5 Centimeters Per Second ReRelease-- $17.49 w/ Shipping

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Ecofreak

Ecofreak

That's Ah Bingo!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2010 - 10:03 PM

5 Centimeters Per Second is finally getting a re-release from Bandai, for $17.49 before shipping, and will be released on October 8, 2010.

I'm a HUGE fan of Makoto Shinkai, who also did "Hoshi no Koe" (Voices of a Distant Star).

My order ended up being ~$20.50 w/ shipping.

Enjoy!

Edited by Ecofreak, 19 September 2010 - 09:23 PM.
Adding release date.

[thread=49233]Trade List[/thread]

#2 optimusprime8062

optimusprime8062

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2010 - 04:13 AM

I sold my copy for $120 about 4 months ago...kind of a bummer for the person I sold it to. Maybe the original release will still hold some value? (...no)

#3 Arakias

Arakias

Inferior Potassium

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2010 - 04:27 AM

thanks for this info, i've been curious about this movie for a while.

#4 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2010 - 04:34 AM

And off to Ebay I go to sell my copy
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#5 Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane

Dr. StrangeCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2010 - 02:35 PM

I would sell mine but it mentions a new english audio track and i liked the voice actors of the current dub....
Dr. Strange CAG- Or how I learned to stop worrying and love cheap stuff.

Posted Image
Christianity: The belief that a Jewish cosmic zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit from a magical tree.

#6 Nesmaster75

Nesmaster75

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2010 - 04:35 PM

I still have my 2 copies of the original release (one I bought by myself, and one that was given to me as a gift). I love 5 Centimeters Per Second so SO much though! I'm not a BIG anime fan, but this film (or three episodes) really get me haha. This is also the movie I introduce to people who say they'll never watch anything anime... Thanks for the info OP! Maybe I'll buy this one too!
Posted Image

The O.C Re-runs on Soapnet
Remember The Black Donnellys? How about Saved?

#7 billyrox

billyrox

Posted 18 September 2010 - 08:25 PM

will the value of the original go down now? should i sell my copy?

#8 Razzuel

Razzuel

People are idiots.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2010 - 08:28 PM

I would sell mine but it mentions a new english audio track and i liked the voice actors of the current dub....

Exactly. I don't think you guys should be so quick to sell your original copies. The original release had an English dub by ADV, and this new release has the new English dub by Bang Zoom.

#9 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2010 - 11:23 PM

Exactly. I don't think you guys should be so quick to sell your original copies. The original release had an English dub by ADV, and this new release has the new English dub by Bang Zoom.

I just watched my original copy-- turns out it wasn't sealed-- and what a beautiful movie. I thought the English cast did a great job, so I am a little leary on selling it, but then again I don't know if I would have the need to watch it again.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#10 ChibiJosh

ChibiJosh

Posted 19 September 2010 - 12:29 AM

Ordered.
Posted Image
Games Completed '08 (32) - '09 (43) - '10 (48) - '11 (43) -'12 (15)
PS3 Trophy card:
Spoiler

#11 killa5k7

killa5k7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2010 - 01:08 AM

Would you believe that I have been given all of Makoto Shinkai's dvd's...my friend always lets me borrow them and he rebuys them and just says to keep them. I have yet to watch 5 Centimeters Per Second, so I am officially gonna give this a go now...

#12 WuTangTurtle

WuTangTurtle

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2010 - 02:30 AM

Thanks alot Ecofreak, I just ordered it. Downloaded it once and wanted to buy it but could not find it for a sane price and then it was completely out of stock everywhere and it shot up even higher.

#13 Grico

Grico

Comics + Anime

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2010 - 03:01 AM

I pre-ordered my copy already. I had the ADV version quite a while ago and sold it when it sounded like a new release was coming that never actually. So I happy I will be able to replace it now. Can't remember if I watched it in Japanese or English the 1st time, but I've got no problem with watching it in Japanese now (I'm watching almost everything in Japanese now anyway.)

#14 dafunkk12

dafunkk12

Coconut Monkey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2010 - 03:34 AM

Awesome that it's getting re-released! Still, I'm holding out for a BluRay. Almost certain another region had a BluRay release when this was first released.
Posted Image
|Inspection 12 -- The Best Band You'll Never Hear|
My Game Collection (not at all complete and hardly updated)

#15 Rage Goblin

Rage Goblin

The Hardest of Core

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2010 - 12:31 PM

Huh. This movie had value?

Been sitting on my shelf forever after I watched it once and thought it was okay.

Voices of a Distant Star was way better.

#16 G-Nitro

G-Nitro

TheOtakuGamer.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2010 - 01:04 PM

Nice find OP, I picked it up. Came out to barely over $19 for me.

G-Nitro.com is my blog about Gaming, K-Pop, Anime and more!
Follow me on Twitter
XBL: GNitro MWS Steam: G-Nitro PSN: G-Nitro (Message me with who you are or I will probably ignore)

#17 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2010 - 03:03 PM

Shame they're not bringing it over here on Blu-ray. The Shinkai stuff is amazing in HD.

538822.png

#18 Ecofreak

Ecofreak

That's Ah Bingo!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2010 - 09:13 PM

Thanks alot Ecofreak, I just ordered it. Downloaded it once and wanted to buy it but could not find it for a sane price and then it was completely out of stock everywhere and it shot up even higher.

Glad that a good number of people are interested. :)

I saw it at a local video store for $30 and balked at the price. I regretted not buying it when I saw a new copy was going for $130+ ~1 year ago.

#19 billyrox

billyrox

Posted 19 September 2010 - 11:31 PM

so will my original hold its value or likely drop? Cuz i might sell it now if its likely

#20 Grico

Grico

Comics + Anime

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:03 AM

so will my original hold its value or likely drop? Cuz i might sell it now if its likely

I think the value will drop like a rock, that is the usual pattern with anime reprints. I'd sell.

#21 G-Nitro

G-Nitro

TheOtakuGamer.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:45 AM

Like others have said, if you care about the original English dub, hold on to it. If you are like me and only watch subs, then sell now and get the newer version.

G-Nitro.com is my blog about Gaming, K-Pop, Anime and more!
Follow me on Twitter
XBL: GNitro MWS Steam: G-Nitro PSN: G-Nitro (Message me with who you are or I will probably ignore)

#22 Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane

Dr. StrangeCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:01 PM

The price may rebound slightly depending on the quality of the dub, if it sucks on the new version people will look for the orgional
Dr. Strange CAG- Or how I learned to stop worrying and love cheap stuff.

Posted Image
Christianity: The belief that a Jewish cosmic zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit from a magical tree.

#23 darkslime

darkslime

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2010 - 01:49 AM

Good thing I sold my copy for like $70 last year.

#24 Rave Child

Rave Child

Castanets!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2010 - 04:12 AM

Best. Movie. Evar.

Or at least close to it. That being said, I've already sold my copy and would rather hold out in hopes of an eventual blu ray release than buy this dvd re-release. Thanks for the info though, OP!
My Guide Trade List

Follow me on Twitter!

I am looking for the following items and will pay good money for them:
Suikoden II jewel case and manual:hot::hot::hot::hot:

Posted Image

#25 victant

victant

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2010 - 05:24 AM

I'm glad this title is getting the re-release. You can't even rent it most places anymore! At least now the great unwashed can enjoy it, too....

#26 mythus

mythus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2010 - 07:02 AM

the place promised in our early days and voices of a distant stars were much much better movies imo. I honestly didn't want it till maybe a shinkai bluray set would of been released. These dvds can not define the environmental art made for these movies. As animated movies come, Hosoda known for summer wars and the girl who leapt through time has been my superior recommendable.

#27 Arakias

Arakias

Inferior Potassium

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:38 AM

The site now says "5 Centimeters Per Second [Release date TBA] / Stock Status:(Out of Stock) "

Anyone have further info?

#28 Grico

Grico

Comics + Anime

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2010 - 02:57 AM

The site now says "5 Centimeters Per Second [Release date TBA] / Stock Status:(Out of Stock) "

Anyone have further info?

My order says "processing" but since this is the 1st time I have ordered from them I don't know what that means. Since it is the first release by Crunchyroll a delay certainly seems possible although I hope it won't be a long one.

#29 Ecofreak

Ecofreak

That's Ah Bingo!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:15 PM

Bump because it's released today, but out of stock. So keep an eye out if you're interested -- and the price hasn't gone up either!

#30 Arakias

Arakias

Inferior Potassium

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:23 PM

but was yours shipped? Or is it Release Date TBA?