Preorder Halo Reach Noble map pack @ Gamestop get flaming helmet for Avatar

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#1 shaneatlh

shaneatlh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:34 PM

Preorder the Halo reach noble map pack at Gamestop and get a code for a flaming halo helmet for your avatar. In-Store Only So far.
http://www.gamestop....ng/haloreachdlc

Good deal to make your avatar more Awesome:D

Post if you are getting the maps at Gamestop or from Mi¢ro$oft

Edited by CheapyD, 24 November 2010 - 02:12 PM.
wanted to add reach to the title

I got more Bank than Hillary Banks and Tyra Banks at a bank on Gulfbank.:)

#2 kataztrophik

kataztrophik

Rochambeau! I win.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:36 PM

Preorder the Halo reach noble map pack at Gamestop and get a code for a flamming halo helmet for your avatar. Seen this posted on anther site.
http://www.joystiq.c...flaming-helmet/

Good deal to make your avatar more Awesome:D

Oh for your avatar. At first I thought this was the Flaming Helmet DLC for in-game, like was released with the legendary editions.

#3 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:36 PM

Why would you ever need to preorder downloadable content?

The whole concept just seems ridiculous to me.

#4 shaneatlh

shaneatlh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:38 PM

yeah it is ridiculous but at least you get something free out of it

#5 Envel

Envel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:38 PM

Thanks OP. I was going to get it anyway so this is icing on the cake :]

#6 Trastan

Trastan

Always caffeinated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:41 PM

Heh... flamming...

Aw, he fixed it...

Edited by Trastan, 12 November 2010 - 07:23 PM.

#7 mcdaking84

mcdaking84

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:54 PM

lol this is so stupid

#8 Darthstryk3R

Darthstryk3R

Sith Happens!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:55 PM

I too thought it was the ingame dlc had to re read it. I'll probably get from gs too considering I was gonna get it anyway.

#9 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:17 PM

I wonder how much morons on ebay will pay for this thing.
"I am the Walrus" "Shut the Fuck up Donnie"

Posted Image

#10 dapunisure

dapunisure

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:51 PM

I was going to get this anyways so I guess GS it is.

#11 Kamakazi010654

Kamakazi010654

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:49 PM

Won't you have to pay tax in-store? Making the the bonus kind of unfree compared to tax free MS points?

#12 Bervda

Bervda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:28 PM

Won't you have to pay tax in-store? Making the the bonus kind of unfree compared to tax free MS points?

Depends on your state, but most shouldn't.

#13 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:05 PM

Why would you ever need to preorder downloadable content?

The whole concept just seems ridiculous to me.

yeah it is ridiculous but at least you get something free out of it

There is no point in pre-ordering DLC, but if there are going to be more deals like this, I am all for it. There is so much freaking DLC nowadays that I feel like I spend more on that than I do actual games. A bonus is nice to get. Even If I don't want it, someone else probably will, and I'll be able to reduce the cost of the DLC a bit.

As the above poster said, it's going to depend on the state. Even if you do have to pay tax, I'm gonna bet clueless people eBay will end up paying a few bucks for these, rather than pre-ordering, so you'll still make out.

#14 droider

droider

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:29 PM

There is no point in pre-ordering DLC, but if there are going to be more deals like this, I am all for it. There is so much freaking DLC nowadays that I feel like I spend more on that than I do actual games. A bonus is nice to get. Even If I don't want it, someone else probably will, and I'll be able to reduce the cost of the DLC a bit.

As the above poster said, it's going to depend on the state. Even if you do have to pay tax, I'm gonna bet clueless people eBay will end up paying a few bucks for these, rather than pre-ordering, so you'll still make out.

Got to you agree with you, pre-ordering DLC is pretty dumb, but if they give back free stuff I'm not complaining anymore 8-):lol:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 malethief

malethief

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2010 - 12:10 AM

Geez gamestop with it's gaming monopoly. If this takes off, as I'm sure it will, they will start giving away free dlc when you but used games then the gaming companies will complain they don't make money from dlc now...

#16 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2010 - 12:46 AM

Cool, I'm down for the Gamestop bonus.

Edit: Hope I don't get robbed and murdered when I go there.

#17 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2010 - 01:40 AM

I wonder if the avatar helmet will go for as much as the in game one went.... I still don't understand why people were paying $80-100 for flaming helmet codes on ebay. Sold mine, ha.

#18 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2010 - 02:05 AM

Got to you agree with you, pre-ordering DLC is pretty dumb, but if they give back free stuff I'm not complaining anymore 8-):lol:

Yeah, I mean, I have seen a few people complain about it already, and I don't see the point. Free stuff is pretty good, in my opinion. If you don't want the helmet or don't think it will be worth anything on eBay, then just buy the DLC direct from MS.

And I just read on the PowerUp Rewards site that the code will be available on your account the day the DLC is released, so you only have to go into the store once.

#19 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2010 - 02:17 AM

I would get it, but I have 400 pts just sitting there in my account.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#20 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 13 November 2010 - 02:39 AM

If you want the avatar item, then it's a decent deal. Money-wise, it's cheaper to buy direct from your xbox account if you're on this website and you get point cards during deals. Paying $10 cash is more expensive than paying 800 MSP because those points were bought for less than $10.

#21 shaneatlh

shaneatlh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2010 - 03:52 AM

If you want the avatar item, then it's a decent deal. Money-wise, it's cheaper to buy direct from your xbox account if you're on this website and you get point cards during deals. Paying $10 cash is more expensive than paying 800 MSP because those points were bought for less than $10.

Its actually the same 800 points= $10 but if you buy points through xbox using a credit card they tax you so it is actually more through M$.

#22 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 13 November 2010 - 04:12 AM

Its actually the same 800 points= $10 but if you buy points through xbox using a credit card they tax you so it is actually more through M$.

Sorry. I meant buying direct using MS points, not a credit card. I still have an unused 4000 pt card (equivalent to $50) that I purchased for around $30 (?), so that's a 60% discount. Buying Reach map pack using my points would be the equivalent of $10 x 60% = $6, which is cheaper than buying from Gamestop or using credit card.

#23 breakingcustoms

breakingcustoms

Rule The Air

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2010 - 04:20 AM

meh...preordering DLC...crazy

596772.png

#24 jsvalmont

jsvalmont

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2010 - 06:15 AM

I dont see why preordering dlc is crazy; its not like i'm worried that im not going to be able to find a copy in a store somewhere of standard edition of game X when it comes out. I preorder because I find a great deal on it somewhere for credit or an item or something that I would not be able to get if I didnt preorder and just waited until release day for. I'm sure this flaming helmet item is worth the extra trip for some people and that's what Gamestop is betting on as well.

#25 djbooba

djbooba

Superficial Hitman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2010 - 06:25 AM

For Gamestop, this is a great move on their part. Not once, but twice, you end up in their store. If even 5% of the people buy something extra on either trip, the promotion will be worth it in their mind because it all comes down to dollars in the long run.

For the record, I hate Gamestop but I have to commend them for such a great move. I'll end up pre-ordering this solely because I want the helmet for my avatar. I was gonna buy the map pack anyway and my closest Gamestop is literally across the street from me.

#26 RawrrSlayer

RawrrSlayer

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:33 AM

For Gamestop, this is a great move on their part. Not once, but twice, you end up in their store. If even 5% of the people buy something extra on either trip, the promotion will be worth it in their mind because it all comes down to dollars in the long run.

For the record, I hate Gamestop but I have to commend them for such a great move. I'll end up pre-ordering this solely because I want the helmet for my avatar. I was gonna buy the map pack anyway and my closest Gamestop is literally across the street from me.

This, except mine is next to my work...lol
Posted ImagePosted Image

#27 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2010 - 02:31 PM

It depends on what state you live in whether you get taxed by Microsoft for online purchases. I never get taxed for buying MS points online through Xbox.com.

Sorry. I meant buying direct using MS points, not a credit card. I still have an unused 4000 pt card (equivalent to $50) that I purchased for around $30 (?), so that's a 60% discount. Buying Reach map pack using my points would be the equivalent of $10 x 60% = $6, which is cheaper than buying from Gamestop or using credit card.

$20 off of $50 is a 40% discount. The cost to you was 60% of regular price, not a 60% discount.

#28 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2010 - 04:12 PM

Well, if you have a PowerUp Rewards account (the basic is free, so everyone who goes to GS at all should have one), you only have to go the store once. The content will be delivered to your account on release day. But yes, you're right. Good move by GS to get people to make extra trips to their store.

#29 robot

robot

stop touching me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2010 - 04:17 PM

Wonder if this will go for $80+ on ebay like the in-game flaming helmet

#30 merkman

merkman

CA is better than DA.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2010 - 05:49 PM

Totally all OVER this. Need two, one for each console. But I'd LOVE to be able to do the whole thing online through the website. Was HOPING they were putting it out there this morning when the site was unavailable... but I couldn't find it a couple minutes ago when I did a search... :(
"Remember, remember, the fifth of November - the gunpowder, treason, and plot.

I see no reason the gunpowder treason should *ever* be forgot."