43 replies to this topic

#1 LagFighter

LagFighter

The Wild Card

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 04:57 PM

Get them while they're hot!

http://www.amazon.co...ef=pd_sim_vg_37

I love me some free Amazon Prime with Amazon Student. 8-)

IGN Review

#2 Lonedragon87

Lonedragon87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 05:01 PM

still never played this game been sitting on my shelf for ages

#3 soopermv

soopermv

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 05:10 PM

I bit, thanks op
Posted Image

#4 peanut_gallery

peanut_gallery

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 05:11 PM

Fantastic game (one of my original XBOX favorites) and great price.

#5 Lonedragon87

Lonedragon87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 05:18 PM

is it backwards compaitable?

#6 soopermv

soopermv

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 05:19 PM

yes
Posted Image

#7 USB Cable

USB Cable

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 05:20 PM

Yup! This is a great game
Spoiler

#8 jughead

jughead

Beersport Champion!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 05:26 PM

Geez! Amazon makes it to easy to buy especially when you have prime.

#9 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 05:41 PM

Bioware classic I never got around to. Sold.

#10 mxpowar

mxpowar

Menace II Sobriety

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 05:47 PM

I highly recommend this game as well although I must say that I found this game to be extremely easy, especially after
Spoiler
. Still, it's a Bioware game, so you know the story and aesthetic design will really suck you in.

#11 gregnied

gregnied

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:12 PM

I'm in for one, I have been wanting to play this game for a while now, hard to beat this price

#12 Rhett

Rhett

Global Defense Initiative

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:19 PM

I bought this back in December during a Steam sale, for like $2... still haven't been able to play it. I dunno if it doesn't like newer computers or what (it IS an Xbox port), but it ran at a really low framerate (was really jerky), constantly, regardless of settings.

I contacted Steam support asking for a refund or help. They said contact 2K Games for support. I did. ONE MONTH LATER I get an email back saying that they can't help me and to contact Steam. ARGH!

So, yeah, despite it being $5, I recommend making sure it'll run.
Steam: Rhett816

#13 droider

droider

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:32 PM

Awesome!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 soopermv

soopermv

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:45 PM

I bought this back in December during a Steam sale, for like $2... still haven't been able to play it. I dunno if it doesn't like newer computers or what (it IS an Xbox port), but it ran at a really low framerate (was really jerky), constantly, regardless of settings.

I contacted Steam support asking for a refund or help. They said contact 2K Games for support. I did. ONE MONTH LATER I get an email back saying that they can't help me and to contact Steam. ARGH!

So, yeah, despite it being $5, I recommend making sure it'll run.

Well I can guarantee that this version will not run on anyone's PC.
Posted Image

#15 kataztrophik

kataztrophik

Rochambeau! I win.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:48 PM

I was frankly a bit surprised to see a thread for an older-generation title without seeing Fire Thief here. It makes sense though, Jade Empire was an awesome game :lol:

#16 brkptr

brkptr

This was a triumph

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:58 PM

Great game, and one of the only morality games that I played through as a "bad" guy. Easily worth $5, even for a last-gen game.
Posted Image

#17 Zin_LG

Zin_LG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:06 AM

Bah, its the Xbox version.

#18 AFarewell2Arms

AFarewell2Arms

Drop A Deuce

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:10 AM

Bah, its the Xbox version.

As opposed to what? The PC version? The Xbox version is far superior.

#19 Indyjones

Indyjones

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:11 AM

Kinda OT, but did MS stop making xbox games BC? I checked their site the other day and their BC list hasn't been updated since 11/07.

#20 AFarewell2Arms

AFarewell2Arms

Drop A Deuce

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:19 AM

Kinda OT, but did MS stop making xbox games BC? I checked their site the other day and their BC list hasn't been updated since 11/07.

They probably just don't care about updating the list. Most people would rather play regular Xbox 360 games. The BC crowd is a small fraction of their user base. Look at PS3. Once they finally had some games that people started caring about, they took out the BC capabilities. Back on topic, I'm pretty sure it is backwards compatible.

#21 mrright4you4now

mrright4you4now

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:30 AM

Didn't they take the whole regular xbox support thing offline? I would assume that also goes hand in hand with using backwards compatiable games and that would explain why theres no list. Has anyone tried running a backwards compatiable game that they hadn't played prior to that change and if so did you have any problems?

#22 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 19 August 2010 - 02:24 AM

Still my favorite Bioware game. Everyone should find a way to play this title, even if it means playing the PC version.

#23 DrowVampyre

DrowVampyre

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 02:39 AM

What's wrong with the PC version? I've got the X-Box limited edition one and have been meaning to get the PC one if it goes on a good sale, assuming it'd be better the way...well, most every other game that's on PC and other platforms is...but you guys are making me nervous. >_> <_<

#24 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 02:50 AM

Didn't they take the whole regular xbox support thing offline? I would assume that also goes hand in hand with using backwards compatiable games and that would explain why theres no list. Has anyone tried running a backwards compatiable game that they hadn't played prior to that change and if so did you have any problems?

They didn't end BC updates, they ended Live support for multiplayer, DLC, etc. There's not "no list" - there's just a list last updated November 2007 (when MS threw in the towel on making more original Xbox games playable), and Jade Empire is on it.

#25 Fire_Thief

Fire_Thief

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:00 AM

Guys, I suggest you spend three more dollars and get the Limited Edition. It's the one I own and it's awesome. Hell, I own two copies of it.

#26 WatchdogXC

WatchdogXC

Old School Cheapass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:02 AM

I don't really play RPGs but this game was awesome. I liked the real time combat and the story and voice acting were top notch.

#27 mitnosi

mitnosi

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:12 AM

Grabbed a copy, had it saved in my list of stuff to get at some point, might as well be now.

#28 lolwut?

lolwut?

Thank you BasedGod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:23 AM

Guys, I suggest you spend three more dollars and get the Limited Edition. It's the one I own and it's awesome. Hell, I own two copies of it.

Where do you see this at?

#29 henrylin22

henrylin22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:23 AM

this game is friggin awesome, i had the boxed retail and then bought the steam version just cuz it's so good. PC version is the best though, with the artbook, poster and bonus content.

#30 Zin_LG

Zin_LG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 04:16 AM

As opposed to what? The PC version? The Xbox version is far superior.

There are only two versions Xbox and PC. Also how is the Xbox version far superior when the PC version has increased graphics resolutions and new visual effects new monsters and enemies, new fighting styles, improved combat AI and difficulty levels? Anyway already have and played the Xbox version.