Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (9/12/10 to 9/18/10) Halo Reach Edition

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#1 limelight022

limelight022

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:14 AM

FREE $20 GC with purchase of Halo Reach+any game/accessory listed below (everything is for 360 durrrrrrr):
Spider Man Shattered Dimensions $59.99
Battlefield BC 2 Ultimate Edition $59.99
Mafia II $59.99
Red Dead Redemption $59.99
Halo 3 $29.99
Halo 3 ODST $29.99
Halo Wars $29.99

Xbox Live 12 month Gold $49.99
Xbox Live 4000 points card $49.99
Halo Wireless Controller $59.99
Halo Reach Xbox 360 bundle (250gb, 2 controllers, Halo Reach game) $399.99 (just assuming here, but since youre already buying the game with this bundle you should get the $20GC but who knows for sure).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DSi system $149.99
DSi XL system $169.99
PSP GO system $199.99 (not in ad, but a temporary price cut in store thats active right now).

$24.00
Posted ImageNew Super Mario Bros
Posted ImageMario Party DS
Posted ImageZhu Zhu Pets
Posted ImageBatman Brave and the Bold
Posted ImageSpiderman Shattered Dimensions
Posted ImageClub Penguin

$37.00

Posted ImageNew Super Mario Bros Wii
Posted ImageSuper Mario Galaxy 2
Posted ImageWii Play w/remote
Posted ImageLego Harry Potter
Posted ImageJust Dance
Posted ImageTransformers Cybertron Adventures

$47.00
Posted ImageMadden 11
Posted ImageNCAA 11
Posted ImageModern Warfare 2
Posted ImageGod of War III
Posted ImageModnation Racers
Posted ImageTiger Woods 11
Patience

Edited by limelight022, 09 September 2010 - 06:11 PM.

#2 SSJMies

SSJMies

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:22 AM

Good price for Mario Galaxy 2.

Thanks, OP.

#3 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:15 AM

Target requires the purchase of Halo Reach AND another game/accessory for a $20 gift card?

:hot:
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#4 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:22 AM

haha, deceptively fail. This is for kids to convince their parents to buy the game + something else at MSRP so they can save $20 on groceries.

...so if I buy the HALO reach console bundle I still have to buy HALO reach to get a $20 GC. words fail me.

#5 socash11

socash11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:24 AM

Patience edition? Come on, it's a weekly post not a movie sequel. Not everything needs a subtitle; the gimmick is wearing thin.

#6 abilyk

abilyk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:51 AM

Patience edition? Come on, it's a weekly post not a movie sequel. Not everything needs a subtitle; the gimmick is wearing thin.

I like the subtitles, myself. Different strokes...

#7 Organ Donor

Organ Donor

Watch his Bull Charge!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:21 AM

Nothing. Thanks for posting, OP.

#8 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2010 - 11:29 AM

A good week for those who haven't gotten some essential games for their Nintendo systems. Now I gotta get to McDonald's for that $5 coupon off Batman.

Braving the pillow gauntlet.

Posted Image

#9 Mega64

Mega64

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2010 - 01:53 PM

Wow, how underwhelming. Way to go, Target.

Love the subtitles, keep them coming.

#10 One4Deuce

One4Deuce

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:10 PM

I still haven't picked up Modnation Racers so for $47, I might grab that. Thanks.

#11 Ommin

Ommin

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:18 PM

...so if I buy the HALO reach console bundle I still have to buy HALO reach to get a $20 GC. words fail me.

I am with this. Can anyone confirm?

#12 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:29 PM

And what exactly have you contributed to the site?

If OP wants to add something to his post, he should.

----

good thing clearance is back at Target cause these deals suck.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#13 feeter277

feeter277

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:59 PM

Why bite the hand that feeds you... guy is trying to help out... why bust on him doing so... :twoguns:

#14 socash11

socash11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:23 PM

Yeah, that came across a little bit more harsh than I had intended. I should have thanked him for the info anyway.

Not that it isn't good info, and it certainly isn't his fault if Target has some shit deals this week, it just seems that he's adding some unnecessary glitz to a boring post rather than an accurate descriptor. You come into the thread thinking that "patience edition" might actually mean something only to find some crap deals, and each week the posts have these strange subtitles. If he had instead wrote "Halo Reach" or "nothing to see here" edition, that would've worked for me. Really, I don't mean to knock the guy; it's cool he gets us this info so early. Now I have Bobby Brown's "My Prerogative" stuck in my head.

#15 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:45 PM

I like the subtitles as well. Kinda funny sometimes to look how it connects with the ad. Better than looking at the deals.

#16 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:58 PM

too bad they didn't discount the Wii version of Batman: TBatB..but looks like you could get the DS version for $19.00 after the McDonald's coupon..
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#17 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:59 PM

Shamelessly stolen from SD (thanks to bkris):

Along with the Halo Reach $25 GC deal (on 9/14 and for Rewards R Us members only), in next weeks ad there's a deal for a $10 GC with the purchase of any one of the following titles, or a $50 GC with the purchase of any 2 of the following titles:

Madden NFL 11 (Xbox)
Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions (Xbox)
Mafia II (PS3)
Transformers: War for Cybertron (PS3)
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days (PS3)
Guilty Party (Wii)
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (Wii)
Scooby-Doo and the Spooky Swamp (Wii)
Just Dance (Wii)
Aragorn's Quest (Wii)

The fine print says: "Offer valid on Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii only. Games vary by system."
Deal says in-store only so dont think this will be online.

Also: Halo Xbox Controller available Tuesday on sale for $49.99

Edited by ShockandAww, 09 September 2010 - 06:39 PM.

#18 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:06 PM

Not a bad deal on Transformers and Kane/Lynch 2, if they go for $50 each by the time this is active.

#19 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:08 PM

Gah, why Wii only for LEGO HP? :[
Posted Image

#20 hendrickfan24

hendrickfan24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:10 PM

good deal but terrble games, so im gonna have to pass this one

#21 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:14 PM

Games vary by system...bleh. I'd get Transformers if it was for xbox.

#22 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:20 PM

Games vary by system...bleh. I'd get Transformers if it was for xbox.

Ok I'm dumb but does that just mean that there's different games on different systems and theyre just letting us know or does that mean you can only buy Spider-Man for Xbox (but not PS3), Mafia II for PS3 (but not Xbox) and so on to get the deal? If theyre system specific yeah thats dumb. Luckily I have all systems :)

So anyway if you happen to be buying Halo Reach and get the $25 GC for that, you could go back later and use that GC on this deal.

#23 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:24 PM

DUDE-Target I hate you! You have become such a suck bag with zero deals. The only games i every buy from target now are Clearance titles. Paid 2 bucks for a psp street fighter alpha3. Seriously a 20 dollar gift card after yo uspend over 100 dollars! TRU has the GC for just buying halo reach, as does amazon, and now becoming one of my favorites KMART-has 25 GC on Halo, PLUS 20 bucks of a list of games-including lost planet 2 and ssfIV. So kmart has my money for this game.

#24 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:25 PM

Ok I'm dumb but does that just mean that there's different games on different systems and theyre just letting us know or does that mean you can only buy Spider-Man for Xbox (but not PS3), Mafia II for PS3 (but not Xbox) and so on to get the deal? If theyre system specific yeah thats dumb. Luckily I have all systems :)

So anyway if you happen to be buying Halo Reach and get the $25 GC for that, you could go back later and use that GC on this deal.

Based on that list, it tells you what system it's for. When it says games vary by system, I'm much more inclined to think it specific to a particular system and not for all systems.

#25 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:26 PM

BTW: I love CHEAPY. This site and the posters rule. I check it often daily JFTFOI.

#26 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:32 PM

Based on that list, it tells you what system it's for. When it says games vary by system, I'm much more inclined to think it specific to a particular system and not for all systems.

Yeah I just have the system each game is pictured for in the ad in parentheses. I added the SD link to the OP which has an ad scan if anyone wants to see it.

#27 Guest_eastshore4_*

Guest_eastshore4_*

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:35 PM

man this is really tempting... I've been wanting to play mafia and transformers but there's already a few games I need to play before the rush of new games begins next month.

#28 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:39 PM

I too am much more included to think it's specific to a particular system and not all systems. Otherwise, I'll be all over Transformers for xbox and I'll figure out what else to get.

BB's halo reach preorder is $5 better. hee hee because of the RZ points. Sadly TRU rewards points have to accumulate in a certain number of days before they send you a $5 GC, but unless you're spending a lot I think they expire every month or so? BB lasting the calender year.

#29 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:39 PM

If you're in the market for Just Dance or Guilty Party, this is a fantastic deal. Spend $80, get a $50 GC.

#30 FeathersMcGraw

FeathersMcGraw

Waterfowl Mastermind

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:12 PM

I'm not convinced that the ad only applies to cross-platform games for the specific platform pictured, as I'm more inclined to believe that the ad designers didn't want to have to picture all the combinations of game/platform available.

The "Games vary by system" disclaimer sounds a lot more like either a statement that inventory may not be the same for all platforms or that the titles themselves may not be fully cross-platform across all current consoles (e.g. XBox 360 and PS3-only titles not available for Wii).

But I've been wrong about this stuff before.