CAGcast #215: Opposing Forzzzz

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:20 AM

Enslaved, Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock, Dead Rising 2 and a whole lot of Zs invade this week's show. We've also got the latest game shopping and industry news, your CAGbag and Twitter questions and so much more!

Download - 82 minutes, 49MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Support the CAGcast with these GoDaddy coupon codes:
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$7.49 domain = CAGDOMAIN

Posted Image

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Edited by CheapyD, 07 October 2010 - 05:59 AM.

#2 TheAggroCraig

TheAggroCraig

Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:59 AM

The Zs confuse and infuriate me

Posted Image

(Ex: Buy/Half/DeepDiscount/Gamestop.com/etc)

#3 Chrisness

Chrisness

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:26 AM

I liked Kotaku's old review format more than this new one.

If there's no score that I can scroll to the bottom and look at, at least give me bullet points I can scroll to the bottom and read.

Edited by Mahoney07, 07 October 2010 - 07:10 AM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I play Halo 3, Rainbow Six, SSBB, Carcassonne, Worms, others online. PM me to play SSBB, send friend request to play Xbox Live.

#4 PacManster17

PacManster17

Nonstop gaming marathons!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:30 AM

Alright! Downloading now while watching PPV!
Posted Image

Spoiler

#5 drew327

drew327

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:46 AM

I agree with your opinion on Kotaku's review change. I read the Enslaved one, it didn't really say anything

#6 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2010 - 09:39 AM

Great Show! zzzzzzzzz hope you fix it, lol ;) oh mannnnnnnnnnzzzzzzz
and yeah i dislike the new kotaku reviews also, i can't tell if it's a good game as quickly by just telling if there are more green paragraphs then red... i dont like to read without colors...

#7 DrMunkee

DrMunkee

Logical AND dreamy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2010 - 01:49 PM

Thanks for the charity team plug!

I'd like to add that we have TONS of video games and swag up for raffle.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

#8 H4Y4TO

H4Y4TO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2010 - 02:43 PM

Great show!

I would have to disagree with Wombat, on the MOH changing the name. Multiplayer is what FPS games are about! I get FPS games for the multiplayer and I rarely touch the singleplayer. I may play the singleplayer here and there, but for the majority I stick with the multiplayer (on FPS games). Changing the name gives this game a unrealistic feel w/ multiplayer. I think EA should of held there ground and not change it.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2010 - 03:00 PM

Haha Shippy, loved the Kotaku criticism for their recent reviews. Annoyed Shipwreck ftw.

Cheapy: "Oh no, more Z's!" LoL

Edited by LiK, 07 October 2010 - 03:38 PM.

63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#10 ShinAkumA21

ShinAkumA21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2010 - 03:20 PM

boatcrash story of Jordan getting injure within the first few second had me LOL

#11 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2010 - 03:30 PM

Great show! I loved listening to the whole Kotaku thing and the stuff about Wombat playing Dead Space Extraction for Move.

#12 The Great BM

The Great BM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2010 - 03:52 PM

Maybe I'm misinterpreting Ship's opinion, but I'm not sure why the Kotaku review of NBA 2K11 is so terrible. Granted, it's not the most original review of a game, but I don't see anything wrong with saying a sports game is only for those who like the sport. Look at the other 2 basketball games out now. I know people who don't really care for basketball, but loved playing NBA Jam, and judging from what was mentioned on the show, it looks like NBA Elite is bad enough that it wouldn't be appealing to fans of the sport. Am I missing something?

Posted Image

#13 RanchLizard

RanchLizard

Need more time for games!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2010 - 04:55 PM

I don't like the letter "Z". I never have and I don't think I ever will. Should I listen to this podcast?

#14 Dr Killotron

Dr Killotron

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:33 PM

I love the idea of Haiku reviews! DO IT!!

Dead Rising 2:
Made a lightsword
A thousand zombie deaths
That effing timer

#15 ChernobylCow

ChernobylCow

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:14 PM

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

#16 RanchLizard

RanchLizard

Need more time for games!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:12 PM

I love the idea of Haiku reviews! DO IT!!

Dead Rising 2:
Made a lightsword
A thousand zombie deaths
That effing timer

Syllable fail

#17 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:26 PM

definetly one of the less annoying shows (last few shows have been loaded with whining from wombat and cheapyd) and its good to see shipwrecks personality program finaly kicking in hes been more human of late which is good and he still manages to bring the hard facts and info. and i was even more surprised that he knew there was a difference between rap and hip hop since most folks just lump it into one group. big ups to ohio gingers representing!!!!!

#18 Dr Killotron

Dr Killotron

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:31 PM

Syllable fail

The cat suns in moonlight
And I do as I please
You haiku nazi

#19 Truk Treadwell

Truk Treadwell

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:48 PM

I laughed my ass off with this cagcast's Iron Eagle intro and take out. I probably watched that film at one point in my life but don't remember a thing about it. I'm still chuckling and going to have to now figure out a way to watch it. Bravo Cheapy Bravo.

#20 Matedawg11

Matedawg11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2010 - 08:26 PM

Please dont change your review system...I really dont like the new idea and it doesnt seem like it serves much function...

ach.png

#21 repete

repete

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2010 - 10:23 PM

great job guys
Posted ImagePosted Image

#22 bickle

bickle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2010 - 11:00 PM

Ehhhh you might want to rethink your criticism of Kotaku's new review style. Give a listen to the Spider-man review on the previous Cagcast. "If you like Spider-man and you like videogames, it combines those two very well." Sounds just like the Kotaku format...

#23 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 07 October 2010 - 11:27 PM

sweet a new cagcast
awesome
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#24 Sashka

Sashka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2010 - 12:42 AM

Do I really have to be the one who has to say this?

Big AZZZZZZZZZZZZ CHAINZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

Cheapy, I just love the way you say that phrase..please do it every show, it's the combination of your voice plus emphasis on the endings of the words...IT'S GREAT! DO IT EVERY SHOW, PLEASE! I'll pay 2 cents...

#25 CXK

CXK

KillerInstinctOnline.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2010 - 12:57 AM

Great show, I do think it needs moar z's.

kinav.gif
www.killerinstinctonline.net  -  The best Killer Instinct site!

#26 yobak3r

yobak3r

Posted 08 October 2010 - 01:20 AM

Pretty good show. I liked the Medal of Honor discussion... except for Wombat. It kind of seems like he disagrees a lot just for the sake of being different. I know you need opposing views (or forces) in order to have a decent discussion, but it doesn't work when one side is always bringing up bullshit arguments, and pulling false facts out of the air.
Also, why does Wombat have to always jump at the chance to insult Cheapy by calling him racist? Is he aware that some people might actually take him seriously? It's obvious that this annoys Cheapy, yet he does it anyway, because he thinks it's funny when it's not.
Anyway, great job Shipwreck, mediocre job Cheapy, and annoying job Wombat.

#27 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 08 October 2010 - 01:34 AM

Posted Image

#28 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2010 - 01:59 AM

Cheapy, bought a new keyboard yet? LOL
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#29 MIGGO

MIGGO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2010 - 02:26 AM

Pretty good show. I liked the Medal of Honor discussion... except for Wombat. It kind of seems like he disagrees a lot just for the sake of being different. I know you need opposing views (or forces) in order to have a decent discussion, but it doesn't work when one side is always bringing up bullshit arguments, and pulling false facts out of the air.
Also, why does Wombat have to always jump at the chance to insult Cheapy by calling him racist? Is he aware that some people might actually take him seriously? It's obvious that this annoys Cheapy, yet he does it anyway, because he thinks it's funny when it's not.
Anyway, great job Shipwreck, mediocre job Cheapy, and annoying job Wombat.

Wombat's take on Medal of Honor was spot-on. EA changed the name to distance themselves from the controversy and to appease the nay-sayers. Also, the "racist" quip stems from a past controversy from an old podcast.

Lighten up, Francis.

Guys, I'm surprised that all three of you went with Castlevania over Enslaved without much thought. To me, it seems that the Castlevania brand might not be as strong as it used to be, ESPECIALLY a 3D version.

#30 Fluffy

Fluffy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2010 - 02:38 AM

You need to think more broadly on your reviews. Three word bullets are one verb too many. NOUN ADJECTIVE only! "Graphic Good", "Sound Bad" and for the volleyball games, "Titties Big". And your scale needs to be from 1 to Pi. Tell Metacritic to suck it!

Edited by Fluffy, 08 October 2010 - 03:43 AM.