorder, just in-case, though.
This space reserved in memory of one of the greatest heroes we will ever know. He faced insurmountable odds and sacrificed all for what he believed in. He died so that we could delay the inevitable. His name shall be honored forever, and his legend inscribed into the annals of history forever. And his name was...

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.

#22 wheremy

wheremy

Posted 06 September 2010 - 04:07 PM

You all are idiots!! The guide will not ship until the 14th...if you think amazon is going to ship out the guide before that date, you really have to be retarded...

#23 Kendro

Kendro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2010 - 04:22 PM

Guide is now $18.89 fellas.

#24 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2010 - 04:28 PM

You all are idiots!! The guide will not ship until the 14th...if you think amazon is going to ship out the guide before that date, you really have to be retarded...

Ummmm, way to start off your CAG career. Now please, get the Fuck out :)

P.S. If you're going to do something like this in the future, why don't you get correct info???? Amazon has shipped many things before the release date, and sometimes guides get released before their respective game.

God, I hate people like you.

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.

#25 karamsoul

karamsoul

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:34 PM

WTF is wrong with you, bud? Say NO to drugs, especially before posting. ;)

Don't be an a-hole in this community. You'll find tolerance for idiots quite low on this site. Check your mouth and attitude at the door next time.

Ummmm, way to start off your CAG career. Now please, get the Fuck out :)

P.S. If you're going to do something like this in the future, why don't you get correct info???? Amazon has shipped many things before the release date, and sometimes guides get released before their respective game.

God, I hate people like you.

Anyways Dude, apparently, if you go to the site, Amazon now says "usually ships between 1 to 4 months".

*argh*

We'll see what happens. Hopefully it ships on or around the 14th.

#26 DarkShock91

DarkShock91

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:43 PM

You can just contact them by e-mail. I did that and they switched it from $23.09 to $18.89 in just five minutes.

Also: I hope I get my guide in time for for Halo: Reach. I was actually hoping I'd get it on Tuesday, but then of course it got delayed. :(

#27 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:50 PM

Tempted to get that guide, especially at that price. But, I'm a reformed LE guide -aholic. I had stacks of 'em and after I was done with the game...they were worthless. Must hold off!!!

Chubbyninja1319.png

What? Oh hell no! Hold up. Huh? Oh okay.

#28 Scottwurst

Scottwurst

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2010 - 06:26 PM

heart jumped until i saw the word "guide" lol.

Ha, same here. I was like NO WAY then I was like, Oh nm.

#29 mr_bungle

mr_bungle

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

Posted 06 September 2010 - 06:26 PM

Why do people on this site like guides so much? Not trolling, just curious...since there are so many free walkthroughs and whatnot online. It has always been a legit question I have.

#30 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2010 - 06:29 PM

Why do people on this site like guides so much? Not trolling, just curious...since there are so many free walkthroughs and whatnot online. It has always been a legit question I have.

I like them because I can have it right next to me while I play the game. The computer is in the other room, so it would REALLY disrupt the flow of the game to have to keep going back and forth. Also, you can take them anywhere, so you can read at many different times and places. They also often times contain info that can't be found on the internet walkthroughs like art sections, or developer commentary. Those are my reasons, but I'm sure there are others.

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.