Photo
- - - - -

[Canada] Zellers: DS Lite $89.99, DSi $99.99, DSi XL $119.99 (Oct. 15-21)

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 11 October 2010 - 06:25 PM

http://img412.images...img0629edit.jpg

Starts this Friday.

Pretty awesome price. Of course the 3DS is coming in March but for one of those you can buy about 3 DS Lites. :D

PM for even less.

EDIT: DSL price is an error.

Edited by Lone_Prodigy, 14 October 2010 - 10:54 PM.

#2 gsrce

gsrce

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2010 - 06:45 PM

http://img412.images...img0629edit.jpg

Starts this Friday.

Pretty awesome price. Of course the 3DS is coming in March but for one of those you can buy about 4 DS Lites. :D

PM for even less.

I almost want to buy an extra DSL to have as a backup for GBA games.

Or I could sell my Zelda edition for $100+ and then buy two new DSL's at that price, lol.

#3 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2010 - 07:36 PM

This is pretty hot, better get there early though :razz:
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#4 game_fanatic

game_fanatic

I Heart Ribs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2010 - 07:37 PM

Wow, sold a million times over. Now the question is, do I get the DSL or the DSi?? I have a handful of GBA games, but I do have a GB Micro as well. I'd also snag one for my mom for Christmas (at this price, why not??)

I might buy both at Future Shop mid-week then go back for price protection on the Friday. If they refuse, I'll just return them and be out just my time lol.

If we're lucky, maybe BB/FS will drop the prices to match to avoid any extra savings through PMing.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Looking for Trade-in Values?

#5 Bamm

Bamm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:35 PM

Wow, this is a smoking hot deal for me. I was about to head out and pick up a DSi XL tomorrow for myself from EB. Guess I'll be waiting until Friday to head to Zeller's now. Thanks Lone_Prodigy

#6 VetraX

VetraX

In-game moralist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2010 - 11:28 PM

I already have a DS Lite, but I'm extremely tempted to get a DSi now.

The 3DS is rumoured to be going for $250 around the time it launches in North America - that's taking into account that they'll lower the price for the west, as of right now the conversion rate for what they're gonna sell the 3DS for in Japan will be around $300 USD. Don't think I'll be getting that - IMO handhelds weren't meant to mimic their big brother consoles.

#7 silverbullet1080

silverbullet1080

Posted 11 October 2010 - 11:34 PM

Holy crap, by current Lite works, but the hinge is screwed up beyond belief, this is the perfect deal.

#8 cashinstinct

cashinstinct

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2010 - 11:52 PM

Great deal.

No need, no buy... (was not easy!)

Trade your ds lite for kinect at EB ($30 + $50 bonus =$80 eb value)

#9 INTVGene

INTVGene

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2010 - 12:38 AM

This is a great deal... I've got friends' with busted buttons, hinges, etc. and I forwarded it on to them.. my DS is still fine right now.

#10 game_fanatic

game_fanatic

I Heart Ribs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2010 - 02:55 AM

Might be worth thanking 'maytricks' over at RFD for spotting the deal, if that's where Lone received the information from.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:15 AM

Jeez, I would get a blue Lite if I thought I could actually score one at this price. Won't they get cleared out immediately?

#12 helluvagood

helluvagood

HURRICANE VENUS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:17 AM

Good deal for those into handhelds, but I feel like I'm too old for them.. even though I'm 19. I'd rather be playing something else on my pc or xbox if I had the time. Or browsing the internet/doing stuff on my phone when I'm on the go.
Posted Image

#13 Clark.Griswold

Clark.Griswold

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2010 - 04:02 PM

Good deal for those into handhelds, but I feel like I'm too old for them.. even though I'm 19. I'd rather be playing something else on my pc or xbox if I had the time. Or browsing the internet/doing stuff on my phone when I'm on the go.

I'm in my early 30's and have a DS and PSP. You are never "too old" for anything. :)
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... -Einstein

#14 WillGabriel

WillGabriel

The One And Only

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2010 - 04:10 PM

I'm in my early 30's and have a DS and PSP. You are never "too old" for anything. :)

On the contrary, you can be too old for something... but you grow out of it eventually. :-P

#15 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:56 PM

You can buy it now and price-protect, or price match.

And of course I get everything from RFD. :D

#16 Mr.

Mr.

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:50 AM

Does Zellers have that bundle with Mario & Luigi: Bowser's?

#17 kgroat

kgroat

In the end? Nothing ends

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2010 - 04:04 AM

I think I might swing by Zellers on Friday and see if anything is left. I hope not:lol:
Posted Image

#18 Mattblasto

Mattblasto

Posted 13 October 2010 - 05:27 AM

Bummer. I just bought a DS Lite in March for $120. This news breaks my heart :(

#19 Faytz

Faytz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2010 - 05:43 AM

*CORRECTION NOTICE
Save $50 Your choice DS, Dsi, or Dsi XL system
The Reg and sale price of the offer is incorrect. It should read: Reg. $139.99 -$169.99 Save $50 Sale $89.99-$119.99 instead of Reg. $109.99-$169.99 Save $50 Sale $59.99-$119.99 as advertised.

on the flyer online I think. (friend pointed out to me just now).

#20 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2010 - 05:46 AM

Ah, so the Lite is $90 huh? Not so hot any more for me but still a good deal.

#21 ichit4k4_set0

ichit4k4_set0

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:24 PM

now cold.
Posted Image

#22 Nukkus

Nukkus

What is this I don't even

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2010 - 01:14 PM

$119 for an XL is HOT!

#23 game_fanatic

game_fanatic

I Heart Ribs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2010 - 01:43 PM

$89.99 for a DSL is still the cheapest I've seen one for at retail, without having to hunt around for trade-in fodder. I guess now it's whether there's going to be a price drop across the board when the 3DS comes out.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#24 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2010 - 03:41 PM

You can buy it now and price-protect,

How does that work with Zellers ?
Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#25 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 14 October 2010 - 05:18 PM

How does that work with Zellers ?

Go back within 14(?) days with original receipt, show them the new price, they'll refund you the difference or process a return and rebuy.

$90 isn't bad (I think Wal-Mart had it at around this price during an anniversary sale), but it's 50% more than $60. The Dsi and XL for $100 and $120 though is still pretty good (the XL is barely months old).

#26 gamer602

gamer602

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2010 - 09:27 PM

Anyone who thinks that the goons over atRFD won't price match this at another retailer knowing full well that this is a price error, I've got a cloud to sell you.
PLEASE EMAIL ME: gamer602 at gmail.com
DO NOT POST ON RFD!:bomb:
WAY too many HOARDERS THERE!

#27 Norieaga

Norieaga

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2010 - 10:56 PM

So is it fully confirmed that the DSL is $90? Dang, I was going to price-match it for $59 :(

#28 t4gyp

t4gyp

Posted 16 October 2010 - 06:11 PM

Anyone who thinks that the goons over atRFD won't price match this at another retailer knowing full well that this is a price error, I've got a cloud to sell you.

They either don't realize they are committing fraud or don't care. Either way, it gives the community a bad name and makes doing legitimate price matches more difficult when people are trying to pull stuff like this all the time.

#29 NolbertoS

NolbertoS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2010 - 10:18 PM

I still think that a DS Lite for 89.99 is a great bargain, but 59 would've been nicer. Zellers were aware of their mistake immediately and had signs all over there electronics store. I picked up 2, one for myself and one for my gf, and both are crimson red...meh..wanted a Black DS Lite moreso, cuz I have alot of GBA games to play and since the 3DS is around the corner, my DS lite will primarily be a GBA, DS portable console. I can't stand those RFD bastards, buying DS lites and than buying that R4 chip for pirating DS games, says about how bad that community is becoming to post deals. but I posted something on GAF, about 2 Asian ladies last night buying 12 DSiXL and 12 DS lites, don't know if they're from RFD, but for sure somebody tipped them off, and left Zellers with them arguing with teh Manager about being able to buy the entire stock of DS Lites and DSi'sXL's.
Circuit City shall burn in Hell

#30 kathos

kathos

Wooooooooo.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2010 - 11:56 PM

Fuck I wanted to buy a DSiXL... I guess I'm out of luck huh? I'll check tomorrow morning.
Ex-Futureshop slave, ex-EB Games slave driver. Now Home Depot dreg.
Posted Image