• Please log in to reply
234 replies to this topic

#1 raistlin

raistlin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:36 PM

Posted Image

Just about everyone on my friends list that plays BC2 on the PS3 has already pre-ordered this game including me. In fact, it seems it's already out pacing MW2 in pre-order sales according to some sources. From the graphics, to the game modes, to customisation...everything just seems really killer about it.

Anyway, I'm interested in reading your thoughts on this title. Is there anything that you personally hope they implement? Or hope they don't drag over from other games? If you haven't seen this video covering customisation, it's worth a watch. http://www.gametrail...-call-of/705528

What we know so far:

There is a full featured theatre mode built in to the game. This allows you to record demos, edit them and upload them to presumably Treyarch's website. It's still unknown as to whether this feature will be available on consoles.

Something new to the franchise will be multiplayer online split-screen support. You can connect a second controller and bring a guest online. Guests can rank up, earn unlocks, etc – all guest progress goes away once signed out.

The highest level is 50 and prestige mode will indeed return. There will be 15 levels of prestige.

Game types

Multiplayer Maps

Money (CoD Points) is earned through experience to purchase:

Custom Soldiers (face paint, clothes etc)
Custom Red Dot Reticles (smiley faces, different colors/shapes)
Custom Clan Logos which can be placed on weapons in two places
Over 40 weapons are going to be available at launch.
Cameras (can be placed anywhere to spy)

-Killstreaks

Contracts can also be purchased, they instruct you to complete an objective. Completion of a contract will yield higher CoD point
payout than what was originally paid for the contract itself.

Wager matches: (allow you to bet your in-game currency, possibly bankrupting the other players)

- One in the chamber each player is given a pistol with one bullet and a knife. For each kill achieved the player will receive one more bullet. However, each player will only have three lives.

- Sharpshooter each player is given the same random weapon. The weapon will be used for 45 seconds before being switched out for another one. Kills will award the player with perks and score multipliers.

- Stick & Stones each player receives only a crossbow, ballistic knife, and a Tomahawk. The catch in this gamemode is that if the player was able to hit an enemy with a Tomahawk, the enemy player will go "bankrupted".

- Gun Game players start out with a pistol.. for each kill they move up a level, granting them a better gun. First person to achieve kills with all 20 weapons wins. However, someone who is knifed will move down a level.

- Double Down will enable you to bet twice the amount before a match

Extremely customisable private matches:

Treyarch has developed a unique custom games editor for private matches. Players will have the ability to structure their games at all new levels of granularity. From variables as simple as Time Limit and Score Limit, or as deep as which weapons, Perks, and gear are available. You want a Pistols Only match? Make one! No longer do custom game modes rely on the “honor system.” Furthermore, any Custom Game you create and configure can be placed in your File Share, for friends and the community to browse, download, and enjoy.

Integrated Social Network:

An in-game friends list will be available at launch. You’ll be able to browse Recent Players, Friends, navigate their File Shares, Recent Games, Combat Records – all within this in-game menu system designed to streamline the social process within the game. This will make sending game invites and joining Friends’ games easier than ever.

Black Ops will support joining games in progress via the friends List interface, it will allow a Party leader to lock down his lobby to Invite Only, Friends Only, or even Close it altogether if he wants to be in complete control over who enters and exits the Party Lobby.

Matchmaking that makes sense:

There will be support for regional filters globally. So you can specify whether you want to match with players from other geographical regions, or only those local to you. This will make communication and lag a much less intrusive variable on your gameplay experience.

Dedicated Servers (Probably PC only):

Black Ops is going to have a dedicated server option, albeit through an exclusive deal with GameServers.com. They will have complete exclusivity rights for renting out the game's dedicated servers. 18-player ranked servers will cost $14.95 per month, while the unranked will set you back $0.99 a month per player with a maximum of 24 players. Treyarch is relying on P2P of course for consoles.

Quick Sniping

Sleight of Hand Pro (Faster ADS) does not work on sniper class weapons. Which is suppose to prevent quick sniping that some of the community complained about.

Perks

Hacker pro - This is one of the most interesting additions to the whole Black Ops perks list. Hacker Pro actually allows you to sabotage enemy Care Packages and also turn enemy equipment friendly. This also makes you invisible to Motion Sensors.

Edited by raistlin, 10 November 2010 - 09:04 AM.

#2 Assasin

Assasin

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:48 PM

Overall I heard that this will completely blow away MW2, Treyarch are doing their best to implement a solid banning system for anyone who manipulates the network. This is what Ive read so far, who knows how the final product will be.

#3 iKilledChewbacca

iKilledChewbacca

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:56 PM

awesome, we needed this thread :D

#4 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:03 PM

I've been playing BFBC2 and I have preordered BO. Can't wait.
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#5 raistlin

raistlin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:58 PM

I've been playing BFBC2 and I have preordered BO. Can't wait.

I know how you feel, the anticipation for this game is kinda killing me. :lol: I was hoping there was going to be a beta for the ps3 so some of us might have been able to get an early taste of it. Unfortunately it seems they kept that under wraps.

On a side note, here are some wallpapers you guys might like for your PC/PS3 just click the link:
http://www.zooomr.co...inon/view-blog/

Example:
Posted Image

#6 CaliSmokeDogg

CaliSmokeDogg

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2010 - 02:17 AM

With the game a few weeks away from release, has anyone heard of any deals for Black Ops (online or in-store) on either system?

(Apologies if this was the wrong place to post this, but I haven't seen a thread addressing this.)

#7 nakanenui

nakanenui

Posted 14 October 2010 - 04:11 AM

Best deal would be Kmart with a $25 coupon on next purchase.
NowPlaying: BF3, RFG, Disgaea3
Latest Plat: Lego HP 1-4

#8 raistlin

raistlin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2010 - 11:00 AM

With the game a few weeks away from release, has anyone heard of any deals for Black Ops (online or in-store) on either system?

(Apologies if this was the wrong place to post this, but I haven't seen a thread addressing this.)

Best deal I've seen online is with Amazon, $20 off your next game purchase.

#9 madcatz1999

madcatz1999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2010 - 01:08 PM

What's the pros and cons of getting this on PS3 vs. PC? I have a hefty gaming rig, but I only recently got into PC gaming, so not really up on making the choice between that vs. PS3 for any game in general.

#10 raistlin

raistlin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2010 - 02:09 PM

What's the pros and cons of getting this on PS3 vs. PC? I have a hefty gaming rig, but I only recently got into PC gaming, so not really up on making the choice between that vs. PS3 for any game in general.

It's just a personal preference thing. Which ever control scheme fits your play style better will be your best bet. Personally I feel like playing on the PS3 puts everyone on a level playing field, outside of changing the stick sensitivity. Where as playing on the PC there's a chance someone may have a better rig then you, and may get higher frames per second giving them the advantage. But I'm also biased, I recently gave up the PC in favor of consoles.

Edited by raistlin, 14 October 2010 - 05:29 PM.

#11 Guest_eastshore4_*

Guest_eastshore4_*

Posted 14 October 2010 - 02:17 PM

I can't really speak for the multiplayer, but I do hope the single player is good. I've always been a bit leery of Treyarch's COD games... it's a very Iron Man 2 kinda story, trying to replicate the success of the Infinity Ward games with Bobby Kotick playing Sam Rockwell's character looming over and yelling "do what these guys did!" And then we end up playing a WWII game with electric guitars wailing in the background. It does look really exciting though, so hopefully it will be good.

Best deal I've seen online is with Amazon, $20 off your next game purchase.

They pulled that deal a few weeks back, now they're just offering an art cell.

Best deal would be Kmart with a $25 coupon on next purchase.

Are you sure you're not thinking of Medal of Honor? I see they have a confirmed offer for Black OPs, but there was no mention of the exact deal, at least on the front page.

#12 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2010 - 09:57 PM

I missed out on the $20 credit so I'll be passing for now. Disappointing after all the good things I've read about it this past week.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#13 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2010 - 02:11 AM

I made this post once, had a HUGE list of everything and anything. Weapons, known missions, maps, features, descriptions, etc. and when I pressed "Post" I was logged out and lost the entire thing. :lol:

In any case, I'm hyped for this one. I think it will surpass MW2 by far.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#14 raistlin

raistlin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2010 - 09:17 AM

and when I pressed "Post" I was logged out and lost the entire thing. :lol:

In any case, I'm hyped for this one. I think it will surpass MW2 by far.

Funny, I had that happen to me as well. Although I just hit the back button on the browser a couple of times and it all came back. With other forums though that won't work, so I got in the habit of highlighting everything and hitting ctrl-c before I hit submit. =)

#15 Jmclark

Jmclark

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2010 - 03:10 PM

I got a $25 best buy GC for my birthday, so I'll probably be preordering it there soon.

#16 Mad39er

Mad39er

Posted 17 October 2010 - 03:50 PM

I got a $25 best buy GC for my birthday, so I'll probably be preordering it there soon.

Just a little warning, since you hacked yourself above Kefka on the MW2 leaderboards, I'm sure he'll be on the look out for you. Provided he ever gets over WoW.
Gran Turismo 5 B-Spec Primer - Now with colors!
"When I started racing my father told me, ‘Cristiano, nobody has three balls but some people have two very good ones'." – Cristiano Da Matta

"Any drunk can fall off a bar stool. It takes a real man to ride it all the way to the ground."

Referal for Dusk 514:

#17 Frank Deluded

Frank Deluded

Posted 17 October 2010 - 05:16 PM

Just a little warning, since you hacked yourself above Kefka on the MW2 leaderboards, I'm sure he'll be on the look out for you. Provided he ever gets over WoW.

Oh sh-

Regardless of how fun this game ends up being; I like the changes, addition of game modes, and customization so I'll definitely be grinding on it for awhile.

I had a broken hand for awhile and this will be the first game I'll be able to enjoy without being really hindered.

#18 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2010 - 10:20 PM

If the devs can just make sure that people can't run through Bullets, then I'll be happy. That's why I really don't like the commando perk.. cause I believe that's the perk that lets people time shift through bullets (along with lightweight). I think that your loadout should dictate how fast you can run.
Posted Image

#19 Mad39er

Mad39er

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:24 AM

If the devs can just make sure that people can't run through Bullets, then I'll be happy. That's why I really don't like the commando perk.. cause I believe that's the perk that lets people time shift through bullets (along with lightweight). I think that your loadout should dictate how fast you can run.

It may be a perk of having a stupid fast connection but I've been able to sidestep a crap ton of people using Commando. It's great to see them fly by me with their knife all Psycho style out and wiffing in mid air. It's definitely something I'll miss since you know it pisses them off and makes them scream "haxor!"
"When I started racing my father told me, ‘Cristiano, nobody has three balls but some people have two very good ones'." – Cristiano Da Matta

"Any drunk can fall off a bar stool. It takes a real man to ride it all the way to the ground."

Referal for Dusk 514:

#20 SnorE

SnorE

ZzZzZzZzZzZz

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:45 PM

Amazon currently has a deal on it http://www.amazon.co...heapassgam08-20
Posted Image

#21 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:52 PM

It's been that price for about a week now. Not really a deal considering $20 off is way better.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#22 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2010 - 03:39 AM

$54.99 isn't a great "deal" on it really...especially when compared to the $20 GC.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#23 SnorE

SnorE

ZzZzZzZzZzZz

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2010 - 07:43 PM

anywhere else have a decent deal on it? Didnt say it was a good deal just a deal :D
Posted Image

#24 Saint Noir

Saint Noir

CinemaScope

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2010 - 08:14 PM

Missed the Amazon credit. But everything I see is looking really good... so I may do a K-Mart deal if they do a $20 credit (which I am sure they will).

Edited by Saint Noir, 19 October 2010 - 08:25 PM.

#25 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:06 AM

Honestly, I only want this game for the nazi zombies. I googled and there are conflicting information regarding this. Can anyone provide a good source that there will be a zombie mode? Also read somewhere that the COD 5's 4 zombie maps will be playable with black ops? Any zombie related info is greatly appreciated.

#26 Mad39er

Mad39er

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:31 AM

Zombie maps will be included with the Hardened and Prestige edition of Black Ops.

Referal for Dusk 514:

#27 kagekiri

kagekiri

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2010 - 12:39 PM

Zombie maps will be included with the Hardened and Prestige edition of Black Ops.

only for those two or is it gonna be if i buy the standard edition i need to shell out more money to pick up the zombie packs?
Posted Image

#28 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:11 PM

Honestly, I only want this game for the nazi zombies. I googled and there are conflicting information regarding this. Can anyone provide a good source that there will be a zombie mode? Also read somewhere that the COD 5's 4 zombie maps will be playable with black ops? Any zombie related info is greatly appreciated.

there are zombie trophies in the game. they cant with hold the platinum because you didnt buy the collectors edition or because you didnt buy extra dlc. now, you will prob only get 1 map, but you still get something.

EightBitArtist.png

#29 langdon_alger

langdon_alger

Phlebitis!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:26 PM

debating between the hardened and the reg. addition. seems the main difference is the 4 extra zombie maps. Does anyone know: were they selling the WaW zombie maps $10/2maps? is it worth the extra $20 for the 4 maps?

#30 Mr. 420

Mr. 420

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:45 PM

This game looks pretty cool but after playing mw2 i don't think i will ever buy something that those guys ever made again let alone a clone that somebody else is making. Treyarch is good from what i have played of there games on ps2 but i thinks mw2 was so terrible that i don't think i can withstand another call of duty. I'll wait on killzone 3 and maybe resistance 3. If i wanna play a 1st person game ill stick with an original one.
:booty::-#:fridge:
:imwithst::puke::bow: