46 replies to this topic

#1 monkeyz

monkeyz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 05:08 PM

Okay here is the deal. Check this link.
http://www.direct2dr...mos/indie-sale/

In there you will find all the games on sale.

use coupon code : holidaytreats

This will net you 20% off all the games sale prices making them this price (this is after coupon)
PvZ $4.00
The Ball $4.00 (key registrable on steam)
Trine $2.00
Defense Grid : $2.00
Torchlight $4.00

Those are the highlights. All deals are for PC enjoy! By the way holidaytreats is valid on any and all games, I have not tried pre-orders but unless you spend $49.95 it is the best coupon code for direct2drive at the moment, because bahhumbug is 25% off $49.95, but unless you spend that much this is a much better deal for most games. Also this deal ends at 10am Monday. Thought I should mention that. Enjoy!

#2 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 23 December 2010 - 05:17 PM

The Ball for $4 seems like a very good deal, especially if I would be getting it on Steam as well... Thanks, OP!

#3 monkeyz

monkeyz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 05:20 PM

Your welcome :D. I can confirm that although The Ball is not on the list of Retail CD-Keys on Steam but it does register on steam. On the direct2drive page it says 3rd party download and says Steamworks and I put my key on steam to activate and it works, so yes you will definitely be getting it on steam if you buy it here. I highly doubt steam will beat $4.00, you might see it for $5.00 as a daily deal and the others are just plain good deals anyways. Any-who enjoy!

#4 Commander0Zero

Commander0Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 05:25 PM

um wow....pretty good stuff here especially PvZ for me as it's $6.99 on steam. Already have Defense Grid, Torchlight, and Trine (which are all excellent and get my stamp of approval). How is Power of Defense? It looks like it's a cool kind of tower defense game. Good sale!

edit: Wow Power of Defense 5 bucks on steam 2 bucks here (with coupon) $2.50 without. How long is will the coupon be good for?
Posted Image

#5 Crazyhowie

Crazyhowie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 05:31 PM

Going to wait until the Steam sales update today and then I may go for The Ball and Power of Defense. Good find OP!

#6 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 05:33 PM

I've played all the games except for Power of Defense and would buy them again at the prices listed there. Nice find.

#7 monkeyz

monkeyz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 05:35 PM

um wow....pretty good stuff here especially PvZ for me as it's $6.99 on steam. Already have Defense Grid, Torchlight, and Trine (which are all excellent and get my stamp of approval). How is Power of Defense? It looks like it's a cool kind of tower defense game. Good sale!

edit: Wow Power of Defense 5 bucks on steam 2 bucks here (with coupon) $2.50 without. How long is will the coupon be good for?

I wish I knew more about Power of Defense otherwise I'd let ya know but the coupon I wish I knew a little more about as well. I know I saw it in another thread somewhere and I checked to see if it worked and what do you ya know it did! At the very least I presume it will be good through Monday (I hope) but it might only be good through Christmas Day, direct2drive does not do the best job advertising coupons, for instance ignbest was one and it said limited time only, with no indication of when it expires. Hopefully it will last a while so everyone can get in on these great sale prices.

#8 Jut

Jut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 05:43 PM

Will Torchlight activate on steam?
Posted Image[IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ca%20href=%22http://profile.mygamercard.net/The+Jutty%22%3E%20%3Cimg%20src=%22http://card.mygamercard.net/cylinder/The+Jutty.png%22%20border=0%3E%20%3C/a%3E[/IMG]

#9 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 05:46 PM

What are the minimum specs for PvZ?

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#10 avwjase

avwjase

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 05:50 PM

I wonder how long this coupon is good for. I'd snag PvZ but I'd prefer to wait and see if Steam has it for a daily deal eventually.

#11 kevlar51

kevlar51

eats babies

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 05:54 PM

Those are amazing prices for great games I have the privilege of already owning.

#12 zico

zico

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:14 PM

I might get Torchlight, any of the delas activate on steam?

#13 Mike UFC

Mike UFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:16 PM

Thanks OP. In for The Ball.

#14 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:19 PM

Definitely down for The Ball, looks like a real interesting blend. Thanks OP!
Posted Image

#15 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:22 PM

The ball... in for one.. thanks OP.

#16 dafunkk12

dafunkk12

Coconut Monkey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 07:46 PM

+1 sold for The Ball, here.
Posted Image
|Inspection 12 -- The Best Band You'll Never Hear|
My Game Collection (not at all complete and hardly updated)

#17 zillionandnine

zillionandnine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 07:49 PM

Was gonna get The Ball, but this phone authorization stuff ain't gonna work for me (I'm deaf). It'd be nice if they had a text message option. Oh well. It'll probably be $5 eventually on steam.

#18 DarkonJohn

DarkonJohn

Growing backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:20 PM

Got The Ball, but the site was VERY laggy and it took forever to find my code, but it activated on Steam w/o a problem. Great deal OP!

#19 Metalic Sand

Metalic Sand

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:29 PM

How are people getting the ball for $4. Its up as $5.

Edit: Nvm its right there in the OP, Sorry. Derp!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Add me on LIVE to compare or challenge XBLA scores! https://www.dropbox....ls/NTUzNzI3OTg5

#20 Firvagor

Firvagor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:36 PM

Will Torchlight activate on steam?

I don't think so:
https://support.stea...=7480-wusf-3601

Great price for it, though! That's the cheapest I've seen it, and it's more than worth it.

#21 DarkonJohn

DarkonJohn

Growing backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:47 PM

I don't think so:
https://support.stea...=7480-wusf-3601

Great price for it, though! That's the cheapest I've seen it, and it's more than worth it.

Yeah, but The Ball isn't on that list either, and it worked for me (and others). But with the other codes, I'd assume they won't work on Steam until people confirm otherwise (as we have with The Ball).

#22 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:51 PM

in for the ball thanks!
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#23 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:53 PM

Yeah, but The Ball isn't on that list either, and it worked for me (and others). But with the other codes, I'd assume they won't work on Steam until people confirm otherwise (as we have with The Ball).

The Ball Activated on steam for me. Defense Grid should as well. I bought my copy from them during the anniversary sale.

23480.png

#24 Firvagor

Firvagor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:07 PM

Yeah, but The Ball isn't on that list either, and it worked for me (and others).

Torchlight is clearly listed but (supposedly?) only works with particular versions. Various indie games probably aren't worth listing.

#25 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:16 PM

The Ball definitely works on Steam, thanks op!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#26 GreatDoink

GreatDoink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:33 PM

Thanks for the heads OP, picked up the Ball and it works on Steam!

sig.gif 

#27 jazyje

jazyje

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:54 PM

Gotta download and play THE BALL' demo first --- the game looks short is slow and linear according to reviews... But I can think of worse things to spend my $4 on.... :)

#28 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:56 PM

Gotta download and play THE BALL' demo first --- the game looks short is slow and linear according to reviews... But I can think of worse things to spend my $4 on.... :)

I guess I didn't read this anywhere. I only heard good things about it. It looks like a blast. Almost a more action based portal.

23480.png

#29 Galebourn

Galebourn

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:45 PM

Okay, usually I don't beg people to do something for me, but this sale sounds just too awesome.
I live in Germany and if you switch to the EU site of Direct2Drive "The Ball" costs about 18€ (around 20$), which is way too much.
I tried to buy it from the US site and used Paypal as the buying methode, but it turned out I need to verify my purchase via phone call. Choosing Germany and my phone number does nothing, I'll just get an error.
Is there any nice person from USA who would buy this game for me and send me the steam key via email?
Of course I pay the 4$ for the game (paypal) and I'm willing to pay before you send me the key. I know it's risky but it's better than nothing.

(sorry if my english isn't that good).

#30 bdb2m

bdb2m

No Backseat Mods!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2010 - 01:13 AM

Okay, usually I don't beg people to do something for me, but this sale sounds just too awesome.
I live in Germany and if you switch to the EU site of Direct2Drive "The Ball" costs about 18€ (around 20$), which is way too much.
I tried to buy it from the US site and used Paypal as the buying methode, but it turned out I need to verify my purchase via phone call. Choosing Germany and my phone number does nothing, I'll just get an error.
Is there any nice person from USA who would buy this game for me and send me the steam key via email?
Of course I pay the 4$ for the game (paypal) and I'm willing to pay before you send me the key. I know it's risky but it's better than nothing.

(sorry if my english isn't that good).

Check your PM.