Vanquish Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#1 jh6269

jh6269

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2010 - 01:59 PM

It ships in 4 more days! I've got to hurry the heck up and finish Castlevania so I can play this game. I am super stoked for this game!

http://www.joystiq.c...nquish-trailer/

Searched for a thread and couldn't find one, so sorry if it's a double post.
Posted Image Posted Image

#2 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2010 - 06:00 PM

I saw the trailer, it looks pretty tight... Is Hilary Clinton in it or something? Is she the president :lol:? I'm only getting it because of the K-mart deal. $60 for Vanquish and get $20 gaming coupon back. Also, by buying Vanquish, you can get some titles for $30 (like C:LoS, Enslaved, DR2 etc.). Planning to get Enslaved for $30 along with Vanquish and saving the $20 toward Black Ops :)

#3 jh6269

jh6269

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2010 - 10:57 PM

Yeah, I went with GameStop. The only reason being is you get some extra weapons or something. I guess I should have gotten it via K-mart, but oh well, what's done is done. I also got that Sony Credit Card and used that Points Plus thing to try to get the 5x bonus points for shopping through their website.

I think the story is going to be really bad and cheesy, but I don't care, the game looks really good, and the demo was great. I've been starving for a sci-fi shooter, so this will definitely hit the spot.

#4 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2010 - 11:04 PM

i dowloaded both demos off the jap psn and loved it. the game has a very anime look to it and if its got mp as well im sold. still waiting for a review though just to make sure.

#5 jh6269

jh6269

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2010 - 11:26 PM

Well, I'll give you my review when I get it :lol:

#6 tmly

tmly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2010 - 03:35 AM

Can't believe this game is flying under the radar. The marketing is terrible. I can't wait for it either, but won't pay $60 if it's only single player.

#7 Mad39er

Mad39er

Posted 16 October 2010 - 06:24 AM

The demo was awesome, I personally went through the tutorial first, unlike a bunch of other people who have posted their impressions and found the depth of the game great. The only thing I didn't like was not being able to jump freely, that would have made it golden.
Gran Turismo 5 B-Spec Primer - Now with colors!
"When I started racing my father told me, ‘Cristiano, nobody has three balls but some people have two very good ones'." – Cristiano Da Matta

"Any drunk can fall off a bar stool. It takes a real man to ride it all the way to the ground."

Referal for Dusk 514:

#8 Dezner

Dezner

Kanetsugu! <3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2010 - 05:44 AM

Absolutely cannot wait for this, I would have bought it based on the Bayonetta/PlatinumGames association (my GOTY) alone, but the Vanquish demo was an absolute blast to play! :D

OrangeGouf.png

#9 jh6269

jh6269

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2010 - 03:56 PM

I got a call from GameStop for the game, they want everyone to come to GS at 10 PM on Monday night and they'll sell you the game shortly after midnight LOL

Do they do this with every game? I need to re-listen to the message and see if they're giving away anything for free... If so, I might just go.

Anyone ever been to one of these?

#10 Dezner

Dezner

Kanetsugu! <3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:00 AM

I'm not sure if they do it for every game...other games I've got recently in the text message say "Tues AM".
I've been to the Halo 3/Reach midnight releases, but nothing was given away or anything that I recall. I figured midnight releases were for only really HUGE releases. :p

OrangeGouf.png

#11 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:35 PM

no mp in vanquish.

#12 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:58 AM

people are saying GI states this only has a 4 hour SP campaign. that makes this a "gamestop rental"

EightBitArtist.png

#13 Mad39er

Mad39er

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:13 AM

IGN gave it a better review apparently. If you're going by reviews, then I'm sure most games this season are going to be a rental as that's what the trend seems to be.
Gran Turismo 5 B-Spec Primer - Now with colors!
"When I started racing my father told me, ‘Cristiano, nobody has three balls but some people have two very good ones'." – Cristiano Da Matta

"Any drunk can fall off a bar stool. It takes a real man to ride it all the way to the ground."

Referal for Dusk 514:

#14 Dezner

Dezner

Kanetsugu! <3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2010 - 08:51 AM

Holy Shit, game is fucking awesome! Act 1 was a blast, can't wait for more!

OrangeGouf.png

#15 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2010 - 05:14 PM

Can someone kindly post the trophies for this game? Thanks in advance! Sorry, game sites are blocked and I would love to see the trophy list before I play the game tonight.

#16 Emowii

Emowii

Posted 19 October 2010 - 05:26 PM

Do any of you have the PS3 version? Can you tell me if the save file is locked to the system? All you have to do is go to the save file, press triangle, and then hit copy. It will tell you then if it can't be copied.

Thanks!

#17 jh6269

jh6269

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2010 - 07:15 PM

Just picked up my copy today, and I'm so tempted to play it, but I need to finish Castlevania, or I'll never finish it.

Can someone find out for sure how long the game is?

#18 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 19 October 2010 - 07:31 PM

Can someone find out for sure how long the game is?

http://www.strengthgamer.com/images/finsihed.bmp
Mission Time 3:42:03

#19 Guest_eastshore4_*

Guest_eastshore4_*

Posted 19 October 2010 - 07:35 PM

The IGN review said it was about 6-7 hours, FWIW there's also a challenge mode where you clear out waves of enemies.

The demo really was great, I'm really looking forward to this game this evening. I am pretty dissapointed by what I've seen of the plot/characters though... that live action teaser they gave us made me think it was going to be a bit more western but as someone said the whole thing has a real anime vibe to it

#20 jh6269

jh6269

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2010 - 07:35 PM

Mission Time 3:42:03

Ouch! Well, I take forever, so that's probably 10 hours for me :lol:
I hope there is some DLC or something.

EDIT:

Well, Ars Technica said it was more like a 6 or 7 hour game.
JoyStiq gave it a 4.5/5, so I think it's going to be a great 7 hours.

Edited by jh6269, 19 October 2010 - 08:14 PM.

#21 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:04 PM

I have to say, WOW, this game is freaking awesome! It's like MGS, Uncharted and Sonic combined or something like that :lol:

Not a bad game at all, pretty fluid control, love the weapons and setting. The chick is cute too :)

#22 technom22

technom22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:50 PM

I'll have to rent the game before buying it..
The demo was nice, but didn't convinced me.

#23 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2010 - 08:03 PM

I didn't bother with the demo... The K-mart deal is too good to pass. And it turned out that this game is better than I expected.

#24 jh6269

jh6269

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:43 PM

Cool, I'm working on Castlevania, almost done. Finally figured out how to do the block and counter move LOL

Vanquish is next!

#25 io

io

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:04 AM

I think I might start this tonight. Got it sitting here from Kmart. I would have never considered it without that deal (unitl it got dirt cheap that is).

#26 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2010 - 01:40 PM

Don't play on NORMAL if you're gunning for trophies.... Not worth it... Either CASUAL or HARD (CASUAL AUTO? I think that's easier than CASUAL, right?).

I haven't try HARD, but NORMAL is okay. Well, knowing that there's no reward for NORMAL, I'm switching to CASUAL AUTO :lol:

After get the hand of the maps and control, I probably going to try HARD (I have a feeling it's not going to be smooth).

#27 jh6269

jh6269

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2010 - 02:35 PM

What do you mean? There's no trophy for normal, but only CASUAL AUTO and HARD?

#28 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:15 PM

Well, you can unlock those "kill this, do that" trophies with any modes... But there are no chapter completion trophies for NORMAL.

If you beat on HARD, the trophies might stack (not all games stack, like Bayonetta). But playing NORMAL will only lock the same trophies as you play on CASUAL or CASUAL AUTO. There are no NORMAL chapter trophies (unlike most other games where rewards are given out on EASY, NORMAL and HARD).

#29 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:21 PM

There are trophies for completing each act and completing each act on HARD. And thats it. Not a plug, but I like this site to check out trophies and such. This site is based in the UK, but there is another that is .com, but I dont like it as much.
http://www.ps3trophi...quish/trophies/

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png

#30 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:10 PM

Yeah, I know... but those sites are blocked from work, so I can only check them at home.