Photo
- - - - -

Amazon credit ethics

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mighty Beck

Mighty Beck

Posted 14 October 2010 - 03:25 PM

So I pre-ordered Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light, and it came with $10 credit for a future game purchase. The thing is, I ended up deciding I have too many RPGs in my backlog, so I refused the package for a refund. I still have the credit. Wouldn't using this kind of be...taking advantage?

#2 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2010 - 03:50 PM

Yes. They're supposed to deduct the amount from your return though I believe. So they may just let you keep that $10 credit and charge you $10? I dunno. If they don't take the credit though, I'd just use it.

#3 War Machine

War Machine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2010 - 04:03 PM

Amazon has made mistakes before where they give you credit for a pre-order and let you keep it even if you cancel the pre-order. It's a mistake on their part and I've never heard of them charging anyone for their mistake. I doubt they'll make any fuzz over your $10 credit, so go ahead and use it.

In regard to the moral question, yes, you are taking advantage, but I doubt Amazon would care enough to take back that credit even if you told them.

#4 YodaEXE

YodaEXE

Posted 14 October 2010 - 04:16 PM

Be careful that you don't pull things like this too often though. Yeah, they won't care about it happening occasionally, but if it starts to happen often they'll ban your Amazon account.
Posted Image

#5 PinkGamer

PinkGamer

Posted 14 October 2010 - 05:03 PM

If they do not request that you give it back then it is their fault not yours.

#6 War Machine

War Machine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2010 - 04:21 AM

Be careful that you don't pull things like this too often though. Yeah, they won't care about it happening occasionally, but if it starts to happen often they'll ban your Amazon account.

They could, but I have never, ever, heard of anyone getting banned for taking advantage of such Amazon credit errors.