Photo
- - - - -

Super Meat Boy Pre-order - $10 (Steam Version)

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 GenJox

GenJox

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2010 - 11:00 PM

http://store.steampo....com/app/40800/

Much like the 360 version of Super Meat Boy, early adopters save $5. It doesn't come out until next Tuesday so I don't think that there will be any chance for a BF sale.

One thing that you should note is that there are two versions of the game on PC - the Steam version has the Headcrab as a playable character and all other versions have the Goo ball (from WoG) as a playable character. Both replace Gish from the 360 version.

Edited by GenJox, 23 November 2010 - 11:28 PM.

#2 Asgardian

Asgardian

Crazy Ass Game Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2010 - 11:26 PM

Great news indeed!!! Thanks OP!!!

#3 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 23 November 2010 - 11:28 PM

Glad to see it's up, depending on how much I spend on the BF deals I'll probably pick this up.

#4 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 23 November 2010 - 11:36 PM

we need all the characters. im buying it regardless.
"I am the Walrus" "Shut the Fuck up Donnie"

Posted Image

#5 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2010 - 12:15 AM

Thanks op. I think I will wait for Steam's holiday sale to hopefully pick this up even cheaper (already have the 360 version, so no rush).

#6 daminion

daminion

Posted 24 November 2010 - 12:28 AM

pre-orders on digital content makes me laugh. it's not like they are going to have a shortage on the day of release.

#7 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 24 November 2010 - 01:00 AM

pre-orders on digital content makes me laugh. it's not like they are going to have a shortage on the day of release.

$5 less, read before you post.

#8 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:52 AM

That's not entirely true. Most games on Steam still have associated CD keys and they can run out of those. Last Holiday sale Steam ran out of CD keys for Bioshock and couldn't sell anymore during the sale.

#9 Rirse

Rirse

The Death of Grammar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:54 AM

That's not entirely true. Most games on Steam still have associated CD keys and they can run out of those. Last Holiday sale Steam ran out of CD keys for Bioshock and couldn't sell anymore during the sale.

Actually it was Prey that ran out of CD Keys, and Bioshock was bought in to take it's place. And then Prey got delisted from the store for purchase.

#10 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2010 - 05:00 AM

Actually it was Prey that ran out of CD Keys, and Bioshock was bought in to take it's place. And then Prey got delisted from the store for purchase.

Whoops, you're right, confused the two; point is still valid though!

#11 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2010 - 06:16 AM

And then Prey got delisted from the store for purchase.

Oh wow. Good thing I already registered my retail copy with them.

#12 FurryCurry

FurryCurry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2010 - 06:36 AM

we need all the characters. im buying it regardless.

^THIS!

I'm mad that it works that way. Maybe down the road they can add back the XBLA content. I doubt it but ya know, there's hope.

Buy everything! QUICK!

Posted Image

Forget the old lady! Shop! NOW!

#13 Nyxaz

Nyxaz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2010 - 07:36 AM

World of Goo character will be available with the Steam version as well. But the headcrab won't be on non-Steam. So really, there's only one place to buy this. ;)

From SMB site

#14 fore1337

fore1337

Back to a normal avatar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2010 - 07:47 AM

So it sounds like each platform is getting a unique avatar. Headcrab ftw!

steam_sig-400.png

#15 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2010 - 08:41 AM

To be fair, when was the last time you went to a major electronics store on day of release and found a big name title sold out, anyway?

Shortages on software are fairly rare these days.

Pre-orders are good for companies, ensuring sales on day one at full price, and good for gamers (lately), as we get badass bonuses (like Amazon and Kmart coupons).