• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#1 Mike@Gogamer

Mike@Gogamer

GoGamer.com Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:37 PM

Hello CAGs,

I am pleased to announce that GoGamer just launched today a new site featuring video games, guides, downloads, etc. for $10 or less.

http://gogamer10.com/

GG10 is right out of Beta and fully functional, so please check it out, place your orders, and give us your feedback on this thread.

Thanks, and happy hunting.

-Mike

#2 jk5000

jk5000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:43 PM

This is an awsome idea featuring only budget gaming and sales first one I have seen like this plan on shopping and browsing here.

#3 KeeperX

KeeperX

Yuppie Mephistopheles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:46 PM

Great idea, I like it. However, the site is running very slowly for me - around a 10s page load time, and I normally have no issues with GoGamer's core site.

#4 DeathDream

DeathDream

Thought the motto "Play More Pay Less" was "Pay More Pay Less" for whatever reason, its what my eye saw.

I'd switch those two around to Pay Less, Play More.

It was a WTF moment.

#5 Fatbot3

Fatbot3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

This is great. A couple of small tech issues that will hopefully get resolved but otherwise I'll bookmark this for checking on a regular basis.

#6 beard.

beard.

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:47 PM

Interesting idea, though so far none of the deals are that incredible as many of these can be found for this price elsewhere. Still, looking forward to other things that are offered.

#7 Brownjohn

Brownjohn

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:48 PM

I think this is awesome. I'll definitely be shopping here.
To each his own.

#8 Mike@Gogamer

Mike@Gogamer

GoGamer.com Official Rep

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:53 PM

Thought the motto "Play More Pay Less" was "Pay More Pay Less" for whatever reason, its what my eye saw.

I'd switch those two around to Pay Less, Play More.

It was a WTF moment.

Most our customers can read, so I'm not worried, but thank you!

JK, of course. Anyone else having this reaction?

#9 groundskeeper

groundskeeper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:58 PM

I thought it said Pay More Play Less.

JK, but my mind wants a comma,,,
CAG Not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

#10 Joartrak

Joartrak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:01 PM

Hmmm site just seems really slow. Other then that looking forward to some awesome cheap back titles for sure.
Posted Image

#11 kodave

kodave

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:11 PM

What does shipping start at? I can't even pretend to check out with something in my cart because the site isn't loading.

Because if its $2 or $3 I don't see many if any deals compared to what Newegg and Amazon price a lot of these games normally.

#12 shoe478

shoe478

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:12 PM

Start a new site and then insult potential customers, great idea! I'm not even going to visit the site now.

#13 Cantatus

Cantatus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:15 PM

I thought it said Pay More Play Less.

JK, but my mind wants a comma,,,

I vote for a comma as well.

#14 jcmproch

jcmproch

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:16 PM

Start a new site and then insult potential customers, great idea! I'm not even going to visit the site now.

Same here

#15 Bertyo

Bertyo

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:20 PM

Me too, also you made 2 threads, you're a pretty terrible rep.

#16 gargus

gargus

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:23 PM

This isnt about a deal. This should be in the general gaming thread or something since your not actually listing a deal.

Personally though I dont like it. Because of the extra shit you put in it loads slightly slower and its essentially the same thing as before only with a slightly different makeover. Its just more or less the exact same site as before, only with slightly different colors and everything smashed together even tighter It looks like a more cramped version of lamestops website in terms of layout. Hope you didnt pay someone to create this "new" site.

This whole thread feels more like a shameless plug instead of a actual one of wanting to know what people think.

And most advertisers know how to properly advertise.

No need to act like a horses ass. Pretty much guarnteed I wont bother looking at your site again until the holidays are over at the earliest. Besides dress the site up all you like what matters are your prices and gogamer has always been mediocre at best with shitty shipping prices. Customer service and cost, thats all anyone cares about in the end.

#17 Razen

Razen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:26 PM

Good prices but I clicked checkout then waited for the page to load and....nothing

I give up

#18 nnickers

nnickers

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:29 PM

Because no one, somehow, has said it yet:

Great deal!

#19 dedgeu2

dedgeu2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:32 PM

Awesome site! Bookmarked!

#20 redline

redline

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:33 PM

Interesting concept. I've never really had any issues finding games at the price point I'm looking for on gogamer.com, but I supposed a site with only games under $10 might appeal to some. Will the prices be identical on both sites? Or will you be pulling sub-$10 products from gogamer.com entirely? Might be a bit inconvenient having to check two sites now. I assume you'll have some sort of marketing push for GoGamer10 for the holidays?

#21 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:33 PM

Wow I'll just say it for him since I see a bunch of idiots in this thread. You're a bunch of idiots. He wasn't seriously insulting anyone. It was sarcastic humor, notice the next line where it says "JK". JK = Just Kidding.

Edit: And yeah site is way too slow. Also I dont know what you charge for shipping, hopefully it doesnt kill any deal.

And I'd change the thread title because as it's stated you're not posting a deal but looking for site feedback.

#22 Flowfaster

Flowfaster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:38 PM

lol.

Wait the games are new not used right? or did I miss something?

#23 gcorlett

gcorlett

For reals.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:38 PM

1) I agree with DeathDream. A comma would be nice there. You pick which order you put "pay less" and "play more".

2) Don't mind all the sensitive people getting on your case.

3) You need a "view all" button. I will not scroll through 10 pages of crummy PC games to get to the 10 or so gold nuggets that are in there. "10, 25, 50"? Not enough options when there's 490 games in the list. Should be "25, 100, All". Yes it's a bigger page to send, but you'll have fewer page refreshes. Should help your bandwidth issues.

4) I should be able to see my cart and shipping prices without creating an account or signing in.

5) My Gogagmer.com account? Can you make it work here, please?

6) Still no free shipping option? wtf? didn't we cover this already? :-)

#24 Mike@Gogamer

Mike@Gogamer

GoGamer.com Official Rep

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:41 PM

friendly banter, hence the "JK" for just kidding.

Obviously, I'm not retarded enough to insult the customers I'm trying to bring in.

Dry humor, guys.

#25 Bertyo

Bertyo

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:42 PM

friendly banter, hence the "JK" for just kidding.

Obviously, I'm not retarded enough to insult the customers I'm trying to bring in.

Dry humor, guys.

And yet, it would appear that you are.

#26 Rozz

Rozz

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:43 PM

This thread is off to a fantastic start.

I support Rozz 100%.

#27 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:44 PM

Sure, it was rude...

But I laughed.

#28 Mike@Gogamer

Mike@Gogamer

GoGamer.com Official Rep

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:50 PM

1) I agree with DeathDream. A comma would be nice there. You pick which order you put "pay less" and "play more".

2) Don't mind all the sensitive people getting on your case.

3) You need a "view all" button. I will not scroll through 10 pages of crummy PC games to get to the 10 or so gold nuggets that are in there. "10, 25, 50"? Not enough options when there's 490 games in the list. Should be "25, 100, All". Yes it's a bigger page to send, but you'll have fewer page refreshes. Should help your bandwidth issues.

4) I should be able to see my cart and shipping prices without creating an account or signing in.

5) My Gogagmer.com account? Can you make it work here, please?

6) Still no free shipping option? wtf? didn't we cover this already? :-)

We're def putting the comma in there, which should show that I took that comment seriously.

Very good feedback. The IT Manager will see this if he hasn't already.

Thanks.

#29 Mike@Gogamer

Mike@Gogamer

GoGamer.com Official Rep

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:52 PM

lol.

Wait the games are new not used right? or did I miss something?

They're new.

#30 Mike@Gogamer

Mike@Gogamer

GoGamer.com Official Rep

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:57 PM

This isnt about a deal. This should be in the general gaming thread or something since your not actually listing a deal.

Personally though I dont like it. Because of the extra shit you put in it loads slightly slower and its essentially the same thing as before only with a slightly different makeover. Its just more or less the exact same site as before, only with slightly different colors and everything smashed together even tighter It looks like a more cramped version of lamestops website in terms of layout. Hope you didnt pay someone to create this "new" site.

This whole thread feels more like a shameless plug instead of a actual one of wanting to know what people think.

And most advertisers know how to properly advertise.

No need to act like a horses ass. Pretty much guarnteed I wont bother looking at your site again until the holidays are over at the earliest. Besides dress the site up all you like what matters are your prices and gogamer has always been mediocre at best with shitty shipping prices. Customer service and cost, thats all anyone cares about in the end.

"A man calumniated...," as Herodotus would say.