Photo
- - - - -

Buy a Launch Copy of Knights In the Nightmare (PSP), Get Yggdra Union (PSP) FREE!

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Darknuke

Darknuke

Guncraft: Voxel-FPS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2010 - 05:48 PM

Posted Image

Edited by Darknuke, 08 September 2010 - 06:08 PM.

SteamWidget.PNG

#2 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 08 September 2010 - 05:57 PM

interesting, but if you buy the KitN digital copy, how are they going to cross reference that to give you the free title? Wonder if for the digital copies you must pre-order??
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#3 Darknuke

Darknuke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2010 - 05:59 PM

It says that if you buy a launch copy, whether in PSN or retail, you'll get a digital copy of the game. They probably email you a digital code for the game if you don't buy a hard copy. I think it's for pre-orders only.

SteamWidget.PNG

#4 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:04 PM

It's not preorder
All you have to do is buy the game when it's released and you get it, that's why it says on the PSN you get the free game too.

#5 thegreek

thegreek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:14 PM

Would preordering through Amazon get the free game?

#6 JSP

JSP

Return to my Roots

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:24 PM

Wow, that's really cool. I don't know anything about KitN, but I've always wanted to play Yggdra Union.
Posted Image

where scoob

#7 puresewas1de

puresewas1de

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:25 PM

I'm assuming it's for pre-ordering through Amazon. The pre-order button on the official website leads to Amazon.

#8 JSP

JSP

Return to my Roots

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:28 PM

Oh, re-reading, I see that it's a digital copy. That lowers my enthusiasm a little bit.
Posted Image

where scoob

#9 thegreek

thegreek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:28 PM

I'm assuming it's for pre-ordering through Amazon. The pre-order button on the official website leads to Amazon.

Oh, I didn't even try that:)

#10 Saablic

Saablic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:31 PM

Thanks OP. I am seriously thinking about jumping on this.

#11 Hell Monkey

Hell Monkey

Social Link MAX!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:48 PM

Wow, that's really cool. I don't know anything about KitN, but I've always wanted to play Yggdra Union.

Yeah same here. I hope it is easy to get, not a mess like that Darksiders/Red Faction deal (of which I never got my Red Faction)

#12 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:52 PM

Sold.

$30 for two games? Can't beat that.

Gotta love the aggressive stance these publishers are taking on PSP games.

Now if only all the publishers would drop the new releases from $40 to $30, we'd be set.

#13 Hell Monkey

Hell Monkey

Social Link MAX!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:55 PM

Does anyone know if you will get it when you get Knights or will it be a mail-in offer?

#14 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:58 PM

Does anyone know if you will get it when you get Knights or will it be a mail-in offer?

It says on the ad that Yggdra Union is a digital copy... you will download it right off the PSN with the voucher inside the box for Knightmare.

#15 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:07 PM

I love Atlus games. Though, I probably won't bite considering I have both games for their respective Nintendo systems and Yggdra Union comes in digital format.

#16 Hell Monkey

Hell Monkey

Social Link MAX!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:10 PM

It says on the ad that Yggdra Union is a digital copy... you will download it right off the PSN with the voucher inside the box for Knightmare.

Eww guess I'm going to have to invest in a bigger memory stick for my PSP rather then the 1GB I have now. (unless YU is under 300MB since I already have Prinny, and some other games on there)

#17 mrbomb

mrbomb

A Tasty Classic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:45 PM

Just saw this on facebook, I'm all over this game now.

I LOVE YOU ATLUS!!
Posted Image

#18 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:50 PM

I might jump on this, not really wanting a digital copy, when there are physical copies of Yggdra Union still available at retailers near me like Gamestop.

#19 Darknuke

Darknuke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:53 PM

Personally, I found KitN to be a really underwhelming game, but I can appreciate its distinct gameplay mechanics. At the time when I played it for DS, it was one of the most original games I had played for the system, especially for an RPG. Yggdra Union, on the other hand, is an awesome game and I recommend it to all you people on the fence about getting KitN.

SteamWidget.PNG

#20 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:57 PM

if Yggdra Union for the psp is the same one as the GBA verison dont see why people say its a great game...

Final boss you just keep sending your troops in till the final boss has 1 HP and then you need to use the special card for the kill...

Its a fun game up to that point but the ending is a major letdown
WOOOO I STINK

#21 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:40 PM

Launch copies should still be around when it hits $20 or less, awesome!
Posted Image

#22 Darknuke

Darknuke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:59 PM

Launch copies should still be around when it hits $20 or less, awesome!

Yeah I wonder how they judge a "launch copy" for digital downloaders. Is it gonna be day one buyers only or a set amount sold digitally will come with it?

SteamWidget.PNG

#23 Volcynika

Volcynika

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:08 PM

Eww guess I'm going to have to invest in a bigger memory stick for my PSP rather then the 1GB I have now. (unless YU is under 300MB since I already have Prinny, and some other games on there)

Yeah, I have Yggdra Union from PSN already and its size on my PSP (looking at the game info at it) is 534MB.

#24 gravel

gravel

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:18 PM

Sweet, I pre-ordered from Amazon! Thanks OP!

#25 illennium

illennium

Systems Analyst

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:34 PM

Hmm, thinking about getting this from Gamestop for $19.99 with a $10 code. I've never played an Atlus game though, so I'm not totally sure what to expect.

#26 Interfeci

Interfeci

ASSIMILATE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:38 PM

I loved KitN on the DS, but i'm not sure how well the chaos would translate to the PSP's analog nub.
PEW PEW PEW.

#27 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:47 PM

Hmm, thinking about getting this from Gamestop for $19.99 with a $10 code.

Ditto.
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#28 Volcynika

Volcynika

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:49 PM

Hmm, thinking about getting this from Gamestop for $19.99 with a $10 code. I've never played an Atlus game though, so I'm not totally sure what to expect.

Keep in mind it's not techncially an Atlus game. This game is from Sting, the same people that brought you Yggdra Union (obviously), Riviera: The Promised Land, among some other titles. You might want to see some videos, the game is a bit overwhelming the first time you see it, but I found it pretty entertaining.

#29 Darknuke

Darknuke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:50 PM

Oh man... Atlus is like the last good traditional RPG making companies (along with Nippon Ichi) and really one of the last to still support Strategy RPGs (my all-time favorite genre). I love Atlus games. I can't say they are ALL good, but there a large number of them that are, especially in the PS2 era. When I say Atlus games, I mean the ones they make and the ones they publish.

On that note, Volcynika is right. KitN is a CRAZY overwhelming game to learn at first. There are a ton of tutorials that are very helpful though so if you can get past the learning curve, you might find something you like. It wasn't my cup of tea, but like I said before, I appreciate the uniqueness and I know some people will enjoy that (I quit after around 8-10 hours of gameplay).

SteamWidget.PNG

#30 BWQ3A

BWQ3A

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:59 PM

Hmmm...might have to get the dl.
Posted Image

Posted Image