Photo
- - - - -

Xbox 360 2010 Holiday Bundle w/Forza 3 and Alan Wake $299

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:17 PM

This years holiday bundle will be the 250Gb slim with Forza 3 and Alan Wake for $299. The downer is Alan Wake will be a downloadable token, so no getting a 2-disc box for cheap later on.

http://www.amazon.co...88818944&sr=1-9

Edited by mrosnwo, 03 November 2010 - 09:16 PM.
added amazon link

#2 Xfactor19990

Xfactor19990

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:20 PM

any good deals on this guys? I want a new 360! Oh and Kinect

#3 Conboy

Conboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:22 PM

Glad to see they are including Alan Wake in this bundle. It's a very underrated game one of the most overlooked titles of the year.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Wargamer

Wargamer

War is my hobby

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:26 PM

I was going to buy a 360 this weekend. Now I'll wait. Any ETA on it?

#5 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:31 PM

I was going to buy a 360 this weekend. Now I'll wait. Any ETA on it?

I'd imagine that now that it's November, the release is imminent. A week or two tops. Of course, the real deal will be on Black Friday when this same bundle will get some more added to it from various retailers.

#6 Wargamer

Wargamer

War is my hobby

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:41 PM

I'd imagine that now that it's November, the release is imminent. A week or two tops. Of course, the real deal will be on Black Friday when this same bundle will get some more added to it from various retailers.

I don't do Black Friday. I'm handicapped on a wheelchair and I've had a bad experience on Black Fridays. People go crazy.

#7 CountChoculitis

CountChoculitis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:43 PM

Wish they would have a 250GB bundle with the matte finish console instead of the glossy black one.

#8 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:49 PM

I don't do Black Friday. I'm handicapped on a wheelchair and I've had a bad experience on Black Fridays. People go crazy.

Last year, Amazon pretty much matched or beat the bundles that Walmart, GS, Best Buy or Target had for their holiday bundles, so keep an eye out for them when the BF deals start to get revealed.

#9 Wargamer

Wargamer

War is my hobby

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 04:06 PM

Last year, Amazon pretty much matched or beat the bundles that Walmart, GS, Best Buy or Target had for their holiday bundles, so keep an eye out for them when the BF deals start to get revealed.

I guess that would be a good option. Cool thing is amazon doesn't charge taxes here. :D

#10 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:44 PM

Seems like a decent bundle. I would upgrade my fat Xbox 360 to this, but I already have Alan Wake from Kmart and Forza 3 doesn't interest me since it was offered before.

#11 K_G

K_G

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:30 PM

I guess that would be a good option. Cool thing is amazon doesn't charge taxes here. :D

I'd definitely wait a bit longer...Black friday may have some good system deals (although last year I remember it more having full price systems with extra games/accessories packed in which sold out rather quickly) but there will likely be some gift card promos (last year walmart was giving $100 gift cards with the purchase of a 360 arcade), before and after thanksgiving, which might result in a better outcome (either extra games from the availability of the holiday bundle plus a gift card to buy a game you definitely want vs. some game you got packed in that you really don't care about.)

#12 ZildjianKX

ZildjianKX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:39 PM

I wish the 360 bundles came with the new controller with the improved d-pad :(

My 360 just RROD out of warranty and I want to replace it... but at this point I might just wait for the next gen.

#13 zizo79

zizo79

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:51 PM

This was announced yesterday by Major Nelson..

#14 fastitocalon

fastitocalon

I am red cyclone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:55 PM

I wish the 360 bundles came with the new controller with the improved d-pad :(

My 360 just RROD out of warranty and I want to replace it... but at this point I might just wait for the next gen.

Next Gen is a good 3 years away still.

#15 pun123

pun123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:54 PM

The Alan wake is good, but Forza 3 is CRAP they have a new version coming out with all DLC Forza 3 Ultimate Collection, if they would have included that then this would be a good deal.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:03 PM

Alan Wake is AMAZING. Unfortunately, this is the DOWNLOADABLE version, so it does NOT include the first DLC for free like the retail version. Boo on Microsoft for not including the DLC.

These are the games that I am currently playing:

:ps3: Batman: Arkham City

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Adventure Time: Hey Ice King Why'd You Steal Our Garbage

Here is a direct link to my trade list.

#17 dank

dank

for your health

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:36 AM

im in the market for new 360. dunno if i should bite on this or the kinect bundle....dont really care for either of these games being offered.

#18 redshadow

redshadow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2010 - 04:01 AM

Last years holiday deal of CoD MW2 LE Xbox, Assassins Creed 2, and Dragon Age Origins was the best IMO.

I'd love to see something like that, minus people fucking it for everyone else by ordering 10 of each game.

#19 Davivascaino

Davivascaino

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2010 - 04:03 AM

Quick question: if a buy a holiday bundle now (xbox, wii or ps3), and on black friday they decided to add something on top of the bundle (gift card, extra game etc), can I request them to "price adjust" and give me the extra stuff?

DaviVascaino.png         Davivascaino.png

#20 panasonic

panasonic

Joanna Dark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2010 - 04:17 AM

Quick question: if a buy a holiday bundle now (xbox, wii or ps3), and on black friday they decided to add something on top of the bundle (gift card, extra game etc), can I request them to "price adjust" and give me the extra stuff?

I think some stores exclude black friday adjustments.

#21 Wargamer

Wargamer

War is my hobby

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:26 PM

Amazon has it for sale now:
http://www.amazon.co.../amazon0b53-20/

I wonder if I should jump in and buy it before it goes out of stock or wait for Black Friday.

#22 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:51 PM

Seems like a decent bundle. I would upgrade my fat Xbox 360 to this, but I already have Alan Wake from Kmart and Forza 3 doesn't interest me since it was offered before.

Then sell the extras. Alan Wake is $40 retail for the disk and Forza 3 standard is $30 retail so you could probably make like $50 or so selling those on CAG, etc.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#23 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:55 PM

The Alan wake is good, but Forza 3 is CRAP they have a new version coming out with all DLC Forza 3 Ultimate Collection, if they would have included that then this would be a good deal.

Good luck finding that before Christmas. Turn 10 last week finally said that the UC is a soft release, meaning it won't be sent to stores until each individual store sells out of standard Forza 3 copies. Only a select few in Europe/Australia have been able to get it so far. People are PISSED on the Turn 10 forums and demanding they make the exclusive DLC (90 minute Top Gear vid, a Top Gear-themed car pack, and a premium theme) available seperately like they did with the VIP Pack that was originally just for those that bought the Gamestop exclusive CE.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#24 zeb06

zeb06

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2010 - 05:52 PM

Yep, starts shipping No. 5th. What kind of deals were on the holiday bundle last year? I know the arcade had a $100 GC at Walmart and $100 off on Amazon, but what about the holiday bundle? Need a new system but dunno if I should wait or not on this one.

Veign06.jpg       76561198006310375.png

Free iTunes and Amazon credit -- http://m.freemyapps....re/url/c1b61416

#25 zizo79

zizo79

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:07 PM

sold out

#26 zeb06

zeb06

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:27 PM

sold out

? In stock now at Amazon...they removed the Halo Reach Bundle from the systems page though. It said ships November 5th earlier, but now says it is in stock and shipping.

Veign06.jpg       76561198006310375.png

Free iTunes and Amazon credit -- http://m.freemyapps....re/url/c1b61416

#27 zizo79

zizo79

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:34 PM

just got one...I hope that I wont be disappointed if there is a better deal by BF

#28 K_G

K_G

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:49 PM

Amazon has it for sale now:
http://www.amazon.co.../amazon0b53-20/

I wonder if I should jump in and buy it before it goes out of stock or wait for Black Friday.

These holiday bundles don't usually run out for a while, although it sometimes takes a while for them to work their way through retail (some stores might be slow to put them out if they have lots 360s with no games bundled with them)....although with all the different 360 SKUs MS is putting out this season (plain arcade, holiday bundle, arcade bundle with kinect, elite bundle with kinect plus the pre-holiday bundle elite 360s already out there), it may not be as cut and dried for on supply this year....There will be plenty of 360s out there, but its a question of what kind, depending on the interest and demand for kinect (ie, does it pull in new 360 owners or does it only appeal to existing 360 owners, which means there will be tons of kinect bundles not moving this holiday season.)

#29 Wargamer

Wargamer

War is my hobby

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2010 - 08:39 PM

These holiday bundles don't usually run out for a while, although it sometimes takes a while for them to work their way through retail (some stores might be slow to put them out if they have lots 360s with no games bundled with them)....although with all the different 360 SKUs MS is putting out this season (plain arcade, holiday bundle, arcade bundle with kinect, elite bundle with kinect plus the pre-holiday bundle elite 360s already out there), it may not be as cut and dried for on supply this year....There will be plenty of 360s out there, but its a question of what kind, depending on the interest and demand for kinect (ie, does it pull in new 360 owners or does it only appeal to existing 360 owners, which means there will be tons of kinect bundles not moving this holiday season.)

I don't care for Kinect bundles because I can't use it. As I said before in the topic, I'm handicapped and wheelchair bound, Kinect is a no wheelchair zone.:bomb:
I am still pondering if to go play it save and buy it sooner than later.

#30 zizo79

zizo79

Posted 03 November 2010 - 09:15 PM

So what do you guys think ? deal or no deal ? Did Amazon have a good deal on the 360 last year (I don't remember)?