CAGcast #222: The Perfect Stranger

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 10 December 2010 - 07:59 AM

Sony gets dominated in November, IGN and GameStop join forces, and Wombat craves chocolate covered pork rinds. Tune in for the latest gaming and shopping news, your CAGbag and Twitter questions and so much more!

Download - 97 minutes, 58MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Support the CAGcast with these GoDaddy coupon codes:
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$7.49 domain = CAGDOMAIN

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):
Spoiler

Edited by CheapyD, 10 December 2010 - 08:11 AM.

#2 DietCokeJunkey

DietCokeJunkey

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:15 AM

Awesome, just what I needed in my time of boredom.

DarkZion9.png card.png

Yeah jay remedy was really the heart and soul of this thread.

story isn't outstanding.. but the fact you can rub a girl and make them naked? and hear them moaning ?

total worth my money

#3 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:15 AM

right on time!
Posted Image

#4 DougCL

DougCL

East Coast Elite

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:16 AM

a new cagcast! lets get creepy!
Posted Image oh word?

#5 Darknyss

Darknyss

Trophies 4TW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2010 - 12:41 PM

Something's wrong with your direct download link, Cheapy.

#6 hdcase

hdcase

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:23 PM

I think you guys were unnecessarily harsh on Harm's Way. Also you got a few facts wrong. It's not really a car combat game; it's more like a co-op game where one person on the team drives and tries to get in first while the other person on the team controls turrets along the race track and tries to take out the other players. It's really best played with a friend online against computer opponents.

Also it's a VERY easy 200/200 for you gamerscore whores out there. You can get the full points after a handful of games online with a friend.

I think you guys should give it another shot. Crash Course is a well made game but personally I think Harm's Way is much more fun and unique.

Other than that I love your show, keep up the good work.

#7 SuxoR

SuxoR

What choice did I have?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:24 PM

Breads done

1xz7eo.gif

#8 Xo ColdKilla oX

Xo ColdKilla oX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:29 PM

i really appreciate the work you guys put in. Starting from thursday night, i always check the twitter feed to see if a cagcast is coming. Keep up the good work!

#9 ocelot24

ocelot24

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:38 PM

There is a problem with the download link....when i click the link it takes me to a page of text

#10 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:48 PM

Thanks Wombat for mentioning that there's going to be some good stuff coming up in 2011 for the PS3. Here is a list of exclusives for PS3 in 2011:

Little Big Planet 2
Killzone 3
Infamous 2
The Last Guardian
Motorstorm Apocalypse
Twisted Metal
Resistance 3

Oh yeah and some game called Uncharted 3.

At least 3 of those exclusives could easily be competing for GOTY in 2011.

Now here is a list of exclusives for Xbox in 2011: Gears 3

So yes SONY got "dominated" by soccer moms throughout the land this holiday season. Next year though it will be a different story. A story involving real gamers.

#11 zebwinz

zebwinz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:50 PM

Hey Wombat, just remember when you are talking about Dance Central sales that the NPD numbers are US only, while the 2.5 million Kinect accessory sales is the worldwide sales number. Great show as always, and as always, Wombat is wrong about something.
Posted Image

#12 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:52 PM

I think the download problem is an Internet Exporer issue, try using another browser. I asked Cheapy to fix it but he said "no" and went back to eating gold eggs.

#13 ocelot24

ocelot24

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:54 PM

I think the download problem is an Internet Exporer issue, try using another browser. I asked Cheapy to fix it but he said "no" and went back to eating gold eggs.

I does not work with either safari or firefox

#14 hdcase

hdcase

Posted 10 December 2010 - 04:01 PM

Download worked fine for me.

My favorite part of the podcast was when Cheapy said "?�Qx&@7��x��~�׾���������w y[~�?�s���YVL�t��L��V�H���"u@E ���Q��+ ��Wt����K�C/��rK��4Y��*�gx'��.�b֞�Տ�.��m�����5����25�M~S/�����U�M���O�����G|9�o�?�o����
���:g���Z���������itP�FO�]�/ҟx��үM�ٮF��7�� �����td@�n�U/5�*"UGu(a5;�Z_�ݏ���p�0-�r�\���CF��Djb���C4��r�H_;dxi V�D���ń�$�%*R�{xwꗫq��Ic��P�ƴC'��VQ�;���>.����p�?C|��+k��{Է�'$~/����UM�}�ޡZ�3zVo������1�
�S��>�|��K麂�{��g�������A�o��=��ՠ��z�P������f_�e���������d����2���<��.�0��hK��D��<��&��ٱQ��(+*B�I��!��q���="�7���:�� �7(�cm+�V���C1���N�|@pm� 5�b !����G��U��g�;��t�C)Ӧ*L�S�r�="/]�jj���`�����o��C�N��.t�h�vR}5\7<,�����Ƿj܉!�af�vЛ� �5x�t[=u�8]��00GO�q�kcw-�tNۼM܊������?S�-���/'1��������8�a/�"%�vҺƖN�����jX���U��e�R�l,'����q�V��i�0��O�����G��!E$�.Ep)�
�����״8�o�9,䝱9�WW�a#m~&�`��(���<��B�Κz��}�5�n�ILI���9ڏ����+$��E*�m2F-D8��5*�A����6�)<hO����Q֚��Yp����X�]��E_����p_�Z��;��qg�:�b�q�r���bɺ��<�� ѪE��� �B��D� �����B���D��%�+^��9[�1g��9`X7f����1h�S�;k���4��d���y��W��4mm(?k�!6΅���n�Ú�7�����a����9
�t��PY.P���C��~���O[��յ{�b�+�q'�&�V՞���;9�[~3�}>�<��Vй�_�ɺE�$��G
Β�ۦ�%J��`��;{4S�;��R�#7S�pƴڂ�y$���a����lm�������/��������+�wB+sG��w�#���X�?����8~�{�u�t���p�6z5�oo�;ܤjK��Y6����K��)薫�����t���doR�����b_�}��^��CԽ��z/���d����z����0��A��f�_D������nk��~&�u���G�@YH�n�?m[���)��Y���C�r��/Ͽ
~�k���z_�~�����~���B�u��!��>��kj/�#��&�ߦ�)����g���/��N�]���~�����*.��I������_�/����3�o��n�w�E�~03��;��o���i�L:." It was hilarious!

#15 djsmf435

djsmf435

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2010 - 04:02 PM

I feel like I need Peter to send me chocolate covered anything :)

#16 dubbfoolio

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2010 - 04:12 PM

okay I chipped in finally. cause cheapy demanded it.

#17 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2010 - 04:14 PM

I gotta slow down. i read that too fast and thought CAG and GameScoop joined forces. I know a lot of you guys aren't fans of the IGN podcasts but for me that would have been an awesome awesome thing.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#18 figcoinc

figcoinc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2010 - 04:47 PM

World of Warcraft Cattackalysm. *facepalm*

#19 The Great BM

The Great BM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2010 - 04:49 PM

In regards to your comments about the potential disparity between Kinect hardware and software sales, I think there may be a segment of the population that have bought just the hardware for hacking purposes. It may not be a ton of people, but I've seen enough hacks to consider it a possibility.

#20 d-man777

d-man777

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2010 - 04:53 PM

Love the 'cast, guys. One chocolate treasure you missed--chocolate-covered bacon. My daughter and her aunt made this for me for father's day--pretty tasty. However, it had to be eaten in extreme moderation.

#21 Stryffe2004

Stryffe2004

Overlord of the Obvious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2010 - 05:01 PM

I think you all are dead on about Namco and its lack of promotion. Enslaved and Maijin are both solid games that got little or no promotion. Both had demos that helped convince me to buy them, but even the demos got little or no promotion.

I'm not sure pre-released games will solve the problem, but it defintely can't hurt. I think Dead Rising Case Zero is a good start. Have a prequel that ties right in to the final game and gives you some sort of bonus.
Posted Image

#22 meager

meager

mooseknuckle?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2010 - 06:20 PM

I can't believe any of you didn't bitch about the price of the Mario All Star collection. Isn't that usually Wombat's role? 30 bucks for 4 games that are already available on the Virtual Console for a total of 20 bucks. Are bonus features really a bonus if you're paying for them? I presume you all let this go because it's on the Wii so you don't care.

Did you guys play the Iron Man table on Pinball FX? All Iron Man ever talks about is his stock and getting his drink on.

Oh, and Kratos is a much better fit in Mortal Kombat than he was in Hot Shots Golf. (Was he in Soul Calibur? I thought that the Tekken guy was the only Sony exclusive to that series.) Will this Mortal Kombat be on the Wii so we can get Link disembowling people?

#23 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 10 December 2010 - 06:36 PM

Meager, Kratos was in the latest PSP version of Soul Calibur.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#24 zoward

zoward

Poster boy for irresponsible gaming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:14 PM

Just chipped in $10 for Child's Play. Cheapy, I find it interesting that you were more compelling in asking for money for Child's Play than you usually are when you're plugging business for CAG itself (maybe that's why I keep fogetting to use Amazon affiliate links when I buy games - sorry man!). Oh well, hope to hear you next week...

#25 InvaderZim

InvaderZim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:37 PM

Thanks Wombat for mentioning that there's going to be some good stuff coming up in 2011 for the PS3. Here is a list of exclusives for PS3 in 2011:

Little Big Planet 2
Killzone 3
Infamous 2
The Last Guardian
Motorstorm Apocalypse
Twisted Metal
Resistance 3

Oh yeah and some game called Uncharted 3.

At least 3 of those exclusives could easily be competing for GOTY in 2011.

Now here is a list of exclusives for Xbox in 2011: Gears 3

So yes SONY got "dominated" by soccer moms throughout the land this holiday season. Next year though it will be a different story. A story involving real gamers.

With the exception of Little Big Planet 2... not really impressed with what the old PS3 is going to offer in 2011. But, it's still a pretty good Blu-Ray player.

#26 meager

meager

mooseknuckle?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2010 - 09:38 PM

Meager, Kratos was in the latest PSP version of Soul Calibur.

Ooooh, that's right! I forgot my Sony Paperweight has the capacity to play games!

#27 grognard66

grognard66

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2010 - 09:39 PM

Great podcast, as usual. I love it when Wombat tries to sound so convincing when he's completely wrong (Dance Central attach rates, NPD vs. world-wide Kinect sales).
Posted Image

#28 GOTA

GOTA

Posted 10 December 2010 - 09:48 PM

I really enjoyed the discussion on the marketing of new games. The real issue though is something that Wombat touched on. The budgets for many of these new IPs are just way too high. Concepts and execution are pushed aside in favor of graphics and graphics equals expense.

Fans of Enslaved or Majin don't seem to talk about the look of these games as much as the stories and game play. Reducing the graphics to an average level would give them enough margin to drop the price to the a point where they could build an audience. That audience is going to carry forward to the sequel which means it can be given a larger budget and everyone can talk about what a huge leap forward this already good game too. We've seen that model with the Assassin's Creed series and with Mass Effect. It does work.

#29 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2010 - 09:52 PM

geez you all can be fucking morons sometimes.....well alot of the time. as far as xbox sales go what percent of those are people replacing consoles that have died on them? thats always been one of the major reasons i laugh at people gushing over xbox console sales they never factor in the new sales that are for current customers replacing dead consoles. and yeah some of the ps3 sales are too just not as many.

as far as wii sales go theres alot of fucking retards out there. and yeah im sure people are now picking up consoles because of kinect and move but how many would be interesting to know.

#30 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:13 PM

Great podcast, as usual. I love it when Wombat tries to sound so convincing when he's completely wrong (Dance Central attach rates, NPD vs. world-wide Kinect sales).

My point still holds, as I doubt worldwide sales of an American music game topped 2million. So I am not completely wrong. Also, you smell.