Photo
- - - - -

Bayonetta, Sonic Racing $19.99, Xbox 360 Super Elites w/$50 gc, & more at BestBuy.com

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#1 darkmatter00

darkmatter00

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2010 - 12:23 PM

The Best Buy ad this week has nothing special but if you check the XBOX 360 and PS3 on sale sections you might find something you like. When you buy a FF XIII 360 bundle or a Splinter Cell Conviction bundle you get a $50 gift card. This deal seems to be online only. There also some games on sale, most notably Bayonetta for PS3/360 for $19.99 and some select games are 2 for $30. Here are the links. Thanks Cheapy for cleaning up my mess and adding the Wii and DS games.

:360: Xbox 360 250GB Elite Final Fantasy XIII and Splinter Cell Bundles, $299.99 + $50 gift card
Posted Image 2 for $30
:360::ps3: Bayonetta $19.99
:360::ps3: Sonic & Sega All Star Racing $19.99
:360::ps3::wii: DJ Hero Bundle & Stand Alone Turntable $19.99-$39.99

Other sale items:
:360: Xbox 360 games
:ps3: PS3 games
:wii: Wii games
:ds: DS games

Edited by CheapyD, 16 August 2010 - 07:59 AM.
added more details

"I have but recently returned from the valley of the shadow of death. I'm rapturously breathing in all the odors and essences of life. I've been to the brink of total oblivion. I remember and ferment the desire to remember everything." - Waking Life

#2 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2010 - 12:33 PM

curious how long these are on sale. Did it just start today? Wouldnt mind picking up Bayonetta for $19.99 but i dont get paid til Friday.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#3 malethief

malethief

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2010 - 12:33 PM

Great find. I'll tell my friend to pick up Bayonetta since he was waiting for a price drop

#4 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 15 August 2010 - 12:44 PM

that Sonic All Star Racing doesn't look bad at all for $20..my kid actually tried it at Wal-Mart on demo and was able to half-way control it..may get it for him. Thanks OP!!
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#5 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2010 - 12:46 PM

It's a two day sale, Sunday and Monday, only online.

http://www.bestbuy.c...cmcat8400050004

gah! bummer.

rm8ylt.gif

#6 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2010 - 01:42 PM

Resonance of Fate for 40 isn't bad....

#7 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 15 August 2010 - 01:54 PM

Another halfway decent deal(only till the end of business today) is :ps3:GTA: Episodes From Liberty City is only $19.99 after using a Reward Zone Gamer's Club $20 off coupon towards it.

Since it's off the normal MSRP of $40 for the games the coupon IS valid, don't let the employees bs ya that the $40 price is a 'sale price'.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#8 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2010 - 01:55 PM

Resonance of Fate for 40 isn't bad....

its been cheaper. $30 at KMart a few weeks ago.

rm8ylt.gif

#9 emg28

emg28

esteeohpee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2010 - 02:12 PM

I'm tempted by Bayonetta at $20. It would put me over on Reward Zone points and Gamer's Club points so I would get $15 in RZ Certificates. Shipping isn't a problem since they apparently offer in-store pick up.

The thing is that the game would just go into my backlog and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get it cheaper later on.

Thanks for the heads up, OP.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Games Beaten: 2012 2011 2010 2009

#10 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2010 - 02:43 PM

Looks like those Fallout coasters at Kmart werent so exclusive. lol

rm8ylt.gif

#11 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2010 - 02:45 PM

OP, you may want to include the price on those consoles for those who don't want to click thru to find out. They are on sale for $299, plus the $50 gift card.

#12 FadeToOne

FadeToOne

It's CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2010 - 03:06 PM

That sure is a random smattering of games in the 2 for $30. Be nice if some of those applied to both consoles instead of just one.

Based on the girlfriend's feedback, I'm down for Lego Indy and Batman... thanks OP!
FadeToOne.png

#13 yukonrye

yukonrye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2010 - 03:13 PM

For those that weren't already aware, Amazon has the FFXIII bundle for $250 plus the faceplate. The Best Buy GC deal is better for those who want the Black 360 Splinter Cell Bundle.

#14 Devulture

Devulture

Scavenging the Earth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2010 - 03:14 PM

How is the Sonic & SEGA racing game?

#15 beard.

beard.

Posted 15 August 2010 - 03:18 PM

It's pretty fun. I picked it up at one of the closing Movie Gallery stores and I've had a good time with it so far.

#16 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 15 August 2010 - 03:20 PM

Best Buys tend to match their online deals, even though it says online only. If you really want to just do it in store either ask them when you get to the store or just call ahead so you don't have to go there if they say no, but generally Best Buys, although unwilling to match other website's prices, are pretty willing to match their own site's prices. So give it a shot. Not as YMMV as you would think.
Posted Image

#17 Broseph

Broseph

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2010 - 03:39 PM

Thanks OP. This is the price I was waiting for on Bayonetta.

Going to try picking it up at the local B&M later today.

#18 GaveUpTomorrow

GaveUpTomorrow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2010 - 03:56 PM

How is the Sonic & SEGA racing game?

Fantastic! I'd put it up there with Mario Kart 64 and Crash Team Racing. I don't platinum a game unless I truly enjoy it, and I went all the way with Sonic and SEGA Racing. It is at least the best kart racer of this generation.

#19 Gideon68

Gideon68

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2010 - 04:01 PM

that Sonic All Star Racing doesn't look bad at all for $20..my kid actually tried it at Wal-Mart on demo and was able to half-way control it..may get it for him. Thanks OP!!

Great, I was going to buy the 360 version yesterday and it was $29.99 in store. The PS3 version was $19.99 yesterday so I don't know if that's the regular price at BB. FYI, the 360 version has Banjo as an extra character.

#20 Lord Darkstorn

Lord Darkstorn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2010 - 04:17 PM

For those of us who missed out on the Amazon DotD a while back: http://www.bestbuy.c...tegories&ks=960

Both 360 and PS3 versions on sale.
Posted Image

#21 LancerEvoX

LancerEvoX

Posted 15 August 2010 - 04:24 PM

Awesome, time to get a 360 copy :D
PS3: Macross 30
PC: Tomb Raider
Vita (Black): Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
Vita (White): Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
3DS XL: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Nexus 4: Final Fantasy Dimensions

#22 bigwightdog

bigwightdog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2010 - 04:27 PM

Nice price for Sega racing! I'm right in the middle of Modnation and Blur...not sure I need a Kart racing backlog. Plus I still enjoy Mario Kart Wii.

#23 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2010 - 04:34 PM

awesome! thanks OP!

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#24 norkusa

norkusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2010 - 04:34 PM

Bout time! I've been waiting months for the 360 version to drop to $20. Didn't know about the Amazon DotD.

#25 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2010 - 04:35 PM

Which Tetris Party does anybody recommend Wii or DS? I'm on the fence on which one I should buy.

#26 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2010 - 04:51 PM

gah! bummer.

Its online, can't you order and wait till Friday for pickup?

#27 romeogbs19

romeogbs19

Henshin A Go-Go Baby!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2010 - 04:54 PM

Bout time! I've been waiting months for the 360 version to drop to $20. Didn't know about the Amazon DotD.

Amazon's DOTD was only on the PS3 version of the game (if I remember correctly).

This is a solid price. I'm waiting for Amazon to match it -- come on, Amazon, match this price!

#28 mindatlarge

mindatlarge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2010 - 05:03 PM

With shipping and sales tax, comes to $24.36. I'm in PA.

Not shabby, though I think I might wait and see if Newegg or Amazon will price match with free shipping. No sales tax with those guys either, at least in my state.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Currently Playing: Suikoden 2 (PS2) / On Preorder: Ni no Kuni (PS3)
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#29 Doomstink

Doomstink

Posted 15 August 2010 - 05:04 PM

Awesome, just picked up Sega and Sonic All-Stars Racing. I was waiting for it to hit sub-$20, but figured since I had two $15 gift cards from the blu-ray deal last week, that's good enough. I swore to myself a while back that I would buy this game solely because it has Ryo Hazuki from Shenmue in it...

#30 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2010 - 05:08 PM

Awesome, just picked up Sega and Sonic All-Stars Racing. I was waiting for it to hit sub-$20, but figured since I had two $15 gift cards from the blu-ray deal last week, that's good enough. I swore to myself a while back that I would buy this game solely because it has Ryo Hazuki from Shenmue in it...

I just wish they gave us the Pre-Order DLC Bonus EU people got =(, we in turn had to pay for the Ryo Forklift DLC.