109 replies to this topic

#1 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:07 PM

Saw this at SD, thought it was worth mentioning. Lots of great prices here.\\

Thanks to WTK for some updated tiles:

Here are a few more titles including the previously mentioned FMA: Brotherhood.

Ghost in the Shell: Season 1 (Anime Legends) - $22.99

Venus Versus Virus: The Complete Series S.A.V.E. - $7.50

Virus Buster Serge Box Set - $18.99

Tactics the Complete Series - $23.49

Glass Fleet Box Set S.A.V.E - $12.49

Gigantor: The Collection Vol. 2 (1965) - $15.99

Kodocha: The First Season (2010) - $13.99

Kodocha: The Second Season (2010) - $13.99

Galaxy Railways: Box Set S.A.V.E. - $12.49

Macross Plus - The Collection (Two-Disc Set) (1995) - $17.99

Shattered Angels: The Complete Collection (2010) - $9.49

School Rumble: First Semester S.A.V.E. - $13.49

School Rumble: Second Semester S.A.V.E. - $12.99

Aquarion: Complete Series Box Set S.A.V.E. (2010) - $12.99

Moeyo Ken: The Complete Series S.A.V.E. - $8.49

Fullmetal Alchemist: The Complete Second Season (Viridian Collection) - $20.99

Solty Rei Box Set S.A.V.E. - $12.49

Kanon: Complete Series Box Set S.A.V.E. (2010) - $12.99

Air TV: The Complete Series S.A.V.E. - $9.49

Street Fighter II V: The Collection - $17.99

Heat Guy J: The Complete Series Box S.A.V.E. - $13.49

Edited by ssjmichael, 13 December 2010 - 05:51 PM.

#2 zenintrude

zenintrude

habitual line stepper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:19 PM

Interesting, but some of those series must look like ass... for example, they took Heat Guy J from 7 discs down to 4.

I wonder how badly the quality suffers.

YOU'RE GOING TO A NIGHTMARE PROM!

my trade list... lots of games for most systems

#3 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:23 PM

Interesting, but some of those series must look like ass... for example, they took Heat Guy J from 7 discs down to 4.

I doubt the quality has changed at all. The total runtime is 650 minutes across those 4 discs. They could easily fit that on 4 discs without losing any quality. They likely just stretched out the individual volumes to get more $$$

#4 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:56 PM

They're also going from single-layer to dual-layer discs, so there shouldn't be any reduction in quality.
Posted Image

#5 zenintrude

zenintrude

habitual line stepper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:57 PM

I doubt the quality has changed at all. The total runtime is 650 minutes across those 4 discs. They could easily fit that on 4 discs without losing any quality. They likely just stretched out the individual volumes to get more $$$

You shouldn't shove much more than 120 minutes on a DVD... this is the reason that releases like Seven Samurai and extended edition of The Lord of the Rings films have been broken up into two parts across two discs.

At 125 minutes a disc (which is 5 episodes), they should take up at least 5 discs. Realistically, they should take up 6 discs to maintain optimal image quality.

Even with improved compression technology, four discs for 650 minutes is stretching it... especially for animated content which, even on Blu-ray in its infancy, has been notorious when it comes to suffering from digitization.

YOU'RE GOING TO A NIGHTMARE PROM!

my trade list... lots of games for most systems

#6 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:59 PM

All I'll say is listen to Kirin on this one.

#7 coolsteel

coolsteel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2010 - 07:03 PM

Bingo that isn't an issue. Weird list though some real random stuff marked down.

#8 WTK

WTK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2010 - 10:04 PM

It's part of their Cyber Week Sale. A few more additional titles are included in the link as well.

#9 coolsteel

coolsteel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2010 - 10:40 PM

For those looking for something to buy, Gankutsuou is it

#10 wormraper

wormraper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:02 PM

f@ck!!!! right in the middle of the holiday blitz. been meaning to pick up Tokyo Majin. $13.99 isn't too shabby

#11 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:03 AM

How are Air and Konan?
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#12 rothgar24

rothgar24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:10 AM

Does the street fighter II V suck or what? 800 minutes for 18 bucks seems pretty solid.

#13 jidouteki

jidouteki

運命を切り開く

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:28 AM

Does the street fighter II V suck or what? 800 minutes for 18 bucks seems pretty solid.

It's so loosely related that it could have been called something else despite having the main cast. All of the characters are really different in design and background save for a few. I like it for nostalgia's sake but it's not necessarily good.

#14 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:36 AM

Every time I see an anime sale I get excited, and then I realize how much anime I don't care about can go on sale instead.
Posted Image

#15 Indecisive Rattle

Indecisive Rattle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2010 - 02:01 AM

Every time I see an anime sale I get excited, and then I realize how much anime I don't care about can go on sale instead.

Same, and for the few on sale that I do like, I had already bought when they were nearly three times this price so it's even more depressing.

#16 G-Nitro

G-Nitro

TheOtakuGamer.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2010 - 02:19 AM

I picked up a bunch just to clear out the massive boxsets I have on my shelves.

G-Nitro.com is my blog about Gaming, K-Pop, Anime and more!
Follow me on Twitter
XBL: GNitro MWS Steam: G-Nitro PSN: G-Nitro (Message me with who you are or I will probably ignore)

#17 Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane

Dr. StrangeCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:45 AM

How are Air and Konan?

I love Air personally, (also the movie is quite good) the animation is bright for the most part and its a up and down series emotionally. Cant speak for Konan
Dr. Strange CAG- Or how I learned to stop worrying and love cheap stuff.

Posted Image
Christianity: The belief that a Jewish cosmic zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit from a magical tree.

#18 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:48 AM

For those looking for something to buy, Gankutsuou is it

This sounds pretty cool actually, thanks for the suggestion.

#19 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:22 AM

This sounds pretty cool actually, thanks for the suggestion.

It's the Count of Monte Cristo. In space.

You can't go wrong.

A word of warning though: it's dark. Very dark. It's some of the most soul-crushing stuff you will see. ;)

#20 Shinpachi

Shinpachi

Limited Blades Work

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:27 AM

There's more than just those on sale. Looks like all the S.A.V.E. boxsets, including Nerima Daikon Brothers, Pani Poni Dash, and Kurau.

#21 Rave Child

Rave Child

Castanets!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:42 AM

I picked up a bunch just to clear out the massive boxsets I have on my shelves.

I just took all your Pani Poni Dash on Goozex before I realized there was a S.A.V.E. boxset on sale for $14, haha. Oh well, I'll pick up a few other things from this sale I think, and I'll find room somewhere on my shelves.
My Guide Trade List

Follow me on Twitter!

I am looking for the following items and will pay good money for them:
Suikoden II jewel case and manual:hot::hot::hot::hot:

Posted Image

#22 shiny_dante

shiny_dante

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:46 AM

does anyone know if the little S.A.V.E thing is just a sticker on the case? because some of the other views show it with the S.A.V.E part, and im refusing to buy them if its part of the actual cover because it ruins the artwork to me

#23 WhipSmartBanky

WhipSmartBanky

Bring on the free hooch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:48 AM

Anything with giant, bouncing titties and even bigger rampaging robots?

Now that, my friend, is a shared moment.

about.me/wsb

#24 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:52 AM

How are Air and Konan?

Two of the greatest romance/drama animes around.

Edit: Though Kanon is MUCH better than Air

Edited by DarkSageRK, 01 December 2010 - 01:03 PM.

#25 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:53 AM

picked up both FMA Viridian sets and The Cont for 54$ so awesome!

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#26 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2010 - 05:02 AM

Dragon Ball Z Dragon Box 1 is $24.99.

#27 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 01 December 2010 - 05:23 AM

Oooh. My cart's at $126, which is a bit more than I want to spend. Anyone have opinions on Kurau, Ghost Hunt, Red Garden, Beck, Paniponi, or Rumbling? Never watched any of 'em, but they all look interesting enough. But if they're all fantastic, I guess I'll have to bite... X_X

#28 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2010 - 05:46 AM

Oooh. My cart's at $126, which is a bit more than I want to spend. Anyone have opinions on Kurau, Ghost Hunt, Red Garden, Beck, Paniponi, or Rumbling? Never watched any of 'em, but they all look interesting enough. But if they're all fantastic, I guess I'll have to bite... X_X

Beck is pretty solid. A guy who loves music learns how to play guitar and joins a band as the last piece of the puzzle. I liked it when I saw it on the Funimation channel.

And I'll second Gankutsuou. Great series, and surprisingly faithful to the source material. (at least, until toward the end, when the plot takes a left turn.) I liked that they told the story from Albert's perspective, giving the story a very different feel.

#29 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:01 AM

does anyone know if the little S.A.V.E thing is just a sticker on the case? because some of the other views show it with the S.A.V.E part, and im refusing to buy them if its part of the actual cover because it ruins the artwork to me

It's a green logo as part of the artwork, BUT it should be reversible for the original artwork

#30 Indecisive Rattle

Indecisive Rattle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:31 AM

I'm pretty sure the ones with the little green strip that covers the artwork are just stickers slapped on the previous expensive releases.

The ones where the whole spine of the case is green is part of the cover, but most of them have artwork on the other side so you can just reverse them.