Photo
- - - - -

Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep $29.99 @ Target (In-store)

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 renoBeguH

renoBeguH

stay positive.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 12:45 AM

Sale lasts from 9/12-9/25.

Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep is on TPC (Temporary Price Cut) for $29.99.

The price has been confirmed that it is not YMMV. It should be $29.99 nation-wide.

Before you try and use target.com to verify the price, keep in mind that the online prices do not match the in-store prices all the time. I have had plenty of customers (or "guests" for those familiar with Target lingo) argue with over prices/promotions of various items the site has but the stores do not (and vice-versa). The game is still listed for $39.99 on the site.

Edited by renoBeguH, 14 September 2010 - 11:44 PM.

#2 sdragon

sdragon

CAG's Top Dragon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 12:52 AM

Hot damn!

#3 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 12:55 AM

Saw it at the Targets I went to today, so just confirming it doesn't appear to be YMMV.

#4 outphase

outphase

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 12:56 AM

I have been to three Targets in the past few days. None of them had BBS in stock any more probably due to the sale.

#5 Wutang_KILLTHEM

Wutang_KILLTHEM

No More Kmart =[

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 01:06 AM

Great deal! When I went to my target yesterday I didnt even see the game and there was a price cut area with no copies, that might have been it.
Posted Image

#6 rayne117

rayne117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 01:25 AM

That is a great deal.

Exactly! We're not only cheap gamers, we're also asses.

"Good enough for me," I say; Life's too short to dwell on $5.

#7 TheGame2K5

TheGame2K5

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 01:31 AM

I actually just picked the game up today at Target because I saw this deal. I believe the tag said it was though 9/25.

#8 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 01:50 AM

wasnt this game 29.99 everyplace if you figured in the 10 buck gift card they were offering.
WOOOO I STINK

#9 gpthree

gpthree

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 02:05 AM

wasnt this game 29.99 everyplace if you figured in the 10 buck gift card they were offering.

No.

#10 Jhuntley

Jhuntley

Is not a robot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 02:12 AM

So... You're telling me I reserved this game on Amazon for full price 39.99 two day shipping months ago, but Amazon's shipping sucks so much I didn't get the game till today, when I could have gotten the game $10 cheaper on the same day I received it.
My Favorite Games of This Gen: Alan Wake series, Call of Duty series, Shadows of the Damned, Saints Row III
My Most Hated Games This Gen: Battlefield series, Uncharted series
Posted Image

#11 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 02:25 AM

I thought amazon give people a 10 buck gift code if you got this game making the game 29.99 if you figure in the code...

could of swear the game had a preorder 10 buck code
WOOOO I STINK

#12 xNightfire147x

xNightfire147x

Loser in Love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 02:25 AM

I may have to go by and take a pic of the price tag and match it at best buy since I may have possibly found what i'll use my $20 Halo gift card on. Now i'll have 2 games to take time away from doing college work XD.

#13 Trullyn

Trullyn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 02:27 AM

If anyone is purchasing this game and NOT using the Square Enix code that comes with it, let me know and maybe we can work something out :).

#14 Volcynika

Volcynika

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 02:35 AM

I thought amazon give people a 10 buck gift code if you got this game making the game 29.99 if you figure in the code...

could of swear the game had a preorder 10 buck code

They did. I got mine and used it.

#15 Wutang_KILLTHEM

Wutang_KILLTHEM

No More Kmart =[

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 02:39 AM

If anyone is purchasing this game and NOT using the Square Enix code that comes with it, let me know and maybe we can work something out :).

What does the code do?
Posted Image

#16 Trullyn

Trullyn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 02:50 AM

What does the code do?

It's Square Enix's incentive to purchase new games rather than buy used. See this thread for info....

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=270707

#17 kk012

kk012

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 03:00 AM

I saw this TPC price for KH: Birth By Sleep at a local Target (SF Bay Area), which actually had it in stock.

I pre-ordered this on Amazon with FSSS and it is finally shipping.

#18 bryan78

bryan78

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 03:01 AM

So... You're telling me I reserved this game on Amazon for full price 39.99 two day shipping months ago, but Amazon's shipping sucks so much I didn't get the game till today, when I could have gotten the game $10 cheaper on the same day I received it.

I got my copy from Amazon today as well, for some reason, it took a little bit longer to receive it since I usually get pre-ordered games from Amazon a couple of days after the release date. But, I was disappointed when I saw that it didn't come with the slipcover or the decals. After I heard that the decals were inside the case (I haven't opened it yet so I'm not sure) and the slipcovers came with copies at Target and Wal-Mart, not the Amazon ones, I rushed out to Target because I remembered seeing them there on release day. I was glad that they had 3 copies left, with the slipcovers, so I got one and they were on sale for $29.99. I will keep the cover and return the game tomorrow to Target, I really needed that slipcover, it is really cool and has different artwork than the regular cover. 8-)

#19 kk012

kk012

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 03:09 AM

I got my copy from Amazon today as well, for some reason, it took a little bit longer to receive it since I usually get pre-ordered games from Amazon a couple of days after the release date. But, I was disappointed when I saw that it didn't come with the slipcover or the decals. After I heard that the decals were inside the case (I haven't opened it yet so I'm not sure) and the slipcovers came with copies at Target and Wal-Mart, not the Amazon ones, I rushed out to Target because I remembered seeing them there on release day. I was glad that they had 3 copies left, with the slipcovers, so I got one and they were on sale for $29.99. I will keep the cover and return the game tomorrow to Target, I really needed that slipcover, it is really cool and has different artwork than the regular cover. 8-)

There are no slipcovers on the ones Amazon shipped out :cry: I actually like it when games have slipcovers.

#20 lolwhat

lolwhat

Posted 14 September 2010 - 03:21 AM

Is the narrative something that plays a big roll into the enjoyment of KH? I want another good PSP game but I didn't play the PS2 games.

#21 take5giantsteps

take5giantsteps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 03:37 AM

Is the narrative something that plays a big roll into the enjoyment of KH? I want another good PSP game but I didn't play the PS2 games.

The story is the biggest thing for me. Even though this is a prequel, there are a lot of moments that are huge in relation to the later games that you may not realize if you haven't played KH1 and 2.

It's still fun though. You just may miss some of the universe of KH.

#22 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:43 AM

Yes, the decals are in the case.
Posted Image

#23 rainking187

rainking187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:09 AM

I guess that explains why all the Targets in the area were sold out. Had to get it at Walmart because I wanted the slipcover.

#24 packt

packt

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:19 AM

Does anyone know if the best buys one come with a slipcover?

#25 rayne117

rayne117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:22 AM

What is a slipcover?

Exactly! We're not only cheap gamers, we're also asses.

"Good enough for me," I say; Life's too short to dwell on $5.

#26 Jhuntley

Jhuntley

Is not a robot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:21 AM

Sometimes I don't even know what's going on and I've beaten all the games in the series so far.
My Favorite Games of This Gen: Alan Wake series, Call of Duty series, Shadows of the Damned, Saints Row III
My Most Hated Games This Gen: Battlefield series, Uncharted series
Posted Image

#27 Soujiro_Seta

Soujiro_Seta

Restless Soul

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:26 AM

Sometimes I don't even know what's going on and I've beaten all the games in the series so far.

You and me both. I'm kinda beginning to hate these spin off games. I just want them to make KH3 already. I was gonna hold off on Birth by Sleep but for $30 I'm gonna try to pick it up. Thanks OP

#28 sephiroth61787

sephiroth61787

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 12:09 PM

It comes with a slipcover? Anyone have a picture of it? All the copies I saw at Best Buy did not have one...

#29 rainking187

rainking187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 12:31 PM

It comes with a slipcover? Anyone have a picture of it? All the copies I saw at Best Buy did not have one...

You can see what it looks like in this unboxing video.
(Not my video.)

#30 shadowcat2576

shadowcat2576

Posted 14 September 2010 - 01:43 PM

I was going to wait on this, but couldn't resist the price when I went Sunday to pick up Professor Layton (which they didn't have). Now I just have to get around to actually beating all my KH games.