36 replies to this topic

#1 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:59 PM

Door Crasher: Oct. 8-10 ONLY

360 Arcade (NOT Slim) $99.99
360 Controller $39.99

Rest of the deals:

GTA4, Splinter Cell Conviction, Assassin's Creed 2 $19.99 each (PS3/360)
Kane & Lynch 2, FFXIII, Trauma Team, Bioshock 2, 3D Dot Game Heroes $29.99 each
Madden 11, NHL 11 $59.99 each
RDR with Legends and Killers DLC $59.99
800 Reward Zone points for pre-orders (Fallout, SW Force Unleashed 2, Fable III)

Wii with Speed $209.99
DSi XL with Picross 3D $169.99
PS3 Greatest Hits 2 for $40
CoD MW2, Transformers WfC, God of War III $39.99 each

Edited by Lone_Prodigy, 07 October 2010 - 05:52 AM.

#2 SuperbadPinoy

SuperbadPinoy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2010 - 12:14 AM

one I can't tell $29.99
RDR with something free $59.99

Eh? Please elaborate

#3 game_fanatic

game_fanatic

I Heart Ribs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2010 - 01:08 AM

Eh? Please elaborate

Don't you think if he could have elaborated he would have?

edit: upon further review, it looks like the 'free' item w/ RDR is a voucher for the 'Legends and Killers' DLC, and the other game for $29.99 is 3D Dot Game Heroes.

edit2: just stumbled across the scan on RFD, and noticed directly below Lone's post is QQQ with the correct info as well, just wanted to clarify I didn't take that information and post it as my own, I was able to figure it out for myself :D

Edited by game_fanatic, 07 October 2010 - 02:00 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Looking for Trade-in Values?

#4 kyle071785

kyle071785

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2010 - 02:29 AM

i think i'm going to grab Transformers and GoW3. My $20 in reward zone points will help out as well. I doubt we'll ever see GoW3 cheaper than $40 until it becomes a greatest hit title
:360: = Pure1nvasion

:whee:
Posted Image

#5 Derfel

Derfel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2010 - 02:53 AM

i think i'm going to grab Transformers and GoW3. My $20 in reward zone points will help out as well. I doubt we'll ever see GoW3 cheaper than $40 until it becomes a greatest hit title

When FS had GoW3 and Uncharted 2 on sale for $60 together, I PM'ed it at Best Buy for $56... sweet deal. I have seen GoW3 for 29.99 before as well, though it was rare.

#6 SuperbadPinoy

SuperbadPinoy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2010 - 02:58 AM

Don't you think if he could have elaborated he would have?

edit: upon further review, it looks like the 'free' item w/ RDR is a voucher for the 'Legends and Killers' DLC, and the other game for $29.99 is 3D Dot Game Heroes.

edit2: just stumbled across the scan on RFD, and noticed directly below Lone's post is QQQ with the correct info as well, just wanted to clarify I didn't take that information and post it as my own, I was able to figure it out for myself :D

Ah my mistake. What I meant about the elaboration is that I wasn't sure what he meant by the "one I can't tell" part.

I guess the "with something free" part was just curiosity speaking for itself. Haha my bad.

Thanks for all the info though, from you and the OP. Much appreciated :D

#7 denpanosekai

denpanosekai

Posted 07 October 2010 - 03:13 AM

Pretty lame 360 controller "door crasher"

if this was a preorder for the new D-pad controller then sure... whatever BB. some birthday party you're having!!!

#8 thegamecubist

thegamecubist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:52 AM

360 console deal so very tempting!
Posted Image

#9 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:53 AM

Updated, thanks. The scan isn't the greatest in quality.

#10 PuppetYuber

PuppetYuber

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:16 AM

How I wish Transformer was $30, heard so many good things about that game

#11 sharkie88

sharkie88

Posted 07 October 2010 - 12:15 PM

Does the 2 for $40 Greatest Hits only apply to certain titles or all GHs? I'm wondering if it applies to the newly announced Greatest Hits...

#12 Princess Zelda

Princess Zelda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2010 - 02:09 PM

Does the 2 for $40 Greatest Hits only apply to certain titles or all GHs? I'm wondering if it applies to the newly announced Greatest Hits...

shows MAG, Rachet: A Crack in Time, Uncharted, Killzone 2, LBP, GT5:P, GOW collection and inFamous.
Posted Image

#13 TripleQ

TripleQ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:43 PM

If people are worried about red cases.. the Crack in Time I got from amazon.ca is the original case/art, but with a red sticker across the top *outside* the cellowrap saying "greatest hits". Never saw anything like that before.

#14 retro.elite

retro.elite

Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:46 PM

RDR with Legends and Killers DLC $59.99

I really want to pick RDR up. But I think i'll wait until Rockstar package all the DLC together.

Posted Image

#15 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:44 PM

If people are worried about red cases.. the Crack in Time I got from amazon.ca is the original case/art, but with a red sticker across the top *outside* the cellowrap saying "greatest hits". Never saw anything like that before.

I've seen that at Walmart when a game first becomes a GH. They just put a sticker on the outside on all the old stock until they get the red cased new stock.

#16 PapaLau

PapaLau

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2010 - 08:04 PM

It's not stated, but I'm guessing the 29.99 Games are both PS3 and 360?
Seems like a great price point to finally pick up FFXIII for PS3

#17 Cthulhu8u

Cthulhu8u

That Innsmouth look

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2010 - 12:11 AM

Back in the day the PSP Greatest Hits games were repackaged black labels with the red GH label cellophaned on the outside. I guess Sony is getting more creative with stickers ^_^

Posted Image

#18 poiuiu

poiuiu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2010 - 01:21 AM

Eh, red stickers over black label games isn't really anything new. Sony did that with PS2 games for as long as I can remember the system was in circulation and I still see copies of Shadows of the Colossus with either a red sticker on it or rewrapped with a second insert that has the red label at HMVs/Walmarts/etc.

#19 MrGone

MrGone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2010 - 05:02 AM

Wow, I take it that Arcade at $100 is a YMMV thing? It's not even on their website anymore :-P With a dead, out-of-warranty ex-box on my desktop, I'm very tempted to blow a tank of gas on this.

#20 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2010 - 05:55 AM

I got this on LittleBigPlanet PSP. I was pretty surprised.

#21 kyle071785

kyle071785

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:14 AM

a little side question about BB...

anyone not have their reward zone points properly paid out at the 36 day mark as they should? I have around $15 sitting in limbo waiting to be paid out and its currently been 44 days since I made the purchase. I contacted the BB Reward Zone people 2 days ago and still nothing (which is typical as they say you'll get an answer in 24 hours). Just a little aggravating as I wanted to pick up a few things today and looks like I'll have to wait on them for a while more
:360: = Pure1nvasion

:whee:
Posted Image

#22 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 08 October 2010 - 03:56 PM

Wow, I take it that Arcade at $100 is a YMMV thing? It's not even on their website anymore :-P With a dead, out-of-warranty ex-box on my desktop, I'm very tempted to blow a tank of gas on this.

http://www.bestbuy.c...rcadeconsole-en

#23 cswloo

cswloo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2010 - 06:19 PM

a little side question about BB...

anyone not have their reward zone points properly paid out at the 36 day mark as they should? I have around $15 sitting in limbo waiting to be paid out and its currently been 44 days since I made the purchase. I contacted the BB Reward Zone people 2 days ago and still nothing (which is typical as they say you'll get an answer in 24 hours). Just a little aggravating as I wanted to pick up a few things today and looks like I'll have to wait on them for a while more

I've been having issues with the points even getting added to my account recently. I emailed them about my points for Halo Reach and the 800 bonus points for having preordered, and all they asked for was the number off the purchase receipt and they added the points. Somewhere along the line they screwed up though, as the points got added under 'Goodwill', and then the actual purchase showed up with the points as well. Bonus for me.

But, I've picked up a couple of movies and things and none of the points for those have showed up either. I'll probably end up trying to 'Get Missing Points' on the site, or emailing them again. Seems rather stupid to use the card, and then have to manually do everything anyway. They must be updating their system or something again :S.
Posted Image

#24 lustyhitter

lustyhitter

Video gaming since 1978

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:22 PM

The $99.99 360 Arcade is a definite at the Merivale Road Best Buy. I saw two guys buying one this morning.

brighat2007.png

#25 MrGone

MrGone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2010 - 11:27 PM

http://www.bestbuy.c...rcadeconsole-en

Oh, snap! I'd just searched for "arcade" and missed the "view all results" link :-P. Thanks for that, saved me a trip!

#26 foxmcloud

foxmcloud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2010 - 11:48 PM

Thanks!
bought an arcade great replacement for my RROD launch Pro
already softmodded!

#27 wesdw369

wesdw369

Pirate King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2010 - 12:36 AM

stickers also happened with gamecube games, lucky me im not picky since i dont trade or sell my games unless its a second copy. damn sweet price for an arcade if i hadnt already convinced the wife to let me upgrade to a slim in a few months id be jumping all over that since my disc drive is getting louder every week just get a buddy who lives in canada to ship it for me. lucky canadians getting a sweet deal
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#28 craig64

craig64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2010 - 03:17 PM

According to the website they've got the new Alice in Wonderland on DVD for $6.99 as well. Pretty darn cheap considering it's only a few months old.

#29 Renderthal

Renderthal

Posted 09 October 2010 - 08:14 PM

Just to point this out but the GTA is not GTA4, but is GTA: Episodes from Liberty City. According to the BB site GTA4 is $19.99 regular price.

#30 Mr.

Mr.

Posted 09 October 2010 - 09:21 PM

I didn't plan on getting Castlevania Lord of Shadows, at least not until it hit $20. It's a 3D Castlevania game from Western developers, I had a lot of doubt. When Konami attached Kojima Productions to the title, it got me mildly interested. Now that I've waited for the reviews, I still wasn't completely sold, at least until a sale.

Anyways, I was at EB today and saw that Splinter Cell Conviction is a Most Wanted for $30 TIV. I went across the street to Best Buy, picked up Conviction for $20 and then used it for a Power Trade towards Castlevania Lord of Shadows. I hate how EB charges $64.99 for Castlevania when it's $59.99 elsewhere. But I spent $40 for Castlevania so it's pretty decent for a new game with some good reviews. The Power Trade ends on Sunday, but there are other Power Trades like Vanquish, DJ Hero 2, Sims 3, WWE 2011, Forced Unleashed 2. NBA2K11 and NBA Jam Wii are also Power Trades that ends on 10/10.