CAGcast #209: Calling All Farts!

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 19 August 2010 - 02:49 AM

Lots to talk about this week, including: Kane & Lynch 2, Mass Effect 2 on PS3, the new PS3 Move bundle, the latest gaming and shopping news, your CAGbag and Twitter questions and so much more. It's a gas!

Download - 80 minutes, 56MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Support the CAGcast with these GoDaddy coupon codes:
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$7.49 domain = CAGDOMAIN

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Edited by CheapyD, 19 August 2010 - 06:59 AM.

#2 iKilledChewbacca

iKilledChewbacca

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:02 AM

WooHoo another awesome CAGcast cant wait till tomorrow to listen :D

#3 killthemall4444

killthemall4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:04 AM

God damn it why do the Cagcasts keep getting shorter!?

#4 Chrisness

Chrisness

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:04 AM

yay
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I play Halo 3, Rainbow Six, SSBB, Carcassonne, Worms, others online. PM me to play SSBB, send friend request to play Xbox Live.

#5 FrankCastleAZ

FrankCastleAZ

AZHP Gaming Founder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:06 AM

What he said.

I want 8 hour podcasts! (I can settle for 2 hour podcasts)

-FrankCastleAZ
Posted Image
AZHP Gaming - Website - Facebook - Twitter - Google Plus -

#6 USB Cable

USB Cable

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:16 AM

I should not be up this late, I need me some pills or something..... At least I have the CAGcast to keep me company now. :applause: Pretty sure this show is gonna stink though ;)
Spoiler

#7 DietCokeJunkey

DietCokeJunkey

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:59 AM

Probably due to the fact that its summer which means very little new releases and slow gaming news. We'll probably get longer CAGcasts in the fall.

Hey Ship, would someone who severely dislikes Michael Cera enjoy Scott Pilgrim vs. The World? The only thing stopping me from seeing it is the fact that I really hate Michael Cera.

And Wombat, stick to humming during the Go Daddy segments. I don't mind the humming in the background, but the toy music was extremely obnoxious.

Edited by DarkZion, 19 August 2010 - 08:58 AM.

DarkZion9.pngWjwtTLD.gif?1

so I decided to see what I could do with it and I got to the end but there's no way I can finish him off. 

#8 hectorlaparka

hectorlaparka

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:10 AM

I gotta get rid of them x's on my nickname.

#9 alishaikh199

alishaikh199

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:36 AM

I'd like that PSP code please. Thanks!

#10 AustinM

AustinM

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:16 AM

Excellent as always, guys. Wombat had some good points this week, although perhaps it balances out with his spontaneous flatulance (some of us eat when we listen, you know! :D ). Also, I think I'd enjoy Ys Seven. I was actually thinking of picking it up, but then decided against it when I bought Silver Star Harmony during the PSN sale (I'm also saving my bones for Valkyria Chronicles 2). It would be so, so sweet if I won that code. ;)

#11 Buuhan1

Buuhan1

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:28 AM

I await your review of Ys, Shipwreck. I'll be getting a PSP next month for Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep and will be looking for more games to play on the system, hopefully Ys can be one. Great show as always, guys. If you don't take my word for it know it's 4am and I'm staying up longer to listen to the podcast.

http://www.youtube.com/KyleFedora

Posted Image
Backloggery

I'm 34 years old, and damned it, I want my freaking half-undressed anime chick.

In for 12 to afford a dozen roses for my body pillow Kimiko.

#12 USB Cable

USB Cable

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:30 AM

Great show as always humans! I now fully understand why you named the show what it is :-&
Spoiler

#13 hectorlaparka

hectorlaparka

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:31 AM

Hey Ship, would someone who severely dislikes Michael Cera enjoy Scott Pilgrim vs. The World? The only thing stopping me from seeing it is the fact that I really hate Michael Cera.

Same here, even though I don't hate him, I just think he plays the same role in every movie he's in. However, now that i know Edgar Wright is involved, I really want to see it.

The PS3 game is pretty good, and the soundtrack is so catchy.

#14 firehawk12

firehawk12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:33 AM

You guys are forgetting about the fact that you need ME1 to import a character into ME2 if you want to play a Paragon character, let alone see some of the characters that may or may not have died in ME1.

It also implies that any choices you make in ME1 won't matter that much (more emails!) in ME3 especially if a large chunk of their audience won't even see that content.

#15 HOVA uk

HOVA uk

Residential Fart Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:04 AM

best outro ever..

#16 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:39 AM

Mass Effect 2 on PS3 is awesome. Why? Because Mass Effect 2 is awesome. I haven't played a more consistently good game like that in a long time (but it's still not one of my favorite games ever). One concern I have about it coming to PS3 is not having some of the more major choices from the original in 2, namely characters being alive. By simply giving players a checklist to mark off what they want to play with in 2 would remedy some of those concerns, even though I'm not going to double dip for the PS3 version.

Wombat, whenever Kotaku did NPD posts, they usually did at least 2, maybe more. One for hardware, one for software. I've kind of lost interest in NPD's because the software sales have just become sorta depressing to not see some of everyone's favorite games selling not as good/poorly as you think they should, especially with the bad economy. But at least Dragon Quest IX sold quite a few copies.

Good show

And because I couldn't let this moment be passed up, a song.

Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#17 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:56 AM

Probably due to the fact that its summer which means very little new releases and slow gaming news. We'll probably get longer CAGcasts in the fall.

And Wombat, stick to humming during the Go Daddy segments. I don't mind the humming in the background, but the toy music was extremely obnoxious.

It's difficult for me to say since I actually enjoy Michael Cera outside of Scott Pilgrim as well. It's kind of a similar character to what he's played in the past, so if you really hate Michael Cera, this probably isn't going to change your mind.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#18 Phade

Phade

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:17 PM

Glad to hear Shipwreck talk a bit about Ys seven, I couldn't find anyone writing a review for it so Im happy Boatcrash will. I know the psp line up doesnt always get a lot of love but Im really looking forward to this one, Its good to hear that its turning out to be fun game.

Love the Show, keep it up

#19 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:24 PM

For your listening pleasure, I've isolated the farts:

Listen on Soundcloud.com

#20 collipop

collipop

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:24 PM

I know you guys don't have interest in buying kinect or move but I think you need to purchase it anyway. As listeners we want to know if something is good, bad or worth buying and I come to the cagcast to hear what you guys think. Even if you buy it then decide its total crap and never play it again Its still useful to hear about it on the cagcast.
Posted Image

#21 MannishBoy

MannishBoy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:45 PM

I think there ARE people who will buy Win Phone 7 solely to get achievements. Do you really think there aren't? Have you read the Engadget comments?

I think Win Phone 7 looks pretty cool. That said, I'm buying an Android phone. I'll check back in after WP7 has had a year to mature.

Edited by MannishBoy, 19 August 2010 - 02:39 PM.

#22 Walt Jay

Walt Jay

Gamerscore Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:49 PM

I agree with Wombat on the Matrix vs. Star Wars question. It's not even close IMO. There's a big difference between disappointing and plain bad.
Posted Image

#23 NegativeZero

NegativeZero

CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:57 PM

Fuck YES! Love that Gummi bears Intro! Keep it up! I'll let you know if I like the cagcast later.

http://zerofigures.wordpress.com

"He should have those magic b!tches all over his jock" - CheapyD, CagCast #168

#24 fahq1977

fahq1977

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:58 PM

Re: ME2 for PS3

Coming from a gamer who likes to play, but doesn't have the hours or the funds to have all games and all systems, I only have a PS3 (for the blu-ray/gaming combo) prefer the role-playing and best quality games, and want Alan Wake and Mass Effect 2. This is exactly the kind of news I hope to hear more of. Keep fighting the good fight shipwreck!

#25 RobIsLegend

RobIsLegend

Posted 19 August 2010 - 02:24 PM

I work in Digital Display Media, so for me, Wombat's discussion of the cost for Gawker vs traffic was actually a nice way to tie my work and personal life together! Though, a CPM is the only way for that set up to work, as CPC or CPA would just come at too high a premium for that cost method to ever fly on a site like that

As for Mass Effect 2, I'm in a bit of a pickle- I have a PS3 and just bought one of the new 360's (250gig) soley for the purpose of playing Mass Effect and Fable. Now that 50% of the reason I bought the thing is out the window, am I pretty much SOL? I dont feel so bad, as I also picked up Gears and Dead Rising and was pleasantly surprised, but the idea that I finally caved and then this news break is a bit of a blow to my gut...and wallet.

I know I'm an extreme case here, but I'd like to believe there are atleast a few others in a similar situation. Now, when ME:3 comes out, do we expect it to be cross platform, or XBox exclusive (for atleast a while)?

And Wombat, I was talking to you about Dragon Age too! Way to cut a brother out! The Dragon Age DLC is a bit hit or miss (though Golem of Armgarrak was hard as hell), but the game itself, aside from some issues like Frame rate and complexity of combat (not due to intricacy but poor design), the game itself is actually very well done. I never beat Fallout 3 but stuck with DA:O to the end, because the story was so well done. It's definitely a labor of love, but worth it.

/end diatribe...and boys, get some bean-o.

#26 Walt Jay

Walt Jay

Gamerscore Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 02:25 PM

Ship,

I was in the same ship (hur, hur) as you with Fallout 3. I got out of the vault and lost all interest. Then I came back to it months later, and absolutely loved it and all 5 DLCs. Give it another shot!

Oddly enough, the same exact thing happened with Dragon Age. I played it through the intro mission, forgot about the game, then came back to it and played it to death.
Posted Image

#27 ZombieJeebus

ZombieJeebus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 02:50 PM

Hi Cheapy,

Check out these books for whenever you are going to Hawaii. There is a different book for each island.
http://www.amazon.co...1.102_95&fsc=-1

These books are fantastic, they are written by locals and regularly updated. We buy the latest edition whenever we go.

Try to get a reservation at Duke's on Waikiki Beach for their Sunday brunch.

If you want to do anything "touristy", GET THERE EARLY.

And Oahu is not "The Big Island", that is Kona.
"I love you. But I also love hanging up on you."
Cheapy D, 12/16/2009

#28 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:14 PM

Gummi Bears intro??? BOSS!

Dayam Wombat, you sounded so angry when you were answering my question. Just wanted your opinions. XD

Edited by LiK, 19 August 2010 - 04:26 PM.

63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#29 Falion

Falion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:43 PM

I think the very first Ys had the same deal where you had to talk to everyone in the town before you were allowed to progress. It's a shame that such contrived pacing devices are still used in some Japanese games, but from what I've been reading, Ys 7 gets pretty darn good after that point. Give me the code! :)

#30 Jinchuriki

Jinchuriki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 04:30 PM

Hey CheapyD hit me up for Battlefield Bad Company 2, im on it when im not playing Madden. Hope it doesnt lag when you play with some one across the pond.

PS3 version
Epileptic Gaming! Bitches
http://djwheat.tv/