#1 Tha Xecutioner

Tha Xecutioner

Faith: Restored

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2010 - 11:58 PM

biowarelogo.png
me3banner2.png

me3logo.png

Earth is burning. Striking from beyond known space, a race of terrifying machines have begun their destruction of the human race. As Commander Shepard, an Alliance Marine, your only hope for saving mankind is to rally the civilizations of the galaxy and launch one final mission to take back the Earth.

ME3 Reveal Trailer:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=k3j1QgUMWcE

ME3 "Fall of Earth" E3 Gameplay Trailer:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=IJvrN6JijuU

ME3 "Squad Leader" GC Gameplay Trailer:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=6SoGlDpzFuQ

ME3 Multiplayer Announcement Trailer:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=vWaANoSZSzE

ME3 Special Forces Co-Op Multi-player Trailer:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=5u560s3QAls

ME3 FemShep Trailer:

Spoiler

ME3 "Take Earth Back" Trailer:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=eBktyyaV9LY

Mass Effect 3 N7 Collector's Edition Contents:
Spoiler

Coming March 6th, 2012

Edited by Tha Xecutioner, 26 June 2013 - 08:34 PM.

#2 Tha Xecutioner

Tha Xecutioner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2010 - 11:59 PM

OP DISCLAIMER (Please Read):

At first I wasn't going to make this thread because I knew that I'd be going on a bit of a media blackout with this game as soon as it got announced - and I felt like I may not be able to update the OP as much as a thread focused on this game deserves. However, after thinking about it a bit, I decided that I'd go ahead and create the topic anyways since I like to flatter myself as the torch bearer for anything Mass Effect-related here on CAG :lol:

The OP will be updated with the vital information that gets released for the game (actual street date, multiplayer info if any, different editions of the game, "official" trailers released at E3 and other big events, etc.). The things that won't be posted include (but not limited to): dev diaries, party member reveals, class previews, commercials, articles, rumors, leaked information, etc. Again, these are things that you will not find in the OP or posted by me in any of the posts. If you want to keep track of those various sources of information: talk with people in the thread, visit the BioWare forums, check the Mass Effect Wiki - there are numerous sources out there for everything you need. I'll even post links on where to go for that kind of information, as we move closer towards release. I'm doing this because I won't be seeing this information and because I don't want to automatically subject anyone to what may/may not be considered spoilers if I don't have to.

The other side of this idea of me not being as "involved" in this thread compared to ME2 is the fact that I won't be around in the thread as much to make sure that there is a degree of control when it comes to tagging information with spoiler tags. I'm proud to say that we did an amazing job with keeping spoilers to an absolute minimum in the Mass Effect 2 thread, especially considering that it's one of the largest threads on CAG. I'm fairly confident in the fact that you all are disciplined enough to know what should/should not be in spoiler tags, and I hope to continue the trend we had from the ME2 thread. Just remember that many of your fellow CAGs have been playing this series since the start, and they've worked just as hard or harder than you towards completing the first two steps of Shepard's goal to wipe out the Reapers once and for all - so keep that in mind whenever you decide to post the newest screenshot of a character in Mass Effect 3 or what some German article says about specific information regarding the game. If you see any posts that may contain a bit more information than you think is necessary for the average person to know about ME3, call that person out (nicely) about it. If you get hit with some "spoiler tags, please!" responses, don't fight about it or take offense to it - just do it. If someone chooses not to spoiler tag a post that definitely deserves to be tagged, report it to our mods and/or tell me and I'll even help to get it corrected (be sure to leave out the info that's spoiler-y, please!). To err on the side of caution, always post spoiler tags if you are posting any form of "breaking news" that isn't an official release from BioWare.

I realize that maybe 10 people will read this disclaimer and take it to heart, but I hope we can have an awesome discussion about what looks to be the greatest game of all time as we countdown this long, one-year wait. We had a lot of great discussions, debates, and different insights regarding the numerous aspects that the game and it's universe brings to the table in the Mass Effect 2 thread - and I know a large population of people from there will be making their way here as time goes on. We're all in for the long haul here, and we all are eagerly awaiting the conclusion to this epic story. Treat others with at least some respect (no matter how crazy their opinions/rants may be) and let's make the wait for Mass Effect 3 as enjoyable as possible.

Thanks.

Edited by Tha Xecutioner, 13 December 2010 - 12:52 AM.

#3 Zurezo

Zurezo

Say I Never

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:03 AM

I can't wait!

#4 Arikado

Arikado

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:04 AM

So. Much. Hype.
Posted Image

#5 Amblix

Amblix

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:05 AM

GOTY 2010 and 2011. <3

#6 Tha Xecutioner

Tha Xecutioner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:09 AM

GOTY 2010 and 2011. <3

You forgot "and 2012 - Eternity".

;)

#7 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:26 AM

Was that supposed to be Sheppard in the trailer? I used default Sheppard and it looks nothing like that.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#8 cgarb84

cgarb84

KEAK HEEM IN DA BALLS!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:53 AM

I wonder if there will be even more RPG elements missing from this one than there was from 2. The difference from ME 1 to ME 2 was fairly significant, I hope ME 3 doesn't lean even more towards being a straight up shooter. Oh well I will trust in Bioware until they let me down.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:55 AM

Game of infinity. I'm callin' it right now.

Edited by Ryuukishi, 13 December 2010 - 01:11 AM.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#10 Tha Xecutioner

Tha Xecutioner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:55 AM

I made a disclaimer in the 2nd post of the thread that I'd appreciate everyone reading. The important parts are bolded, but I think the entire message is pretty clear and fairly important.

Was that supposed to be Sheppard in the trailer? I used default Sheppard and it looks nothing like that.

Not only is it the default Shepard (or "Sheploo" if you're Joe Cool from the BioWare boards), but it's the only Shepard 8-)

#11 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Next Gen Calibrations

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:12 AM

GOTY 2010 and 2011. <3

This. Thanks for starting the thread Ex! Going to be some good discussion over the next year, boys.

mass_effect_n7_training_program_custom_lChubbyNinja1319.png

#12 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:14 AM

By the way X, very slick looking OP. I love the reflecty BioWare logo and the transparent ME3 logo; did you make those?

#13 Tha Xecutioner

Tha Xecutioner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:27 AM

By the way X, very slick looking OP. I love the reflecty BioWare logo and the transparent ME3 logo; did you make those?

Thanks, that scene in the reveal trailer was way too good to not include as the current banner for this thread.

Sometimes I actually do create the art for a sig, avatar, or banner that you may see me (or others...*cough* Arikado *cough*) pimping out, but for the most part I manipulate a lot of existing art and make the colors more vibrant, clean it up, make it transparent, etc. In this case, I cleaned up some already existing files of the BioWare logo (that I used in the ME2 thread), the ME3 logo, and that screenshot of Shepard looking out the window. I probably do just as much work on the art as the people who make them, I just lack their creativity :lol:

#14 xtreme_Zr2

xtreme_Zr2

Mr. Sonny Crockett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:08 AM

5 stars for this thread, and the forthcoming hype train, and the Protheans...and the Xecutioners management of this thread. Getting ready to start ME 2 soon, I'll be ready for 3.

Currently playing:

Battlefield 3

ME3MP 
Fire Emblem: Awakening

My Strategy Guide TradeList

#15 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:20 AM

this last weekend I picked up ME1/2 so I just jumped on the hypetrain, never played any ME game before

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#16 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:23 AM

Amazon is already taking pre-orders for ME3: http://www.amazon.co...ffect 3&x=0&y=0

8-)

#17 Arikado

Arikado

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:32 AM

Amazon is already taking pre-orders for ME3: http://www.amazon.co...ffect 3&x=0&y=0

8-)

I'll be waiting for the inevitable boner-inducing collector's edition.
Posted Image

#18 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:35 AM

I hope the CE is better this time around.

#19 Amblix

Amblix

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:36 AM

Definately gonna hop on the Colelctors Edition for this.

#20 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:44 AM

preordered. Esitmated delivery: January 9th, 2012 to January 12th, 2012 :lol:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#21 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:49 AM

Thanks for making the "official" thread, X.

Same here. I need it to go with my other two for the CE trifecta.

#22 koheed

koheed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 03:07 AM

I wish there was some more ME2 downloadable content that was coming out over the next year to tide us over to ME3.

#23 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 03:35 AM

Yeah, no way in hell I'm sleeping on the Collector's Edition this time around.

I don't think the DLC ship has necessarily sailed for ME2. BioWare has at least mentioned another appearance pack and some "bridging" mission DLC that will start to set up ME3's plot.

#24 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 03:42 AM

Gah. Can't wait. I'd kill just for some more teasers or info. We've all discussed at length our decisions from the previous games, hopefully they will have a stronger impact than they did in part 2. Seeing as how Bioware responds to fan criticism and requests, I have high hopes. Maybe a multi-scene end story like how the first Marvel UA handled your decisions in game. Since it's the end of Shepard's story they should be able to bring all those threads towards their final destination.

I hope they don't wait quite as long to bring us news on the CE and other tidbits. Sigh. Maybe it's time to start another ME2 playthrough.

Lord Kefka... you're insatiable.

My Tradelist

#25 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 03:51 AM

We've all discussed at length our decisions from the previous games, hopefully they will have a stronger impact than they did in part 2.

ME2 couldn't have radically different endings for different players because they had to set everybody up for ME3. They've got a lot more room to move around now that they're at the end of the story. I think we'll start to see much bigger divergences.

#26 Tha Xecutioner

Tha Xecutioner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 04:05 AM

I wish there was some more ME2 downloadable content that was coming out over the next year to tide us over to ME3.

From Christina Norman (Lead Gameplay Designer)'s twitter:

Posted Image

Have faith 8-)

#27 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 04:23 AM

Potentially of interest to female Shepard players:

From the VGAs Red Carpet: Jennifer Hale

Not really sure if I should be posting "general ME series" stuff here or back in the ME2 thread. :P

#28 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 04:24 AM

Glad to see X running this thread. Thanks to all the CAGs offering advice in the last thread.
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#29 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 04:56 AM

IGN article on choices in the first two games that could decide which races ally with humanity in ME3.

Nothing that hasn't been hashed out a million times already, but one thing did strike me. The writer talks about a choice in ME2 where you can encourage the Quarians to either take back their homeworld immediately or save their strength to deal with the Reaper threat. I don't remember anything like this from the game! Is the writer misremembering, or did I somehow avoid such an important dialogue sequence in four different ME2 playthroughs?

#30 Monsta Mack

Monsta Mack

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 05:05 AM

Truth.