Dark Sector Xbox360 ($6.69) PS3 ($8.35) Fulfilled by amazon

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 hwmusic

hwmusic

Bloodrocuted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2010 - 03:33 PM

Sorry if this has been mentioned. Also Brutal Legend is $12.05 (Xbox 360)

#2 hwmusic

hwmusic

Bloodrocuted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2010 - 03:38 PM

Does this look like a good deal? Dark Sector got decent reviews.

#3 mxpowar

mxpowar

Menace II Sobriety

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2010 - 03:56 PM

Does this look like a good deal? Dark Sector got decent reviews.

This is a good deal but this game has been close to this price many times throughout the year and possibly last year as well so anyone who was interested in it probably already has it. Also, it's a very underrated game.

Nevertheless, thanks for the post, OP, and welcome to CAG.

#4 mike.m

mike.m

Posted 05 December 2010 - 04:43 PM

If by chance you haven't played Dark Sector, I think you should if you're into the 3rd person cover/shoot games. I thought it was pretty well done, but the controls didn't feel crisp at times. Worth the cheapass price. Multiplayer is dead though and you'll have a hard time getting those achievements. If you're into that kinda thing.

#5 bigjay

bigjay

Posted 09 December 2010 - 05:45 AM

"Dark Sector" is definitely worth buying for the above-mentioned prices. It has been in my backlog forever, but I finally took the time to start playing it and finished it over the weekend. Even though it is almost 2.5 years old the graphics stand up well next to newer games on the Xbox 360. Like mike.m said the controls aren't as tight as I prefer, but the ability to utilize the glaive and some of the other abilities that Hayden develops over the course of the game make it a unique experience that I enjoyed.
Now Playing:

Portal (PC)
Torchlight (PC)
Fable 3 (Xbox 360)
Mirror's Edge (Xbox 360)
NBA Jam (Xbox 360)

#6 brkptr

brkptr

This was a triumph

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2010 - 01:54 PM

Adding another vote for dark sector. I picked it up a year or two ago for ~$8 and definitely got my money's worth. It's not the most polished game but it's legitimately fun - slicing up bad guys with a flaming boomerang is a good time.
I should probably get back to that game and finish it up at some point actualy - I've been stuck on the same second-to-last boss for a long time.

#7 SevereTrauma

SevereTrauma

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:09 PM

Dark Sector is definitely worth it. 6-8 of my online friends all picked it up last year and the MP was pretty fun with a whole room of friends.
Posted Image

#8 angelfly

angelfly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:33 PM

I thought the demo was decent so I might jump on this.
Posted Image

#9 gamerdogbert

gamerdogbert

Canine Potentate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2010 - 05:32 AM

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE game! One of the worst I've ever played. It tries to be Resident Evil 4 and Gears Of War and falls way short. I'd rather play Quantum Theory than Dark Sector, and I won't touch QT with a 10-ft pole (I've learned my lesson LOL).

#10 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2010 - 05:33 AM

This game is WAY better than Quantum Theory dude.

Wouldn't pay more than $5 at this point for it though.
76561197996844513.png

#11 JSP

JSP

Return to my Roots

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2010 - 05:36 AM

I picked this up at around the same price when MovieGallery went out of business, and I loved it. It's a Gears clone, yeah, but the glaive is fun enough to make it distinct and it's short enough that you can get through quickly.
Posted Image

where scoob

#12 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2010 - 05:42 AM

You can get a used copy at GS for 3.99 (or less) using code SAVE20

#13 Irukandji

Irukandji

Gold Guns Girls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2010 - 05:44 AM

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE game! One of the worst I've ever played. It tries to be Resident Evil 4 and Gears Of War and falls way short. I'd rather play Quantum Theory than Dark Sector, and I won't touch QT with a 10-ft pole (I've learned my lesson LOL).

I liked dark sector more than gears. ps: having an over the shoulder camera view doesn't mean it's trying to emulate another game.

card.png

#14 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2010 - 05:55 AM

This is a good deal but this game has been close to this price many times throughout the year and possibly last year as well so anyone who was interested in it probably already has it. Also, it's a very underrated game.

Nevertheless, thanks for the post, OP, and welcome to CAG.

Indeed. I bought this game new from Amazon when BioShock 2 dropped to $19.99, and this game (Dark Sector) was only $5.99 for the 360.

The game is decent and enjoyable in the later levels. It's not really necessary to hold out for a 70 cent lower price for a game still in its shrink wrap. ;)
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#15 gamerdogbert

gamerdogbert

Canine Potentate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2010 - 06:18 AM

Terminator: Salvation is 5x the game that Dark Sector is, and that is sad.

#16 The Carrot Cake Kid

The Carrot Cake Kid

Luvs Creamy Frosting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2010 - 07:43 AM

Here we go again with the Dark Sector "deals".

Quick! Someone find a sweet price for Bionic Commando too.

#17 Nova_01

Nova_01

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2010 - 06:04 PM

Its not a steak dinner with all the sides, but Dark Sector is a nice cheese-slice-and-soda of a game. Its linear, short and enjoyable. A fun breezy play through.

#18 Trance Addix

Trance Addix

AMG and M

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2010 - 06:07 PM

I picked it up for 6.XX on Black Friday - haven't played it though lol.

YZtI2yo.jpg

signoflash.jpg
  I love Pork.