• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#1 Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 03:49 PM

http://www.walmart.c...ox-360/13076985

Finally, waited for this one to drop forever.

#2 groundskeeper

groundskeeper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 03:55 PM

Temping...Thanks OP...
CAG Not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

#3 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 20 December 2010 - 03:55 PM

I'm IN. OP thank you so much, this thing was at $60 forever, then $50, a solid $40 used at GameStop for the past 3 months! I am picking this up without flinching :)

EDIT: LOL, it looks they are taking after GS b/c the used price is $35..
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#4 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 03:57 PM

Good price, but my backlog is just too massive right now.

#5 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:02 PM

It's an average shooter, but the overall underground theme makes the game seem above average. It's definitely a game I'd consider getting if I hadn't bought it already. (bow)

#6 skinkrawl

skinkrawl

DoyoulikePhilCollins

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:06 PM

Thanks!

#7 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:07 PM

It's an average shooter, but the overall underground theme makes the game seem above average. It's definitely a game I'd consider getting if I hadn't bought it already. (bow)

uhhh, so based on that, you like it and recommend? :lol:

I haven't seen a lick of this game except screen shots, read the article about one lone guy who thinks it should be GOTY and heard the atmosphere is 10 times better than Fallout 3 (which was the best thing F3 had going for it..) If its an average, linear shooter that I can complete all the way thru, then it should be a great purchase. If its gonna make me frustrated halfway thru b/c of some stupid scripted event (napalm barrels in Blops I'm thinking of you) that doesn't trigger right, or super hard 'bosses', then I'll be pissed!
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#8 veronesepk

veronesepk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:18 PM

Amazon price match?

#9 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:18 PM

Thanks OP, I'm in. This one has been on my radar forever, but has been ridiculously slow to drop.

At worst, Walmart has a 90-day return period, so even if this title finally drops lower in that time period, I'll still be able to return this copy.

#10 Glen4321

Glen4321

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:19 PM

Thank you so much! I've been waiting forever for a good price on this game!

#11 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:22 PM

uhhh, so based on that, you like it and recommend? :lol:

I haven't seen a lick of this game except screen shots, read the article about one lone guy who thinks it should be GOTY and heard the atmosphere is 10 times better than Fallout 3 (which was the best thing F3 had going for it..) If its an average, linear shooter that I can complete all the way thru, then it should be a great purchase. If its gonna make me frustrated halfway thru b/c of some stupid scripted event (napalm barrels in Blops I'm thinking of you) that doesn't trigger right, or super hard 'bosses', then I'll be pissed!

The game is definitely linear, but the pacing and atmosphere isn't to the degree of CoD. I think if you play the game having low expectation you'll be pleasantly surprised. I imagine if you expect the game to be perfect as the most commercial shooter it may be disappointing. It's not the most polished game (there are weird glitches that happen on occasion). It's my favorite underrated shooter.

Depending on your standards or taste, $19.99 may or may not be a good deal for this game. I bought mine used for about that amount when it was still selling for MSRP.

#12 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:30 PM

That is a good point, I may sit this out and wait for an Amazon pricematch especially since I have credit.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#13 kevgret

kevgret

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:31 PM

The game is definitely linear, but the pacing and atmosphere isn't to the degree of CoD. I think if you play the game having low expectation you'll be pleasantly surprised. I imagine if you expect the game to be perfect as the most commercial shooter it may be disappointing. It's not the most polished game (there are weird glitches that happen on occasion). It's my favorite underrated shooter.

If only the game had better aiming and collession detection. I stopped playing it because of it. Plus the enemies have this uncanny abiity to hit you from 5 miles away... kinda cheap.

The atmosphere is amazing but the shooting is below average and ultimately does the game in.

I would have loved to see the game through to the end.

Kevin

#14 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:34 PM

You are my fucking hero OP!!! Lol. Been waiting forever for a price drop on this. Thanks!!

#15 MaelstromB

MaelstromB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:34 PM

I played through and beat the game a few months ago for the PC and it was hands down one of the most immersive, and equally intense shooters I've played in years. It is, without a doubt, in my top three games of the year. Graphically, it will push your system to the max (if you're playing on PC), but it looks stunning! It is a very event-driven game (in other words, linear), but due to its excellent presentation, events unfold seamlessly, never pulling you out of the experience -- everything is witnessed from the eyes of Artyom, the main protagonist.

Now, despite what I said above, this game is not without some frustrating flaws, at times, but it is a solid and incredible experience for sure! Take into consideration that this is a Russian-made game, so there is absolutely zero hand-holding. You are essentially thrust into the lively/depressing world without so much of an explanation of the harsh elements and dynamic (and at times, frustrating) game mechanics you will encounter during your experience -- (one example later in the game comes to mind, without spoiling anything -- two words: The Librarians). Those who have played through the game will know what I'm talking about. Dealing with those was one of the most tense and terrifying moments in the whole game.

There is also a repetitious game mechanic which forces the player to swap out filters from Artyom's gas mask when on the surface, however, it may leave you wondering how exactly your time is calculated between filters, and why despite swapping to a new filter, Artyom will often remain gasping for air..? It's little things like that example which serve as minor complications, but can also, in some cases, add to the incredible tension and atmosphere of the game's living, breathing world.

I could gush a ton more about how good I thought this game was, but I'm at work right now. Just do yourself a favor and buy one of the most underrated and overlooked shooters of this past year! You will not regret your purchase! :)

Edited by MaelstromB, 20 December 2010 - 05:17 PM.

#16 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:46 PM

Thanks OP!

Been waiting for this one to drop. Just ordered one :)

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#17 htown01

htown01

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:55 PM

Amazon price match?

That is a good point, I may sit this out and wait for an Amazon pricematch especially since I have credit.

If you are really interested, make sure to let Amazon know of the lower price. For those who don't know, go to Product Details and the last line of text says, "Would you like to ___, ____, tell us about a lower price?"

When Walmart dropped the price for Alan Wake, several CAGs did this, and within 1 day Amazon matched it :D

#18 FireKrazed

FireKrazed

Posted 20 December 2010 - 05:11 PM

If you are really interested, make sure to let Amazon know of the lower price. For those who don't know, go to Product Details and the last line of text says, "Would you like to ___, ____, tell us about a lower price?"

When Walmart dropped the price for Alan Wake, several CAGs did this, and within 1 day Amazon matched it :D

I just took your advice and notified Amazon! Here's to hoping they PM i'd prefer to buy from Amazon as well.

#19 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 05:31 PM

I just took your advice and notified Amazon! Here's to hoping they PM i'd prefer to buy from Amazon as well.

I did as well, kinda wanted a copy for Xmas and I don't know if I trust Walmart's shipping window of 12/22 to 12/24 when I've still got some time left on my retrial of prime.

#20 teddybass

teddybass

Minor Threat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:32 PM

Is this going for $19.99 at the stores too or is it online only?

minorthreat.png

#21 geohouse

geohouse

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:58 PM

Thanks op!

#22 KeeperX

KeeperX

Yuppie Mephistopheles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:25 PM

Been wanting to play this one, glad to see it at my buy price for 360.

#23 Donutkid2222

Donutkid2222

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:29 PM

waiting for amazon!

#24 rockafella420

rockafella420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:39 PM

Thanks for the heads up OP. I submitted it to Amazon for a price match. Hopefully it happens.

#25 worrybomb

worrybomb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:42 PM

I, too, sent a pricematch to Amazon since I have credit over there and not with Walmart. Crossing my fingers...

#26 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:49 PM

Maybe we need a amazon pricematch thread. :p
People who still have ECA codes are why we can't have nice things... :shame:

#27 iKilledChewbacca

iKilledChewbacca

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:11 PM

Great game !

.....atleast I know it was on PC :D

#28 DirtySeeSaw

DirtySeeSaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:17 PM

The game is somewhat short and the mechanics can be a little off at times, but the game atmosphere is amazing and its totally worth a play. Trades in at $12.25 on Amazon, so you could get a little over half your money back or you could always "rent" it from GS if thats your cup of tea, cause the game is short and there isnt much to come back to save a couple cool achievements.

#29 realskillz

realskillz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:33 PM

I bought Metro 2033 for $12 with the free $10 gift card walmart gave me for cancelling my wii remote/super mario galaxy 2 bundle a few weeks ago.

#30 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:36 PM

Been waiting for this to drop forEVER it seems like!

I just can't justify it at the moment though. I've been stockpiling games lately when I've seen deals since we just had our second kid (the other one is only 10m old too) and my backlog is huge. Bayonetta, Bioshock 2, FF XIII, Split Second, Episodes from LC, BC 2, SC: Conviction Deadly Premonition, and Dirt 2. And that's not counting XBL games.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)