Photo
- - - - -

The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XXIV - 5 for $20 on $9.99 and under Blu-Rays

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3350 replies to this topic

#1 io

io

Posted 05 December 2010 - 10:30 AM

Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

Blockbusters Facebook promo page:
http://www.facebook....app_17037175766

5 for $20 on used Blu-Ray movies active now (read the last pages of the thread for details)

Buy 1 Get 1 free on used games $14.99 and under may be returning at the end of May!

Below is a list of $14.99 and under games at Blockbuster...
Spoiler

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos, post any trade-in values you have obtained, and discuss new and used game selection and availability. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush (and Blockbuster for that matter) brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Amazon or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Blockbuster's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Blockbuster store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (BBVto Amazon to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from BBV.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers
- Depending on state law you may or may not get sales tax added to your trade-ins (and thus get more than normal). You will always be charged sales tax where applicable on purchases, even when using credit from a Value card.

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them (see here for a list of GR stores: http://www.blockbust...meStoreList.pdf) then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values. I'm going to elaborate on the last sentence as people apparently don't understand that when I say regular BB's have the same trade-in values as Gamerush that it means [highlight]regular Blockbuster stores accept game trade-ins just like Gamerush stores[/highlight].

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Most regular Blockbuster stores do not sell new hardware at all. They did a year ago or so and some may still have some of that stock, but they have stopped bringing in more to sell. They also no longer sell new games except for a few selected preorders. Regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Both Gamerush and regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for new games for a $5 deposit (or you can pay any other amount beyond that). Gamerush stores will get many more games in than the regular stores but unfortunately a preorder at either place is not a guarantee you will get the game. Sometimes they do not get certain titles in even if you preorder them months in advance. And even if they do get them, it tends to be a few days later than other stores.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

Current Trade-In Deals
There are no trade-in deals at this time nor have there been for a very very long time. They did however just recently cut down all their trade-in values to Gamestop-like levels (but without deals to make them more appealing as at GS).

Trade-In Values

Trade-in prices are usually universal at both Blockbuster and Gamerush, but can be wildly different at franchise Blockbuster stores. Used game prices change on Sunday with trade-in price drops following the next day (Monday). Thus any quotes given in this thread will almost certainly be good through Sunday of the current week. If you want to be sure to get the same value another CAG has reported then do your trading by Sunday as the price may drop on Monday.

Also note that many stores will no longer accept video games without cover art. This is the official policy for DVD trade-ins but apparently many clerks will confuse the two and not allow it for games either. Just beware that it might be a hassle if you have a disc-only game to trade.

Gamerush website
The old Gamerush web site is now defunct, but the following link will take you to Blockbuster online, which may or may not have some info there about games. I dunno - I haven't looked at it in years.

http://www.gamerush.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links to previous Gamerush Threads (dating back to June 2005!):
1 (by no means the first one but the earliest that can be found - check it out for some drama)
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Edited by io, 17 May 2011 - 08:30 PM.

#2 io

io

Reserved...

#3 io

io

Time for a new thread - figured I'd get it started before things got too busy...

#4 Chadt74

Chadt74

CAGoholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2010 - 10:42 AM

Just a thank you to io, Hawaiiboy and everyone else for the up keep of this thread. Figured that should be on the first page!

#5 Trance Addix

Trance Addix

AMG and M

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2010 - 10:49 AM

Will keep a look out, though my local BB have nothin special lol.

YZtI2yo.jpg

signoflash.jpg
  I love Pork.

#6 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:49 PM

Thanks

#7 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:55 PM

Just a thank you to io, Hawaiiboy and everyone else for the up keep of this thread. Figured that should be on the first page!

Hell yes! Seconded. :applause::applause::applause:

#8 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2010 - 01:01 PM

I think this is gonna be the last big blockbuster thread. Lets keep it classy people.

#9 funkflexmctough

funkflexmctough

Mmmm.....deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2010 - 01:33 PM

It's so clean in here...
Posted Image

i buy that used games .i don,t have any problem

#10 GoVols

GoVols

Posted 05 December 2010 - 02:29 PM

Thanks guys for all you do!!! You make each Christmas amazing!!! Can anyone say..."Backlog!!!"?
Nobody Beats A SuperCAG Deal!!! Nobody!!!

#11 RanchLizard

RanchLizard

Need more time for games!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2010 - 03:02 PM

Thanks, io and hawaii boy! Should be a fun week!

#12 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2010 - 03:03 PM

Nothing in the OP This time about not saying tagged, lol.

538822.png

#13 dabamus

dabamus

Posted 05 December 2010 - 03:08 PM

Got my flip cheatsheet made up and ready to roll! Now to get my car back!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Too bad I see him being hit by a parked bus in the near future.

#14 jetsaredim

jetsaredim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2010 - 03:48 PM

Got my flip cheatsheet made up and ready to roll! Now to get my car back!

Care to share with the class?
Posted Image

#15 Gertle627

Gertle627

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2010 - 03:49 PM

Yay new thread! Did anyone find out yet if FME still gets $22?

#16 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 05 December 2010 - 03:50 PM

Nothing in the OP This time about not saying tagged, lol.

Maybe enough people(including me) learned how to go to thread tools and add a subscription to the thread?:D

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#17 dinobot

dinobot

Chicken Necker?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2010 - 04:11 PM

alright! new thread...

thanks io!

#18 dyeknom

dyeknom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2010 - 04:24 PM

It's a shame i picked up WKC from Amazon for 15, getting it for 7.50 used is an awesome deal.

#19 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2010 - 04:28 PM

So wait just curious... SFIV is still $15? But SSIV is down to $20?

Here's to hoping SSIV drops in time for the BOGO sale...definitely should it's been at $20 for a while now hasn't it?

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#20 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 05 December 2010 - 04:32 PM

It's a shame i picked up WKC from Amazon for 15, getting it for 7.50 used is an awesome deal.

My one friend from PSN/CAG just picked it up for $5 from Kmart with one of those Fallout New Vegas coaster coupons last month or so, since it's only $20 new there along with Nier and a bunch of other titles.;)

Posted Image

#21 dabamus

dabamus

Posted 05 December 2010 - 04:35 PM

Care to share with the class?

Nope. I try not to help lurkers and people that post only when it benefits them. (not saying you are one, but I want everyone to do their own hard work like I did)
Posted Image

Posted Image

#22 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2010 - 04:39 PM

Nope. I try not to help lurkers and people that post only when it benefits them. (not saying you are one, but I want everyone to do their own hard work like I did)

Does your "plan" involve putting in a premature Amazon trade in to lock in prices? lol Or are you all about GS's 50% bonus later that week? Because you know with GS's bonus they will be universally lowering TiV's. Not saying it won't still be worth it but sort of hard to plan ahead based on GS's ever changing prices.

233526.png

#23 theeipi

theeipi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2010 - 04:43 PM

I still can't find any gs - BBV flips to make things worthwhile
e^(ipi) = -1

#24 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2010 - 04:44 PM

bullshieet ... you stir them up as much or more than any member,

then stop the bragging and car posts... we get it...

sad or funny as hell if some lurker swoops in on your area to search...

#25 dabamus

dabamus

Posted 05 December 2010 - 04:46 PM

Yes, it would be funny as hell if someone beat me to it.

I have pretty much the last 3 BBVs that I know of in NEOH.

Anyways, if I can get my car back then I'll flip to GS with the trade 6 get 40% + 10% for PU.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#26 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:07 PM

I'll be in the Cleveland area for the deal, the race is on.

#27 Lord Fitz Chivalry

Lord Fitz Chivalry

Founded Fitzys Goods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:12 PM

Yes, it would be funny as hell if someone beat me to it.

I have pretty much the last 3 BBVs that I know of in NEOH.

Anyways, if I can get my car back then I'll flip to GS with the trade 6 get 40% + 10% for PU.

Have you found more then 8 worth while flips....?

#28 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:14 PM

Does your "plan" involve putting in a premature Amazon trade in to lock in prices? lol Or are you all about GS's 50% bonus later that week? Because you know with GS's bonus they will be universally lowering TiV's. Not saying it won't still be worth it but sort of hard to plan ahead based on GS's ever changing prices.

How'd you know I already preemptively locked in some TIV's to Amazon? ;) I know I'm never going to find enough copies of the two games I'm mainly after to make it worthwhile, but you never know. I plan on scouring the local BBV stores today to see if any copies of the two I locked in are around. If not then I can sleep in on Tuesday and not give a crap.

The way it is I have 3-4 pending Amazon trades which are just gonna expire since I can't find the games to complete them. :cry:

Posted Image

#29 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:22 PM

Just out of curiosity has anybody had trouble trading in games to Amazon from BBV? I ask because many times they write numbers on the games/cases. I tried to trade in my ME 2 from BBV and they rejected it for seemingly no reason. Only thing I could tell was that the case has 001 written on it (which I can scrap off no problem, if I would've known) and the cover art is a tiny bit sun-faded.

233526.png

#30 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:28 PM

That's why I nitpick over copies of used games I buy from stores, since I never know when I might try trading them into someplace that is more selective than Gamestop.

I have had employees bring out 3-5 copies of games before and let me see each disc before I choose one and I always make sure to get the case/artwork/manual and that it's not faded from being in the sun or whatever.

Many Blockbuster stores will keep the extra manuals/cases/artworks in one of those huge drawers back behind the counter, so if you want the best condition copy just ASK.

Moreover, if your disc has some writing on it, just use a tiny dab of something like lighter fluid on it, let it sit for a second or two and then GENTLY wipe it. It should take the marker right off.;)

For sticker residue left on cases, just use a piece of clear packing tape or the sticky part of the sticker(s) you just removed. Re-stick the tape/sticker on the spot with the residue and quickly remove to remove any leftover residue.

Posted Image