Playstation Trophy thread and Platinum bragging

• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

#1 ORGAN1ZAT10N_13

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13

Two Best Friends Forever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2010 - 09:14 PM

I decided to change this thread to general PSN Trophy discussion and platinum trophy bragging. Share your tips for helping others obtain those coveted Platinum and Gold or recommend games for tons of easy Bronze and Silver. Happy hunting CAG

Edited by Organization_XIII, 25 March 2011 - 04:57 PM.

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13.png

ORGAN1ZAT10N+13.png

Buy/Sell/Trade List http://cheapassgamer...ad.php?t=277132

#2 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:34 AM

Uncharted 2 was my first plat too. The game was so damn good that I knew I had to get all the trophies. Then I immediately went back to get the plat in Uncharted... after that, the trophies became kinda hazy.

I don't like any online related trophies though... otherwise, I would have gotten the DLC trophies for Uncharted 2.

On the PS3, the percentages can change if new DLC arrives. I had 100% in Uncharted 2 but with the DLC, there were more trophies added so now I only have 74% or something. But you don't need 100% (or to buy any DLC) for the platinum.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#3 evilboi

evilboi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:16 AM

Trine was my first and the rest was coming non stop. i'm becoming trophy addict ever since

evilben_85.png

#4 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:35 PM

Resident Evil 5 for me since it was the first game I had bought after Sony made trophy support mandatory. MGS4 would have been my first, but about that. . .

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#5 ORGAN1ZAT10N_13

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13

Two Best Friends Forever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:47 PM

Yeah, I don't get why they didn't add trophies to MGS4 after trophies being mandatory. Grand Theft Auto IV, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, and Warhawk added them. I don't see why MGS4 didn't get them, or Ratchet and Clank Future for that matter.

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13.png

ORGAN1ZAT10N+13.png

#6 nakanenui

nakanenui

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:06 PM

R&C aCiT was my first.
NowPlaying: BF3, RFG, Disgaea3
Latest Plat: Lego HP 1-4

#7 Bazylik

Bazylik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:25 PM

hmm, I think Dead Space was my first. Good times, good times...

#8 ORGAN1ZAT10N_13

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13

Two Best Friends Forever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:11 PM

I'm so close getting the Plat in Uncharted 1 (All I have to do is beat Crushing difficulty - which is insanely hard compared to crushing in Uncharted 2) and God of War 3 (I need to find the last of the Minotaur Horns, and figure out how to pull off a 1000 hit combo).

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13.png

ORGAN1ZAT10N+13.png

#9 Dahk

Dahk

You Know Nothing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:15 PM

Tekken 6 was my first and only plat trophy. Funny thing is, I'm not even a huge fan of the game and have since traded it.

My backlog is a little too big to be worrying about finding every last trinket in games. I'd love to be able to, but I just don't have the time.

Currently Playing
:ps3: Tales of Symphonia

DahkX.png

#10 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:50 PM

Congrats! Yeah, after getting my first platinum trophy, I got hooked... That's right, there's no special treatment in achievements for collecting every points, but in the PS3 world, you're rewarded with the delicious Platinum trophy :) Not only looks good on the trophy stat (plat/gold/silver/bronze Olympic style) but also boost your leveling up experience points (level up faster with Platinum trophies).

Yeah, most people tend to remember their first platinum. Also, you don't need all of the DLCs to unlock it, just need to collect all of the in game trophies (personally, I don't know why the formula is like that, I mean, why can't they just offer a platinum trophy for just beating the game? :lol:)

Tekken 6 plat? Wow, impressive... And for those plat Little Big Planets, congrats too, that's one hard platinum (hats off to those with Resistance 2 platinum trophies too, it's almost impossible :lol:).

I agree that Uncharted and U2 are both enjoyable platinum trophy games, I absolutely love them (CRUSHING mode is a pain though especially Uncharted 1).

#11 iKilledChewbacca

iKilledChewbacca

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:56 PM

tophies/achievements are stupid :lol:

#12 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:33 PM

No they're not... Not only they add replay values, they also a mean to control piracy of games.

#13 ORGAN1ZAT10N_13

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13

Two Best Friends Forever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:57 PM

Not to mention early sales on games that shouldn't be sold ahead of time

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13.png

ORGAN1ZAT10N+13.png

#14 madcatz1999

madcatz1999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:29 PM

36 games, and I've still never, ever gotten a platinum trophy (closest I got was Batman: AA, with 91% on my first and only playthrough), although I did 100% Joe Danger (no platinum). Too many games and too little playtime for me to worry about trophies -- I honestly don't shoot for them one bit unless they also unlock something else.

#15 Access_Denied

Access_Denied

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:57 PM

No they're not... Not only they add replay values, they also a mean to control piracy of games.

While I agree that they add replay value and more play time, I haven't the faintest idea of how they could possibly help control piracy.

#16 GuyWithGun

GuyWithGun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:06 PM

I just got my first platinum in Assassin's Creed 2.

I've been working on Modern Warfare 2, but am currently stuck because of the damned running of SSDD in under 30 seconds. And the fact that my buddy who was working throught the Special Ops missions with me doesn't play Special Ops anymore has slowed me down.
Posted Image

Thanks to Tiphireth for the help and modium for the pics.

#17 lude21

lude21

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:36 PM

Great Job OP! My first Plat was Alone in the Dark, followed by Bioshock, then Uncharted 1. I'm working on MOH Frontline now. The level im on now though (2nd to last) is a PITA tho!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:23 PM

I've yet to platinum a game, but if I were to do so it would be with Bioshock or Heavy Rain. I just don't care enough to go back and complete the tasks needed right now :/

#19 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:32 PM

Ahhh the feelings of the first platinum

Posted Image
If you can't KOF with the best
Than Street Fight With The Rest

#20 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:49 PM

My first was Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe, wooo! I'm gonna get my 39th platinum tonight when I finish the challenge mode in Ratchet and Clank.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#21 FroMann

FroMann

Follow FroMann!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:57 AM

My first platinum was Fallout 3, the second was WipEout HD. Definitely had to put a lot of time into the games to get them.

#22 dejeckt

dejeckt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:26 AM

Gratz on your first platinum.
My first and only one is Batman AA...for some reason my OCD kicked in for that game. I tried for Call of Duty: WAW, but I gave up after the 70th run trying to shoot down 50ish Zeroes or something. I attempted Resident Evil 5...but kinda gave up on that when DLC started to pop up and ruined the whole 100%.
On a curious note...does anyone know which person holds the most Platinums on PSN?

#23 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:37 AM

Gratz on your first platinum.
My first and only one is Batman AA...for some reason my OCD kicked in for that game. I tried for Call of Duty: WAW, but I gave up after the 70th run trying to shoot down 50ish Zeroes or something. I attempted Resident Evil 5...but kinda gave up on that when DLC started to pop up and ruined the whole 100%.
On a curious note...does anyone know which person holds the most Platinums on PSN?

AA is the one I really wished I had tried harder on. But by the time I went back to it, I just couldn't do it anymore and I couldn't get into the game. I'll have to start from the beginning anyway though as I need to beat it on the hardest difficulty.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#24 jaydepps

jaydepps

CAGiversary!

• Lowball Ban

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:43 AM

Still trying to get my first. Closest I have come is Bad Company 2 which I have 78% of the trophies.

Check out my Indie gaming site for news, previews, reviews, and giveaways!

#25 retro.elite

retro.elite

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:58 AM

My first platinum was Uncharted 2. Nov 1, 09. Three days later Uncharted Drake Fortune was my second platinum.

Posted Image

#26 dejeckt

dejeckt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:05 AM

AA is the one I really wished I had tried harder on. But by the time I went back to it, I just couldn't do it anymore and I couldn't get into the game. I'll have to start from the beginning anyway though as I need to beat it on the hardest difficulty.

In my opinion is that Batman AA is probably one of the easiest to get a platinum (seeing that I got it). Batman isn't too difficult even on the hardest level, just keep your head low and resist the urge to go gung ho. The hardest trophy was the one related to combat challenges, but once getting into flow of things it shouldn't be too difficult. The most tedious one is the riddler's bs.

Gonna go for plat with Vanquish, seems like the perfect game for it (plus extends game life)

#27 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:38 AM

:applause::applause:x infinity

Having real levels with a real challenge adds replay value for me. Trophies are just annoying. Moreover how do they control piracy? Those who were gonna pirate a game suddenly want to play the legal version because otherwise they won't get trophies for it?

I would think people pirating games would have other things to worry about than trophies.:razz:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#28 madcatz1999

madcatz1999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:20 PM

My friend who has pirated games on my friend's PS3 can still get trophies on my friend's PS3. He might not be able to sync with the server and have them "count", but he can still get trophies. He thinks online multiplayer is more of a deterrent than trophies, considering he just preordered Black Ops (albeit for the PC).

I personally can't remember a single time where I've tried to do something simply to get a trophy. I'm sure I'm in the minority there, but for me, trophies haven't added a single bit of replayability/playtime to any game.

Don't get me wrong, I like trophies. I think they're cool. I feel a sense of accomplishment when I get one. But I don't say "I'm going to kill 200 enemies with my combat knife even though I have ample supply of bullets" because I'll get a trophy for it.

#29 lewchief

lewchief

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:44 PM

I think Dante's Inferno was my first. That game sucked me in for some reason.

#30 dejeckt

dejeckt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:38 PM

:applause::applause:x infinity

I do agree that most trophies are frivolous, and just added in there just cause. However, there are trophies that seems worthwhile to go for. To me its personally no different from people doing raids to get that one piece of gear, speed running a game after beating it to get that one rocket launcher, trying to kill 006 really fast to get a gun you don't need, and/or trying to get knights of round summon. Most of the times those extra weapons/skins/in game items are really pointless and overkill, but people go for it because of that extra little tiny bit of challenge. I see trophies as those 'type' of challenges, but unlike those singular game challenges trophy system accounts for the whole of your gaming experience (well at least your gaming experiences for PS3).

Another way I see it is sort of like an individual set challenge online game. In the past where kids actually went over to their friend's house to play games, I remember playing single player games (such as Mega Man X) trying to out do each other. Essentially, I don't see it any different from people playing hours and hours of the same online multiplayer game (such as Modern Warfare 2, Street Fighter, etc); the trophies are essentially an indirect type of an online game.

Well this is how I see the trophy system, I'm not saying I'm right, but just trying to explain/justify why the trophy system is appealing to me.

Edited by dejeckt, 02 November 2010 - 03:42 PM.