• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 02:40 PM

Title says it all guys! Not sure if valid online but definitely in store

#2 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 02:44 PM

Thanks for the heads up OP! If it is a nationwide sale, it will be online as well.

#3 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 02:51 PM

these sales are nothing more then a joke for handheld online.. they never restocked since the black friday deals

DS only has 94 games online
psp has around 484 so they retocked the psp games

if i knew they would come complete BUT probally could get new CHEAPER
LittleBigPlanet for Sony PSP 18
Bakugan: Defenders of the Core for Sony PSP 18
Disgaea Infinite for Sony PSP 18

Harvest Moon: Boy & Girl for Sony PSP 15
Blood Bowl for Sony PSP 13
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth for Sony PSP 13

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 for Playstation 2 18
Dokapon Kingdom for Playstation 2 13
Atelier Iris 3: Grand Phantasm - Used for Playstation 2 13
Growlanser: Heritage of War - Used for Playstation 2 10

wouldnt mind trying
Harvest Moon: Boy & Girl for Sony PSP 15
Blood Bowl for Sony PSP 13
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth for Sony PSP 13

28 bucks / 3 would be 9.33 each
WOOOO I STINK

#4 VooDoo88

VooDoo88

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 02:58 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Just in time!

#5 egonpax

egonpax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 03:00 PM

And this will be my option for any games I want and can't find at BBV or gamefly. Thanks, because I have a feeling I may have to resort to this.

#6 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 03:05 PM

these sales are nothing more then a joke for handheld online.. they never restocked since the black friday deals

DS only has 94 games online
psp has around 484 so they retocked the psp games

These sales have been a joke lately, period.

They've been jacking up the prices like mad with these. They've also been really pushing down TiV's. The last sale I was going to do it, and I was going to buy online and it was actually cheaper for me to use the online price/CAG discount then it was to do the B2G1 sale for the games I wanted (couldn't stack CAG16 w/B2G1).

I wish there was a place with up to date TiV's but oh well. Time and time again when I use CAG it's pretty far off and I'm getting sick of employees getting pissy with me when I call. I've started calling different random stores jut because the ones by me are so rude about it.

You're really better off just using Amazon for TiV's and for buying games. Or especially Blockbuster Video and their B1G1 sale. Recently I got 6 games for $40 at BBV and even doing B1G1 (which doesn't exist) at GS I would've had to pay $66 at GS. PLUS at BBV Bad Company 2 came with an unused code.

Sorry for the rant but the really made me mad during their last sale. I traded in a bunch of games and WITH the 50% bonus they were giving I only got $51...and then like I said the used prices were so insane the B2G1 was more expensive then just buying online and doing CAG16.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#7 gshell

gshell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 03:07 PM

i agree with slidecage on this one.....this is joke....i remember last gamers picked the store bare and there was nothing to buy that was really any good.......but like i've been doing the past several weeks i'm going to gamefly and amazon....way better deals

#8 dannyox718

dannyox718

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 03:08 PM

Shoot, I've been spoiled since BlockBuster's B1G1 free sale. This doesn't seem nearly as appealing anymore.

#9 H3m1 R4m

H3m1 R4m

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 03:08 PM

:whee:Is there a link to this. I hope this is online because I have coupons to use. Lol.:whee:

#10 TheWildMoose

TheWildMoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 03:11 PM

Oh no not again,my monies are already hurting from the other sales.

#11 foreinter

foreinter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 03:12 PM

Shoot, I've been spoiled since BlockBuster's B1G1 free sale. This doesn't seem nearly as appealing anymore.

The same. Especially with Blockbuster and Gamefly sales and Amazon's new cheap games.

#12 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 03:38 PM

I LOVE the b2g1 gamestop sale. Just ask how epic I did last time. Not sure if i'll be doing this one, just because im rather low on cash due to Christmas shopping.

but i was able to grab some new and hard to find games and really catch up on game purchases weekend before last when they had this sale. this is my favorite sale.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#13 DesertLeo

DesertLeo

DontReadThis.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 03:44 PM

Fuck AGAIN? as much as I hate to, my backlog/wallet/and im sure wife are all begging me to skip this one..

#14 nas6034

nas6034

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 03:45 PM

I LOVE the b2g1 gamestop sale. Just ask how epic I did last time. Not sure if i'll be doing this one, just because im rather low on cash due to Christmas shopping.

but i was able to grab some new and hard to find games and really catch up on game purchases weekend before last when they had this sale. this is my favorite sale.

Tell us about your epic buys?

#15 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 04:19 PM

Of course their used selection is low right now, people are buying up gifts. And the week after christmas, they'll be flooded with kids buying anything they can get their hands on, using up those gift cards many of them are getting as gifts. But that being said, this is still the best deal on used games that GS runs, and it's always good to know in advance the dates it'll be available. Looks like basically a full week this year, as opposed to the usual weekend, so that's great. Thanks, OP.

#16 Organ Donor

Organ Donor

Watch his Bull Charge!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 04:23 PM

Another B2G1?! We went months without seeing 1 of theses sales and now we get them every other week. I still have my coupon for B2G1 for the PowerUp card.

#17 Chris249942

Chris249942

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 04:24 PM

I've started calling different random stores jut because the ones by me are so rude about it.

Look up ones in different zip codes and call those. As long as you're never going to their store they can't treat you disrespectfully and lie to you about something (such as something not being in stock because they don't want to go to the back to get it for you or something). Also by calling stores across the country you don't upset the same person twice by trying to get them to do their job.

Also unless there was a sale i find it hard to believe cag16 was cheaper (so long as you were buying 3 equally priced games) . I've never seen something marked down more than an extra $5 online for new games and a dollar or two for old (unless it was an exclusive online sale in which b2g1 free usually won't work unless you call and complain and get someone to change it manually for you).

#18 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 04:26 PM

thanks for the heads up
would like to buy some wii games since I just got a wii

#19 steve nash

steve nash

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 04:35 PM

Time to pm a bunch of stuff :)

#20 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:52 PM

Gonna go the cheap route, hoping the prices on these hold until New Years:
Condemned Criminal Origins $5
Lego Indiana Jones/Kung Fu Panda $5
Motorstorm $5
alternate: Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron $5

#21 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 08:46 PM

Also unless there was a sale i find it hard to believe cag16 was cheaper (so long as you were buying 3 equally priced games) . I've never seen something marked down more than an extra $5 online for new games and a dollar or two for old (unless it was an exclusive online sale in which b2g1 free usually won't work unless you call and complain and get someone to change it manually for you).

That's the whole thing, I wasn't buying equally priced games. Wanted FO:NV (which the damn thing is almost the same price new at a lot of places soon then I played used!) and then just two filler games to fill out my credit I had. Between the cheaper online prices and CAG16 it was cheaper then picking B2G1 at the store. Sorry if I was confusing I know I wasn't clear.

Online though, without the CAG16 FO:NV was $45, with it was $37. It was $60 total online with just the PU card and 50 with CAG16. Since I only had $51 in credit I didn't want to spend the extra $10 for another game so for me it was just cheaper using my credit and forgoing the extra game.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#22 Nintendokid54

Nintendokid54

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 08:54 PM

just bought 2 used games... will return and rebuy plus 1 more... thanks for the info

sidenote: will they have a hard time taking the returns if i took off the stickers already?

76561198020429748.png

#23 Kaijuboy

Kaijuboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:08 PM

just bought 2 used games... will return and rebuy plus 1 more... thanks for the info

sidenote: will they have a hard time taking the returns if i took off the stickers already?

Just keep your reciept and you'll be fine, although I have had a couple of GS give me some crap about doing that. "Not valid on previous purchases", in which case I just say, "then I'd like to return these 2" and then re-buy them. :)
Saving the World, One Game at a Time!

#24 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:17 PM

Just bring the receipt.
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#25 cardsharkrob

cardsharkrob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:00 PM

well online they dont have the 3 games i want at all. Looked up for closet places and they are 55 miles away. Damn wish gamestop would ship store to store

#26 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:01 PM

These sales have been a joke lately, period.

They've been jacking up the prices like mad with these. They've also been really pushing down TiV's. The last sale I was going to do it, and I was going to buy online and it was actually cheaper for me to use the online price/CAG discount then it was to do the B2G1 sale for the games I wanted (couldn't stack CAG16 w/B2G1).

I wish there was a place with up to date TiV's but oh well. Time and time again when I use CAG it's pretty far off and I'm getting sick of employees getting pissy with me when I call. I've started calling different random stores jut because the ones by me are so rude about it.

You're really better off just using Amazon for TiV's and for buying games. Or especially Blockbuster Video and their B1G1 sale. Recently I got 6 games for $40 at BBV and even doing B1G1 (which doesn't exist) at GS I would've had to pay $66 at GS. PLUS at BBV Bad Company 2 came with an unused code.

Sorry for the rant but the really made me mad during their last sale. I traded in a bunch of games and WITH the 50% bonus they were giving I only got $51...and then like I said the used prices were so insane the B2G1 was more expensive then just buying online and doing CAG16.

CAG16 is good to use only if you're looking to buy one game or a B2G1 sale is nowhere in sight. With PowerUp/Edge and CAG16, you can get a 24.4% discount. However, if you're looking to buy more than one game, then the B2G1 sale is always better provided that you buy 3 games of the same value. You get a 33% discount per game, which is bumped up to 40% if you have PowerUp/Edge. The only way that CAG16 trumps a B2G1 sale is if the most expensive game you get is significantly more expensive than the 2nd game and/or 3rd.

#27 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:07 PM

Another B2G1?! We went months without seeing 1 of theses sales and now we get them every other week. I still have my coupon for B2G1 for the PowerUp card.

Me too. I'm not even going to use the coupon because I've gotten great deals on games from other places. Off the top of my head, I've gotten the following games since Thanksgiving:

R&C: Crack in Time
Infamous
Batman: AA
God of War III
Bayonetta
Band Hero
Guitar Hero 5
White Knight Chronicles
DQIX
No More Heroes 2
Killzone 2
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Red Dead Redemption
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection

I'm still sitting on about $85 in GS credit, but I need to make a dent in my backlog before I consider buying any more games...

#28 AugustAPC

AugustAPC

Not For Sale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:23 PM

Wow, Fuck all. I was saving my buy 2 get 1 free coupon from Power Up for after the holidays, and it expires on New Years.

That's great..

#29 Survivalism

Survivalism

CAG's Lance Boyle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:30 PM

CAG16 is good to use only if you're looking to buy one game or a B2G1 sale is nowhere in sight. With PowerUp/Edge and CAG16, you can get a 24.4% discount. However, if you're looking to buy more than one game, then the B2G1 sale is always better provided that you buy 3 games of the same value. You get a 33% discount per game, which is bumped up to 40% if you have PowerUp/Edge. The only way that CAG16 trumps a B2G1 sale is if the most expensive game you get is significantly more expensive than the 2nd game and/or 3rd.

CAG16 doesn't stack with PowerUp.

#30 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 12:03 AM

Tell us about your epic buys?

posted this in the thread about the last sale, but since ya asked lol

Posted Image

B2G1 Sets:
Set 1: Super Mario Galaxy 2, Time Crisis Razing Storm, GoldenEye 007
Set 2: Epic Mickey, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Metroid Other M
Set 3: God of War 3, Naughty Bear, Tatsunoko vs Capcom
Set 4: Sonic Colors, Heavy Rain, Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
Set 5: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Lego Rock Band, Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing with Banjo Kazooie
Set 6: DJ Hero w/Turntable, ModNation Racers, Valkyria Chronicles 2
Set 7: Metroid Prime Trilogy, Dante's Inferno Devine Edition, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)