Photo
- - - - -

Call of Duty: Black Ops (360/PS3/PC/Wii) with $20 Credit (200 bonus points) at Amazon

• Please log in to reply
730 replies to this topic

#1 evophile

evophile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:27 AM

UPDATE: Now 200 points = $20!
Available on all PS3/360/PC/Wii versions, make sure you don't checkout with 1-Click!
:360: http://www.amazon.co...0/dp/B003JVKHEQ
:ps3: http://www.amazon.co...3/dp/B003JVCA9Q

Wasn't sure if I should have made this a new thread..

Anyways, I missed out on the $20 credit deal and noticed the Laser Cell kept appearing and disappearing. Was finally going to bite the bullet with my $20 Fable 3 credit and refreshed the COD page to order and oddly enough the Cell and Wallpaper disappeared completely to be replaced by:

100 Pre-order Bonus Points
Order Call of Duty: Black Ops and receive 100 Pre-order Bonus Points. Offer good for all pre-order customers who have not already received promotional credit on this item. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last.

Pre-order Bonus Points are redeemable for any item in the Amazon.com Video Games store. 100 Pre-order Bonus Points are worth a $10 promotional credit toward the purchase of any item from the Amazon Video Games store shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Your points will be automatically converted to promotional credit, and will be automatically added to your account with a qualifying purchase.

Looks like Amazon is using a similar tactic as KMart in getting around Activisions GC/Credit issues.

$10 isn't as good as $20 or $25, but better than the laser cell in my opinion. Looks to be available on all versions. They also raised the price back $5 to MSRP.

Edited by CheapyD, 30 October 2010 - 12:13 PM.
now 200 points = $20

fs_overall.png

#2 sk8erpinoy

sk8erpinoy

MUSE Rules!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:37 AM

Meh...like you say not as good as $20 or $25. All versions except Hardened Edition for :ps3: since its OOS
:ps3:
Spoiler
Working on: :cry:
:pc:
Spoiler
Working on: League Of Legends - Try it! :D
:360:
Spoiler
This is fun too!
"Benevolent to a fault."

#3 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:41 AM

Wow another $10 with $20 making it to $30 credits!

#4 chw2006

chw2006

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:52 AM

Well, I guess COD at $34.44 with no game credit is better than COD at $40.00 with $10 credit. I'm not all that inclined to spend $5 extra bucks to be forced to buy something else.

#5 Geello

Geello

Walked into Mordor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:59 AM

They fucked over PC gamers with preorder bonuses. Bought it from Steam instead.

Posted Image

#6 Kaijufan

Kaijufan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 08:04 AM

Yeah the lack of this bonus for the PC version is disapointing.
Posted Image

#7 sk8erpinoy

sk8erpinoy

MUSE Rules!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 08:06 AM

Offer good for all pre-order customers who have not already received promotional credit on this item.

Wow another $10 with $20 making it to $30 credits!

I don't think so...
:ps3:
Spoiler
:pc:
Spoiler
Working on: League Of Legends - Try it! :D
:360:
Spoiler
This is fun too!
"Benevolent to a fault."

#8 nJoy7

nJoy7

Wait, what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 08:11 AM

Thanks for the heads up OP! Looks like I'll be buying it from Amazon after all!

EDIT: What's with these "points"? Where's the good ole promotional game credit? This new point system hurts my small brain. :S

Atypical+Nate.png 3410326351.png

#9 KneeKnee

KneeKnee

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 08:14 AM

I was a lemming with this game, a lot of my friends are buying it midnight, so I had to too. Looks like gamestop wins this time. I would have waited if I got the $20 credit, but not without.

KneeKnee.png

#10 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 08:18 AM

EDIT: What's with these "points"? Where's the good ole promotional game credit? This new point system hurts my small brain. :S

Activision is not allowing gift cards / credits / gaming coupons to be given away with Call of Duty: Black Ops on release.

Stores are coming up with clever ways around this. K-Mart is giving you $25 worth of points on some rewards card they have. Amazon is giving you 100 "pre-order bonus points" which says in the description equal $10 and can be used on any video game product.

TRU is giving away a $20 gift card on ANY $60 game the same week Black Ops releases, but without tying the deal to Black Ops even though we all know what it's for.

Basically, stores aren't able to use a money denomination so they are making ones up, similar to MS points. Activision can't do shit about it.

#11 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 08:19 AM

I don't know the details, but apparently Activision is restricting coupons/gift cards on the release, so everyone has to come up with some other BS way to give you credits. It seems to just make a hassle for all the retailers.
Posted Image

#12 bigdogn12

bigdogn12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 08:31 AM

Why is Activision doing this, and do they have grounds for restricting retailers promotions? I guess other than not providing them with the game.

#13 postulio

postulio

member since 2004

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 08:35 AM

Why is Activision doing this, and do they have grounds for restricting retailers promotions? I guess other than not providing them with the game.

my question too.

why does Activision give a crap?

#14 SpaceInsomniac

SpaceInsomniac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 08:39 AM

Nope. I'm a night owl anyway, so I'll want to play at midnight. Pretty much the ONLY thing that is going to get me to wait until 4 in the afternoon on the day of release is 20 dollars in Amazon promotional credit. I just might have gone for this, if it wasn't for them putting the price back to 59.99, but now I'm going to continue to wait for a better deal.

I'm there there will be at least one or two stores offering a 20 dollar gift card with Black Ops. If Amazon refuses to match their offer, and their own original offer, then I just buy the game from somewhere else.

Thanks for keeping us updated, though.

#15 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 08:47 AM

Cool. Hopefully they make it 200 points though.

#16 nJoy7

nJoy7

Wait, what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:14 AM

Nope. I'm a night owl anyway, so I'll want to play at midnight. Pretty much the ONLY thing that is going to get me to wait until 4 in the afternoon on the day of release is 20 dollars in Amazon promotional credit. I just might have gone for this, if it wasn't for them putting the price back to 59.99, but now I'm going to continue to wait for a better deal.

I'm there there will be at least one or two stores offering a 20 dollar gift card with Black Ops. If Amazon refuses to match their offer, and their own original offer, then I just buy the game from somewhere else.

Thanks for keeping us updated, though.

Drink a lot of beer the day before. Pass out. When you wake up... Black Ops will have released!

#17 Tyrannical

Tyrannical

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:19 AM

I bit, I was just waiting for a deal.
I did get the hardened edition because I figure they'd charge $10-$15 for those bonus maps anyways.

#18 nJoy7

nJoy7

Wait, what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:39 AM

Yeah.. I think I'm going to move my order from the standard edition to the hardened edition. Ugh.. I feel like I'm paying more for DLC that should be included with the standard edition.

By the way, what's with the cheap Black Ops medal that comes with the hardened version? What the hell am I going to do with that? Lay it on my dresser? -_-

#19 MrBeatdown

MrBeatdown

DumbAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:04 AM

I got in when they had it for $54.44. That doesn't qualify as promotional credit, just a discount, so I should get the 100 points too, right?

Not bad if it works out that way. Hopefully Walmart counters with 200 magic e-beans.

#20 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:21 AM

I got in when they had it for $54.44. That doesn't qualify as promotional credit, just a discount, so I should get the 100 points too, right?

Not bad if it works out that way. Hopefully Walmart counters with 200 magic e-beans.

200 magic e-beans...haha. And yeah that's right. If you didnt actually get the $20 promo credit you should get this instead.

#21 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:52 AM

my question too.

why does Activision give a crap?

Just a hunch but Activision probably dosen't want the game "devalued" in the customers eyes by needing gift cards or coupons to sell it.

They feel the game can stand on its own two legs at $60 and want to show everyone else they don't need any "gimmicks" to sell the game at launch.

Promos like gaming coupons and gift cards need to be approved by Activision or else Activision pulls support for future games, and your chain is the chain who gets a game days after everyone else. Activision can't do anything against in-house promotional offers, where retailers are going to cut into their bottom line in an effort to pull more sales from the competition.

#22 tmacairjordan87

tmacairjordan87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:25 AM

Activision gives a crap because Kotick is an evil money grabbin jerk, what other reason is there for any of the awful things Activision does?

#23 luan87us

luan87us

I am cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:29 AM

So if I preordered it when it had the Laser Cell and Wallpaper for $54.99 will I also get this $10 credit as well? Gotta contact CS about this.

#24 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:37 AM

Just a hunch but Activision probably dosen't want the game "devalued" in the customers eyes by needing gift cards or coupons to sell it.

They feel the game can stand on its own two legs at $60 and want to show everyone else they don't need any "gimmicks" to sell the game at launch.

Promos like gaming coupons and gift cards need to be approved by Activision or else Activision pulls support for future games, and your chain is the chain who gets a game days after everyone else. Activision can't do anything against in-house promotional offers, where retailers are going to cut into their bottom line in an effort to pull more sales from the competition.

If that's the case then reviews should be out nice and early...right? To me coupons and deals with games don't devalue it at all. Late ass reviews do make me nervous though.

So if I preordered it when it had the Laser Cell and Wallpaper for $54.99 will I also get this $10 credit as well? Gotta contact CS about this.

You should, yes because the wording says promotional credit. I doubt they would consider the laser cell or wallpaper promo credit.

#25 realskillz

realskillz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:50 AM

thanks I preordered one

#26 grap3fruitman

grap3fruitman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:10 PM

Activision is not allowing gift cards / credits / gaming coupons to be given away with Call of Duty: Black Ops on release.

I guess the idea of giving to customers is foreign to Activision.

#27 Fonz72

Fonz72

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:38 PM

I guess the idea of giving to customers is foreign to Activision.

Are you kidding? They will give us GREAT map packs for 15 or maybe even 20 dollars over the next few months! :lol: I'll bet the price creeps up on them over the next few years - pretty soon you'll see $100 retail games with no DLC.

#28 Aliens

Aliens

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 01:02 PM

Windows version mentions the 100 bonus points... in for one!

#29 Solori

Solori

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 01:24 PM

I already preordered the ps3 hardened edition when it had the laser cell. Since it is now out of stock it doesn't have the 100 points box on the page. I wonder if I can still get the points?

I also pre-ordered an xbox 360 version at the same time. Maybe I should contact cs about the 360 version and try to get them to adjust the ps3 at the same time. Or do you think they would refuse to adjust for both since technically the 100 point box doesn't show up on the ps3 page?

#30 daminion

daminion

Posted 29 October 2010 - 01:40 PM

i pre-ordered when the game was $54.44. I just checked and my order was updated to reflect the version with the laser cel. I would prefer to get the 100 points ($10 off) -- anyone in this situation able to change their order through amazon CS so they received the points instead?