Just about everyone on my friends list that plays BC2 on the PS3 has already pre-ordered this game including me. In fact, it seems it's already out pacing MW2 in pre-order sales according to some sources. From the graphics, to the game modes, to customisation...everything just seems really killer about it.
Anyway, I'm interested in reading your thoughts on this title. Is there anything that you personally hope they implement? Or hope they don't drag over from other games? If you haven't seen this video covering customisation, it's worth a watch. http://www.gametrail...-call-of/705528
What we know so far:
There is a full featured theatre mode built in to the game. This allows you to record demos, edit them and upload them to presumably Treyarch's website. It's still unknown as to whether this feature will be available on consoles.
Something new to the franchise will be multiplayer online split-screen support. You can connect a second controller and bring a guest online. Guests can rank up, earn unlocks, etc – all guest progress goes away once signed out.
The highest level is 50 and prestige mode will indeed return. There will be 15 levels of prestige.
- Team Deathmatch will return; however, points for headshots and other bonuses will be added to the team's score.
- Capture the Flag
- Search and Destroy
- Hardcore Team Deathmatch
- Hardcore Search and Destroy
- Combat Training: Fight against enemy AI in a training mode.
Money (CoD Points) is earned through experience to purchase:
Custom Soldiers (face paint, clothes etc)
Custom Red Dot Reticles (smiley faces, different colors/shapes)
Custom Clan Logos which can be placed on weapons in two places
Over 40 weapons are going to be available at launch.
Cameras (can be placed anywhere to spy)
- 3 kill streaks: Spy Plane, RC-XD
- 4 kill streaks: Counter-Spy Plane, SAM Turret
- 5 kill streaks: Care Package, Napalm Strike
- 6 kill streaks: Sentry Gun, Mortar Team
- 7 kill streaks: Attack Helicopter, Valkyrie Rockets
- 8 kill streaks: Blackbird, Rolling Thunder
- 9 kill streaks: Chopper Gunner
- 11 kill streaks: Attack Dogs, Gunship
Contracts can also be purchased, they instruct you to complete an objective. Completion of a contract will yield higher CoD point
payout than what was originally paid for the contract itself.
Wager matches: (allow you to bet your in-game currency, possibly bankrupting the other players)
- One in the chamber each player is given a pistol with one bullet and a knife. For each kill achieved the player will receive one more bullet. However, each player will only have three lives.
- Sharpshooter each player is given the same random weapon. The weapon will be used for 45 seconds before being switched out for another one. Kills will award the player with perks and score multipliers.
- Stick & Stones each player receives only a crossbow, ballistic knife, and a Tomahawk. The catch in this gamemode is that if the player was able to hit an enemy with a Tomahawk, the enemy player will go "bankrupted".
- Gun Game players start out with a pistol.. for each kill they move up a level, granting them a better gun. First person to achieve kills with all 20 weapons wins. However, someone who is knifed will move down a level.
- Double Down will enable you to bet twice the amount before a match
Extremely customisable private matches:
Treyarch has developed a unique custom games editor for private matches. Players will have the ability to structure their games at all new levels of granularity. From variables as simple as Time Limit and Score Limit, or as deep as which weapons, Perks, and gear are available. You want a Pistols Only match? Make one! No longer do custom game modes rely on the “honor system.” Furthermore, any Custom Game you create and configure can be placed in your File Share, for friends and the community to browse, download, and enjoy.
Integrated Social Network:
An in-game friends list will be available at launch. You’ll be able to browse Recent Players, Friends, navigate their File Shares, Recent Games, Combat Records – all within this in-game menu system designed to streamline the social process within the game. This will make sending game invites and joining Friends’ games easier than ever.
Black Ops will support joining games in progress via the friends List interface, it will allow a Party leader to lock down his lobby to Invite Only, Friends Only, or even Close it altogether if he wants to be in complete control over who enters and exits the Party Lobby.
Matchmaking that makes sense:
There will be support for regional filters globally. So you can specify whether you want to match with players from other geographical regions, or only those local to you. This will make communication and lag a much less intrusive variable on your gameplay experience.
Dedicated Servers (Probably PC only):
Black Ops is going to have a dedicated server option, albeit through an exclusive deal with GameServers.com. They will have complete exclusivity rights for renting out the game's dedicated servers. 18-player ranked servers will cost $14.95 per month, while the unranked will set you back $0.99 a month per player with a maximum of 24 players. Treyarch is relying on P2P of course for consoles.
Sleight of Hand Pro (Faster ADS) does not work on sniper class weapons. Which is suppose to prevent quick sniping that some of the community complained about.
Hacker pro - This is one of the most interesting additions to the whole Black Ops perks list. Hacker Pro actually allows you to sabotage enemy Care Packages and also turn enemy equipment friendly. This also makes you invisible to Motion Sensors.
Edited by raistlin, 10 November 2010 - 09:04 AM.