Photo
- - - - -

Told a Gamestop manager to F*** Off...I feel so happy.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
85 replies to this topic

#1 ducci101

ducci101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:16 AM

There is this one douche manager at my favorite gamestop, I try to go there when he's not there. He has a massive boner for me and tries to dick with me every chance he has. He says I return too many games and take advantage of their return policy. The few times I've returned games it was to him at a different store so he has this beef with me. I will admit that I will return a game from time to time. Never taking advantage of it, but if I buy a game and the next day I want to return it cause I have no interest in it I will do that.

This manager doesn't know that I trade in a crap load of games to eb/gs all the games I ever buy are used games from eb/gs. Just as an example this past week i've traded in a ps3 and 13 games, and bout a 360 and 10 games. I haven't returned a game in over a month. Since the power up rewards program started in my area back in the beginning of october 2010 i've earned over 35,000 points from trading and buying used games from them.

So to the story, yesterday I bought Halo Reach, didn't like it, so today I went to return it. Lucky me I get the douchebag manager. He tells me "this is the last time i can return a game for you, you return too many games". I said "dude i haven't returned a game in over a month and in the past 4 days I've traded in 13 games and a ps3, and some of those games i traded in were within the 7 day window", he then proceeded to keep saying that all I do is return games, but he will return Halo Reach for me this one last time.

He had the game and receipt in his hand, then he said one more time "all you do is return games". So I said "give me my fucking reciept, and give me my fucking game, and go Fuck yourself". He looked scared shitless, and I walked out the door with the biggest grin on my face.

Now I'm probably gonna be banned from that store so I can never go back, but I don't care.

#2 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:21 AM

You returned too many games

#3 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:25 AM

Sir, you return to many games. Please.

#4 Ziv

Ziv

Jerk Extreme

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:26 AM

You are such a badass.

#5 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:26 AM

An employee (including managers) at any store has the right to refuse business with you for any reason, as long as said employee isn't refusing business due to discriminatory reasons (race, gender, etc.).

Just because you spend X amount of money there doesn't entitle you to any better treatment. They can treat you like shit just because...

And honestly, you should have just gone to another store and complained about the manager to corporate. But since you told him off and they have it on camera, you've got no recourse against him.

Currently playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#6 Survivalism

Survivalism

CAG's Lance Boyle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:28 AM

Yeah, he's the dick.

#7 ducci101

ducci101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:29 AM

An employee (including managers) at any store has the right to refuse business with you for any reason, as long as said employee isn't refusing business due to discriminatory reasons (race, gender, etc.).

Just because you spend X amount of money there doesn't entitle you to any better treatment. They can treat you like shit just because...

And honestly, you should have just gone to another store and complained about the manager to corporate. But since you told him off and they have it on camera, you've got no recourse against him.

I was never asking for certain treatment for how much I spend. I was just making a point that I trade in far more games than I actually return, it just looks like i return a lot cause I'm literally at that gamestop 6 days a week. And to be honest I don't care about recourse.

#8 beanburgerlolrus

beanburgerlolrus

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:30 AM

sometimes you just have to tell people who are effing you around to watch themselves though. good job not letting him push you around.

certainly though, think about what you can do next time to put him in more of a bind for his misdeeds :D

it's +1 you now, but it coulda been +1 you -1 him or you know, some multiplier shit ;)

#9 ducci101

ducci101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:32 AM

Also to clarify not a single other employee at that gamestop has ever given me grief over returning a game, thats the main reason I snapped, its only this dude.

#10 WhipSmartBanky

WhipSmartBanky

Bring on the free hooch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 03:09 AM

There is this one douche manager at my favorite gamestop, I try to go there when he's not there. He has a massive boner for me and tries to dick with me every chance he has. He says I return too many games and take advantage of their return policy. The few times I've returned games it was to him at a different store so he has this beef with me. I will admit that I will return a game from time to time. Never taking advantage of it, but if I buy a game and the next day I want to return it cause I have no interest in it I will do that.

This manager doesn't know that I trade in a crap load of games to eb/gs all the games I ever buy are used games from eb/gs. Just as an example this past week i've traded in a ps3 and 13 games, and bout a 360 and 10 games. I haven't returned a game in over a month. Since the power up rewards program started in my area back in the beginning of october 2010 i've earned over 35,000 points from trading and buying used games from them.

So to the story, yesterday I bought Halo Reach, didn't like it, so today I went to return it. Lucky me I get the douchebag manager. He tells me "this is the last time i can return a game for you, you return too many games". I said "dude i haven't returned a game in over a month and in the past 4 days I've traded in 13 games and a ps3, and some of those games i traded in were within the 7 day window", he then proceeded to keep saying that all I do is return games, but he will return Halo Reach for me this one last time.

He had the game and receipt in his hand, then he said one more time "all you do is return games". So I said "give me my fucking reciept, and give me my fucking game, and go Fuck yourself". He looked scared shitless, and I walked out the door with the biggest grin on my face.

Now I'm probably gonna be banned from that store so I can never go back, but I don't care.

You really showed him. Time to kick back, sip your champagne and make Blockbuster employees rub your feet.

Dick move, btw.

Now that, my friend, is a shared moment.

about.me/wsb

#11 DAWG26

DAWG26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 03:22 AM

^ Dont be a pussy.

#12 ducci101

ducci101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 03:25 AM

You really showed him. Time to kick back, sip your champagne and make Blockbuster employees rub your feet.

Dick move, btw.

How is that a dick move, dude has been a total dick to me. No other person in that store has ever given me grief but this dude.

#13 Gears24

Gears24

Posted 28 December 2010 - 03:43 AM

kudos

#14 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 03:44 AM

Without glitter and a magazine rack on the floor you failed. Big time.

#15 King J Gatz

King J Gatz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 03:55 AM

I bet you would'nt have said shit to him outside of Gamestop. I can't wait to hear about part 2 when he runs into your ass in the street. Also You write "it just looks like i return a lot cause I'm literally at that gamestop 6 days a week" so your that nerdy ass kid who is always at the front counter not buying shit, talking about games while people are waiting to check out.
Michigan Snowgoon

#16 jbroush99

jbroush99

Old Tickle Feathers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 03:58 AM

Just imagine what would happen if you returned too many games!

#17 sgaldis

sgaldis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 05:08 AM

Glaven! :whee:

#18 MorPhiend

MorPhiend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 05:25 AM

Without glitter and a magazine rack on the floor you failed. Big time.

I came here to post something to that effect. Too slow. :(

But seriously, if I ever had a game store manager who hated me, I would bring a thing of glitter to the store every time. You know, just in case I needed it. 8-[

#19 DurbanBrown

DurbanBrown

to the MOON

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 05:38 AM

so when you gonna be on reach?? I havent played in a while

#20 JonnyHeartthrob

JonnyHeartthrob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 05:44 AM

Sorry but I am so sick of this Gamestop bullshit. You don't like their policies? Don't shop there. Them refusing your business is pretty much the goal you were trying for (as far as I can tell from your story). Get a Gamefly account if you want to play a game for a day and return it. And yes, I do work at Gamestop.

EDIT: We had a customer actually tell my manager to shut his mouth and that if he ever saw him outside of the store he would slap him in the face, all because we were sold out of a game the day after Christmas. Working in retail for over 7 years, I am so sick of the entitlement customers like you think they have. So thank you for telling us your story. I've been wanting to vent like that for 7 years.

#21 nateeasy29

nateeasy29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 05:58 AM

Did your mom take you home or did you catch the bus?

Edit: Okay, just checked your previous posts. From an old GS Tradein thread. 3-4-10. Post #2206

I won't be surprised if they blacklist you from doing that. I did similar things with returning games, and I had a DM actually call my home phone to let me know I couldn't return games anymore. Heck even one time I went to return something and it popped up on their computer that I was blacklisted from returning games.

Edited by nateeasy29, 28 December 2010 - 06:17 AM.

#22 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 07:31 AM

So, basically, you abuse GS's return policy in order to make the place a rental service for yourself, and you got caught. Good job.

#23 Kingrodedog

Kingrodedog

Wants to watch the world burn...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 07:34 AM

Sorry but I am so sick of this Gamestop bullshit. You don't like their policies? Don't shop there. Them refusing your business is pretty much the goal you were trying for (as far as I can tell from your story). Get a Gamefly account if you want to play a game for a day and return it. And yes, I do work at Gamestop.

EDIT: We had a customer actually tell my manager to shut his mouth and that if he ever saw him outside of the store he would slap him in the face, all because we were sold out of a game the day after Christmas. Working in retail for over 7 years, I am so sick of the entitlement customers like you think they have. So thank you for telling us your story. I've been wanting to vent like that for 7 years.

I too have BEEN a GS manager and I too have put up with people thinking they can do whatever they want, we were required to try to sell reserves but everyone we tried says "I'll just go to best buy" well, when madden or GTA:VC dropped and BB was out and we only got enough copies for reserve everybody thought they could just go to GS and get it. Sorry no reserve, no guaranteed copy. People get livid! All I could do was say "reserve next time!" with a grin cause I reserved mine. Needless to say I had some fun throwin that back at people for a while! "You want to reserve that cause you did miss out on _____ during release day and you had to wait a week to get it?" Good times, good times.

After reading his previous trade-in post, the OP was in the wrong, I would have been a dick to him too. I'm sure he's the guy who brings in scratched discs, corroded cartridges, "forgets" hook-up cables for systems and nasty controllers with hand grime all over and in the cracks and wonders why they wont buy his stuff. you know all the stuff you don't want cause the previous owner obviously did'nt take of his stuff.

#24 sdragon

sdragon

CAG's Top Dragon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 08:03 AM

You should have kicked over a magazine/strategy guide rack and set the place on fire.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#25 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 28 December 2010 - 08:12 AM

The real question is...why trade in games at gamestop, and why buy their shit games at shit prices? Sell the games on ebay, get more real money for them, buy used games on here/craigslist/ebay get better condition stuff for less money. Then this issue wouldn't even exist ^_^

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#26 mbradley1992

mbradley1992

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 08:41 AM

I can tell several things from this:

1. You obviously do not work or have not worked any kind of retail or you would understand why it is a big deal when you return a game because you just don't like it. I would hate to see what you do at McDonald's.

2. Your parents obviously never gave you any lessons in respect for anyone.

3. I wish a cop would have been there so he could have removed you from the store. Then maybe you and your spoiled attitude would have learned a lesson.

It is never OK to disrespect someone, especially a guy just trying to prevent some kid who wants to basically rent games for free from making his store look like a failure and cost him his job. If you return a game more than once or twice for the sole purpose that you did not like it, you have returned it too much. It does not matter how much you shop or trade there. You do not like that they are trying to run a successful business? That is fine. But you really show how spoiled and immature you are by cursing at a retail employee because he is tired of you getting to play games for nothing.

You said you traded in some games the day before? Yeah. You also bought the game you wanted return with some of that credit, I bet. You are the kind of user that makes this community look like a bunch of out of control heathens that makes retail stores and their management hate this site.

#27 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 28 December 2010 - 09:12 AM

Did your mom take you home or did you catch the bus?

Edit: Okay, just checked your previous posts. From an old GS Tradein thread. 3-4-10. Post #2206

:rofl:
I think THIS song applies to the OP here.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#28 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 09:51 AM

Don't know why but I get the idea that you do return to much. So you have not returned something in over a month. How often did you return stuff before that month because to me a month sounds like a long time for you.
Posted Image

#29 Z_meista

Z_meista

The Paragon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:23 AM

Wow. You certainly showed him who's boss. I applaud you for rationalizing your shady actions.

#30 cdwjustin

cdwjustin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:34 PM

some people have taken advantage of it my store doesnt even do the 7 day return because one guy bought one game and returned it for 52 weeks for another one over and over