$99 USED PSPGo System (Gamestop B&M)

• Please log in to reply
261 replies to this topic

#1 Vampjoe

Vampjoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:18 AM

Noticed at Gamestop today used PSPGo systems have dropped from $150 to $99. For some reason the website doesn't have used Go's at all so it's B&M only. Figured this would be nice for all the people that didn't pick it up for $150 on BF.

#2 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:11 PM

The Go's failure gets a little more rubbed in.

#3 Javansdaddy

Javansdaddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:15 PM

Is the PSPGo worth it? My son keeps saying he wants one, but I don't see any real advantages for it. He's already got a DSLite, not sure of this would be worth an additional investment for another handheld system in the house...
I weighed more than Jared from Subway
www.iweighedmorethanjared.com

#4 thrasher086

thrasher086

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:23 PM

If the PSP Go came with the 3 free games, is it tied to your PSN Tag or the PSPgo?

#5 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:28 PM

Is the PSPGo worth it? My son keeps saying he wants one, but I don't see any real advantages for it. He's already got a DSLite, not sure of this would be worth an additional investment for another handheld system in the house...

If he has a DSlite I'd say no, but I really enjoy my PSPGo due to the form factor and not having to worry about carrying around games. I just throw the system in my coat pocket before a trip and I'm good to go.

#6 digitalplague

digitalplague

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:33 PM

psp go i say NO! psp 3000 is where its at.. it uses both UMD's and Digital (downloaded games).

#7 groundskeeper

groundskeeper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:36 PM

I noticed SAM Club had the white PSP go to $100. If they had not shuned PSP owers that have tons of UMD's and made some way of transferring those games to the Go then I think Sony would have had a winner.
CAG Not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

#8 groundskeeper

groundskeeper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:37 PM

If the PSP Go came with the 3 free games, is it tied to your PSN Tag or the PSPgo?

To the PSPgo not your PSN tag from what I have seen.
CAG Not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

#9 Javansdaddy

Javansdaddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:41 PM

If he has a DSlite I'd say no, but I really enjoy my PSPGo due to the form factor and not having to worry about carrying around games. I just throw the system in my coat pocket before a trip and I'm good to go.

Thanks for the input!
I weighed more than Jared from Subway
www.iweighedmorethanjared.com

#10 steve nash

steve nash

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:54 PM

Probably going to buy a couple of these. Can't wait for the eventual party time

#11 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:56 PM

Used systems won't honor the 3 free games (unless you can find a way around it).
The 3 free games are not tied to anything initially. So, you could buy your system, and sell your code if you have no interest on them. Please note
that there's nothing inside the box itself. You must register your system with Sony, then go online with your PSN tag using the system. You will
then be emailed the code.

They will be tied to your system after you activate them using your PSN tag. You're allowed to activate the games on 5 different systems via your PSN tag.
So, it's also tied to your PSN id.

#12 Lulgasms

Lulgasms

Resident Xbone hater

• CAGiversary!

Awww yeah. This is the price I would bite on for the psp go. Been having an itch to play those classic ff7-9 on the "go". Thanks for the heads up :D

#13 UltraMysteryDopplega

UltraMysteryDopplega

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

The PSP is a much, much better system than the DS (I have both), but I would not under any circumstances get the Go. Over the DS, the PSP gives you a much bigger and nicer screen, better controls, and a much more powerful system. PSP games are roughly like PS2 games at a lowered resolution and generally a lowered framerate. DS games are a lot more similar to PSX/N64 games. The reason to avoid the Go is that you don't want to lose UMD and be stuck buying games on the marketplace, and the older PSPs have easy to install emulators for pretty much every system and a perfect CPS2 emulator that lets you play greats like Aliens vs Predator (arcade).

#14 thrasher086

thrasher086

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:38 PM

Used systems won't honor the 3 free games (unless you can find a way around it).
The 3 free games are not tied to anything initially. So, you could buy your system, and sell your code if you have no interest on them. Please note
that there's nothing inside the box itself. You must register your system with Sony, then go online with your PSN tag using the system. You will
then be emailed the code.

They will be tied to your system after you activate them using your PSN tag. You're allowed to activate the games on 5 different systems via your PSN tag.
So, it's also tied to your PSN id.

Thanks for that info!

What would be the odds that the person before did not register the system meaning the code is still waiting.....

For me I am probably better off getting a new system since I want to games.

#15 punkmaggit

punkmaggit

Masashi Hamauzu > you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:56 PM

Thanks for the notice OP! I'll try and stop in and pick one up sometime this week (missed out on price-matching the Kmart deal at BB on black friday. :()

#16 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 03:08 PM

May just trade my 3000 for a Go; regardless of what plenty of elitist gamers will say - I need a system that actually fits in my pocket for it to ever get used; and most of my games are digital already so whatever. Yes I agree PSN's pricing structure is shit, but I don't buy any A-list PSP games. Got Lunar for $9.99 digital.

#17 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 03:29 PM

I'm still on the fence for a PSPgo. I have only one digital PSP game, three PSN games, one PSP mini, and three PSone games downloaded off of PSN. I'll wait until it is $99.99 for a new model PSPgo.

#18 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 03:31 PM

May just trade my 3000 for a Go; regardless of what plenty of elitist gamers will say - I need a system that actually fits in my pocket for it to ever get used; and most of my games are digital already so whatever. Yes I agree PSN's pricing structure is shit, but I don't buy any A-list PSP games. Got Lunar for $9.99 digital.

I have both and I prefer the Go, once I let go of using UMDs. The Go feels better in my hands and is a tad more portable.

The Go, as a concept, was not supported by Sony truly and I see why people dog on it. However, as a piece of hardware, it is my favorite in the PSP line.

#19 UjnHunter

UjnHunter

Posted 06 December 2010 - 03:46 PM

psp go i say no! Psp 3000 is where its at.. It uses both umd's and digital (downloaded games).

QFT!

Edit: Dear CAG, please don't automatically make my text lower case! Thanks!
-Ujn Hunter
Posted Image

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
PS3: Dead Or Alive 5
PSP Vita: Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Wii U: Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
iOS: After Burner Climax

#20 darkpice

darkpice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:23 PM

Still gonna wait for target to clearence these to $100 and use the carls jr coupon. plus, since sony will stop supporting the PSPGo (if it hasnt already), CFW will be on this and make these much more enjoyable.. not to mention that at the very least, its a SONY branded portable media player. music and movies on a descent size screen is also something to consider as well. Just my 2 cents.
Retail Store Hustler

#21 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:32 PM

Sure it's only $99, but save yourself some headache and buy a 2000 or 3000.

16Z462z.jpg

#22 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:39 PM

The PSP is a much, much better system than the DS (I have both), but I would not under any circumstances get the Go. Over the DS, the PSP gives you a much bigger and nicer screen, better controls, and a much more powerful system. PSP games are roughly like PS2 games at a lowered resolution and generally a lowered framerate. DS games are a lot more similar to PSX/N64 games. The reason to avoid the Go is that you don't want to lose UMD and be stuck buying games on the marketplace, and the older PSPs have easy to install emulators for pretty much every system and a perfect CPS2 emulator that lets you play greats like Aliens vs Predator (arcade).

Agreed 100%. I have several PSP systems, including the original "Phat" model, a few 2000s, and two 3000s. The PSP blows away the DS in terms of hardware; bigger screen, better resolution, more powerful CPU and graphics processors, better front panel controls, nicer form factor. The DS is just totally underpowered, low-res, awkward to hold, and 99% of the games are shovelware and kids games. And the silly 2nd screen is a gimmick, useless in almost every game released for the system. They should have focused on a single, larger, higher-resolution screen, instead of the gimmick of having 2 screens, when designing the system.

As for the PSPGo, I like the design of the hardware, but the digital games are a ripoff vs. UMDs. I much prefer to have games on physical media for any system anyway. When the PSPGo drops to under $100 for a new system, I'll consider getting one; but even at $150 new/$100 used, it isn't worth it, IMO.

#23 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:40 PM

Pretty good deal. If I had a little extra money, I'd be all over this.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#24 jkam

jkam

Smash It Up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:58 PM

The PSP blows away the DS in terms of hardware; bigger screen, better resolution, more powerful CPU and graphics processors, better front panel controls, nicer form factor. The DS is just totally underpowered, low-res, awkward to hold, and 99% of the games are shovelware and kids games. And the silly 2nd screen is a gimmick, useless in almost every game released for the system. They should have focused on a single, larger, higher-resolution screen, instead of the gimmick of having 2 screens, when designing the system.

What are we back at launch again? Everyone knows the DS won the war anyway...lol. My 2000 is great though. I game both and both are great in their own ways.

As for the PSP Go...at $99 I'm somewhat tempted but the 3DS is right around the corner...which is making me think twice.

#25 Y2Bogus

Y2Bogus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:59 PM

At this point I'm starting to wonder if the 6.20+ exploit will ever be released
Posted Image

#26 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:05 PM

Still $75 too much

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#27 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:17 PM

Agreed 100%. I have several PSP systems, including the original "Phat" model, a few 2000s, and two 3000s. The PSP blows away the DS in terms of hardware; bigger screen, better resolution, more powerful CPU and graphics processors, better front panel controls, nicer form factor. The DS is just totally underpowered, low-res, awkward to hold, and 99% of the games are shovelware and kids games. And the silly 2nd screen is a gimmick, useless in almost every game released for the system. They should have focused on a single, larger, higher-resolution screen, instead of the gimmick of having 2 screens, when designing the system.

As for the PSPGo, I like the design of the hardware, but the digital games are a ripoff vs. UMDs. I much prefer to have games on physical media for any system anyway. When the PSPGo drops to under $100 for a new system, I'll consider getting one; but even at $150 new/$100 used, it isn't worth it, IMO.

Yea, I am sure Nintendo is really regretting their decisions made with the DS..

#28 sapient

sapient

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 06:24 PM

At $99 this seems like a no brainer to me. I would also advise to get PS+ and get free PS1 and minis to use with this along with sales exclusive to PS+.

#29 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 06:51 PM

Not gonna lie, I do want a PSP despite having a ton of games for my DS and never playing games on my iPhone.

#30 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 06:58 PM

I'd recommend it at $99. I paid a little more than that awhile ago and I really enjoy mine.

And I'm pretty sure it's safe to say most of the people who only have bad things to say about the Go do not have one.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!