Photo
- - - - -

Fable II Collector's Edition $22 shipped from Sears.com! Link inside!

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Plantguy7

Plantguy7

Awesomesauce

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:09 AM

EDIT: Looks like this isn't such a good deal after all, the Platinum Hits the better option!

Just ordered one for myself, I've been wanting it because all of the Fable III hype :bouncy:

http://www.sears.com...er=05891459000P

Here's an unboxing video if you want to know what comes with it:

Edited by Plantguy7, 25 October 2010 - 12:42 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 pholly

pholly

Best In The World

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:16 AM

Just ordered one for myself, I've been wanting it because all of the Fable III hype :bouncy:

http://www.sears.com...er=05891459000P

If I hadn't just got the regular edition free off xbox live last week I probably would get this. I think the CE DLC codes are expired now anyway aren't they?

#3 Plantguy7

Plantguy7

Awesomesauce

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:20 AM

Are they? That might sort of suck. Was that a glitch with the free game or what? I missed it =(
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:24 AM

Not worth it ... the Platinum Hits version is actually a better buy at this point, given the DLC is another $10-20 after you buy this. And the added content is lacking ... really an embarrassing CE to be honest.

#5 pholly

pholly

Best In The World

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:25 AM

Are they? That might sort of suck. Was that a glitch with the free game or what? I missed it =(

I'm not sure if it was a glitch or not but there was a link posted here last week to a free on demand download of it on xbox live. The DLC code might still be good, but I think it expired. I'm sure someone who knows for sure will reply soon and call me an idiot for saying it expired :D

#6 mgoody69

mgoody69

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:30 AM

was also able to pick it up off live while free. now i can't stop playing. pre-ordered fable 3 because of it. would not have bought it otherwise.

#7 Plantguy7

Plantguy7

Awesomesauce

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:31 AM

Oh, the Platinum Hits version has the DLC already in it? I may have to cancel my order. Maybe this wasn't such a good deal after all..
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:37 AM

Oh, the Platinum Hits version has the DLC already in it? I may have to cancel my order. Maybe this wasn't such a good deal after all..

Yeah, the Platinum Hits version actually has more content over this one. This is strictly for collectors.

#9 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:41 AM

Yeah, unfortunately there are a couple risks you take with the CE that probably everyone should be aware of -

1. The CE DLC may not work, however it most likely will .... BUT

2. Most people have forgotten that not only did the Fable 2 CE take a hit in content, losing the figure and cards it was supposed to come with, but also, at the time of release there were a ton of CEs that were released without the DLC content card. There was a whole program MS started to give people the content free and a huge uproar because everyone was applying to the program to replace the missing DLC, even if they hadn't bought the CE.

So yeah ... basically, if you buy this for $22 you get a slip cover, a making of DVD, most likely DLC or for $20 you can get the Plat. Hits version and get all the DLC.

#10 Plantguy7

Plantguy7

Awesomesauce

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:41 AM

Well that's news to me..I thought they just slapped Platinum Hits on a game after it sold over a million copies or something like that. Sorry guys!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:43 AM

Honestly the extra content in the Collector's Edition makes this better then the Platinum Hits version

The extra game content is going to go on sale on Live from time to time, the DLC in this version never will

#12 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:46 AM

It's true you can only get the Hal Outfit and Sword, but remember if you want the full Fable 2 game it will cost you more than the $22 here. Having owned the CE, I guess the DLC is kind of cool ... but honestly, from everything I've read about III, it's going to be very similar to II but with many improvements. The Fable 2 story is a bit on the weak side, so just a heads up on that too.

#13 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:48 AM

I got FB2: PH version for $13 & worth it. I may waits for FB3: PH version :) Really don't want to spend $60 and get $30 GC this week ad (Nebraska Furniture Mart)
"Evil is Funs"

#14 tlwizard

tlwizard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2010 - 01:30 AM

The LE DLC has not expired. Just tried it today.

#15 Jonsoncao

Jonsoncao

Teh Professor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2010 - 02:00 AM

Fable 2 collector's edition is the most regrettable purchase I ve made on collector's editions
Posted Image

#16 pholly

pholly

Best In The World

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2010 - 04:17 AM

Fable 2 collector's edition is the most regrettable purchase I ve made on collector's editions

Mine was that fucking Halo 3 Legendary, I learned from my mistake too bad most people don't.

#17 N1nj4_KO

N1nj4_KO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2010 - 04:34 AM

Fable 2 = 0 for many on CAG from that xbox free download glitch last week. -grins-

#18 basis

basis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2010 - 04:40 AM

OT: i missed the free Fable 2 on XBLA, so if i were to get the plat edition, are the DLCs part on the disc? or seperate codes?

#19 N1nj4_KO

N1nj4_KO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2010 - 04:48 AM

The platinum edition comes with all the DLCs but not the Halo suit and sword as I have heard. I am not sure what else the CE comes with but not both the DLCs.

Breakdown: as I learned

Platinum Edition - 2 DLCs and extra content and weapons. Already installed in the CDs so there are NO DLC codes to input and no storage space required.

Collector's Edition - 1 DLC and Halo suit and sword. (Didn't do much research on this so I would not know anything else, maybe I'm wrong with this information as well)

#20 basis

basis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2010 - 04:53 AM

thanks N1nj4_KO. hmmm so that could mean that the other DLC "The Hall of the Dead" dungeon?

#21 aznguyen316

aznguyen316

Rock Chalk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:16 AM

Fable 2 = 0 for many on CAG from that xbox free download glitch last week. -grins-

Lol that was a glitch? Nice I got it though played a little. Prob will just plow through it to beat a game before cod

#22 pholly

pholly

Best In The World

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2010 - 02:23 PM

I got that and Plants vs Zombies for free this month, free games are good :D

#23 aznguyen316

aznguyen316

Rock Chalk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2010 - 02:28 PM

damn PvZ was free on Live? nuts!!! oh well.. worth the $10 I paid on steam when it first came out =)
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK | Steam: djfakey
i5-2500k@4.2Ghz; MSI 660Ti PE/OC Ed.

#24 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2010 - 04:40 PM

I know that the CE DLC will not work with the Platinum Hits disc version.

However, does anyone know if the CE DLC will work with the download version of the game that Microsoft gave away from a glitch a week ago?
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#25 N1nj4_KO

N1nj4_KO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:33 PM

thanks N1nj4_KO. hmmm so that could mean that the other DLC "The Hall of the Dead" dungeon?

I hate when stuff isn't compatible for other editions. Platinum vs. Collector's Edition extras and extra content don't go well together. But yeah totally uncool. I believe you are correct on that information Basis. I remember reading up on many sites that the extra dungeon or content is this Hall of the Dead dungeon for the Collector's Edition of Fable 2. I also read that, well if you continue reading this thread, that CE and PE don't work well together.

I got that and Plants vs Zombies for free this month, free games are good :D

When was this PvZ free deal? I wasn't informed!? Damn those updates! :bomb:

#26 JUDOHAWK

JUDOHAWK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:15 PM

Anyone want a 5 dollar kmart eGC? I would let it go for a month of live code or something. I would use it myself, but almost anything on their site is killed by shipping(except videogames) I just don't have extra money to be spending on games right now anyway. I think the card can be used on sears.com too.

#27 insideouthouse

insideouthouse

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:03 PM

However, does anyone know if the CE DLC will work with the download version of the game that Microsoft gave away from a glitch a week ago?

someone who has bought it please let me know about this. if it doesnt work im ebaying that sucker

#28 pholly

pholly

Best In The World

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:58 PM

When was this PvZ free deal? I wasn't informed!? Damn those updates! :bomb:

It was free in China or something a couple of weeks ago, had to make a Chinese gamertag to get it but that was easy and free. I think the admins took it off the site after it was posted, not sure if that was because it was a repost or against the terms of the site. I like it better on the iPad, the touch screen controls really make the game fun to play.

#29 N1nj4_KO

N1nj4_KO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2010 - 09:28 PM

It was free in China or something a couple of weeks ago, had to make a Chinese gamertag to get it but that was easy and free. I think the admins took it off the site after it was posted, not sure if that was because it was a repost or against the terms of the site. I like it better on the iPad, the touch screen controls really make the game fun to play.

Oh you mean that Taiwanese XBL account. Wouldn't you need to stay on that account to play the games or it's in your HDD? Oh nvm I just answered my own question >_> but I beat the game on PC and I just wanted to play on XBL with the versus mode. I doubt we would be able to play?

#30 pholly

pholly

Best In The World

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2010 - 09:54 PM

Oh you mean that Taiwanese XBL account. Wouldn't you need to stay on that account to play the games or it's in your HDD? Oh nvm I just answered my own question >_> but I beat the game on PC and I just wanted to play on XBL with the versus mode. I doubt we would be able to play?

No, versus is local only. I was hoping for that to be online, oh well. As far as the Tai thing goes, once I downloaded it the license for it is on my console so anyone who plays on my console would have the full version unlocked no matter what account is logged in. If I get another console though I would have to either be logged on as that user, doesn't have to be the playing profile btw can be any of the 4 available controllers, or transfer the license to my new console.