Scutaro, SS
Drew, RF
Varitek, C

#3 Beatofficer

Beatofficer

GOT HEEEEEM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 07:42 AM

Lincecum getting his third Cy and Posey for NL MVP, Giants win NL West by 6 games.
!San Francisco Giants 2010 & 2012 World Series Champions!

Posted Image

#4 steve nash

steve nash

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 08:20 AM

Giants over jankees in 5

#5 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 02:29 PM

And the Giant homers come out in full swing. :razz:

Better them than the Phillies though. Sadly a lock for the NL East unless some miracle happens.

As for actual news, read in the paper last night that it appears Derrek Lee is heading to the Orioles.

card.png

#6 dopa345

dopa345

All around nice guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 03:34 PM

Not an original pick but I don't see how the World Series isn't Red Sox vs. Phillies. Should be a great series.

#7 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 04:06 PM

Phillies over Red Sox in 7

#8 Beatofficer

Beatofficer

GOT HEEEEEM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 05:43 PM

Going on a super longshot, but Red Sox vs Giants WS, Giants in 6 and we get to hear how the Phillies were in a slump but deserve to be in the WS again.

Posted Image

#9 Nate Nanjo

Nate Nanjo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 05:50 PM

Its a long shot, but here is to hoping that Seattle wins the AL West.

#10 Brownjohn

Brownjohn

Posted 02 January 2011 - 08:13 PM

The rangers will win the AL west again because Seattle and LA have done Fuck all. That's coming from an Angels fan.
To each his own.

#11 steve nash

steve nash

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:37 PM

The rangers will win the AL west again because Seattle and LA have done Fuck all. That's coming from an Angels fan.

oakland ftw

#12 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:32 PM

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=5984163

Looks like the Rangers are going to nab Beltre. I guess that means that Young is either going to move to first or DH. I hate that they have to move Young again, but Beltre should help solidify that defense and he plays in a park he can hit out of. I know he sucked in Seattle, but if he can play good defense and produce timely offense it is a good gamble. That said, they still are going to pay him way too much money. This offseason has been way out of line with they way it should be as far as contracts go.

Posted Image

#13 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:21 PM

Nice to hear that Beltre got his money, he had a really good season.

#14 speedracer

speedracer

Get off my lawn

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2011 - 05:53 PM

Dodgers are shit. Damned divorce is killing our ability to make moves. Tough to see anyone out of the NL other than the Phils.

My bold prediction: The Giants miss the playoffs. Torres and Kung Fu Fatass regress, Posey improves to become a bona fide superstar, but they don't hit enough over the course of a season to get it done.
Posted Image

#15 austenwithane

austenwithane

Write Something Clever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:26 PM

Halladay, Lee, Hamels, Oswalt, who cares.

Now only if Ryan Howard fully recovers from his off season surgery.
Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun. - Ash

#16 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:38 PM

Alomar and Blyleven get the call.

#17 madbst

madbst

Recquiescat In Pace

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:52 PM

Alomar and Blyleven get the call.

And McGwire, Palmeiro, and Bagwell didn't. I think we know how 'roiders are going to be voted on now. Personally, if they have the right numbers for the Hall, they should eventually be voted in maybe 5 or 10 years down the line.
Posted Image

Posted Image

^^^ Amazon gift card count so far: $650 ^^^

#18 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:49 PM

I don't think steroids is the whole issue. It's the era. Yes, the era was obviously influenced a lot by steroids, but also by watered-down pitching staffs and small ballparks. Even before the accusations of steroid usage came upon Palmeiro, there was plenty of talk of whether or not he belonged in the Hall. Yeah, he has a ton of numbers, but did anyone ever look at him as a dominant player of the era? Was he a legendary player?

I don't mind if steroid users get into the Hall, but those that probably wouldn't have got there without usage should definitely be looked upon differently.

Barry Bonds and Alex Rodriguez, for example, would have been Hall of Fame players, no matter what. Both have worlds of talent, and in the case of Bonds, he was a Hall of Famer before he allegedly took steroids. He already had multiple MVP awards and great numbers. I do hope that such guys don't go first ballot, though. Being a first ballot HoF is the highest honor in baseball, and they should not receive it.

McGwire, on the other hand, was probably not going to be a Hall of Famer caliber player. Maybe, he would have been a fringe guy, like a Dave Kingman. And that's only if he would have gotten healthy, which he might not have done without steroids. The voters have definitely taken that into consideration, seeing as his vote totals actually continue to decrease. If this was all about steroids, you would probably see his numbers slowly increase. I really don't think he will ever again, and that's the right thing, at least not via the writers. He might get some sympathy down the road.

#19 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:01 AM

For me the one thing that puts Palmeiro above someone like McGwire and Bagwell is the consistency factor. He may not have the most flashy stats or have been the best player on his team, but he played almost 150 games every year, hit close to 90 RBI's almost every season, and had a substantial streak of 30+ HR's.

Also while I don't buy his story 100 percent, everyone ignores that Tejada was found out to be a dirty player. He may have thrown his teammate under the bus, but when all is said and done the person he threw under the bus pleaded guilty for using performance enhancing drugs. It might just have been blind luck, but it isn't like he pinned his bad test on someone who has turned out to be clean.

Posted Image

#20 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 08 January 2011 - 04:33 AM

Matt Garza to the Cubs, I'm stunned. Nice to see all this pitching leave the AL, though.

#21 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2011 - 07:20 AM

In terms of prospects, the Rays did pretty good in that deal. Got Chicago's Minor League Player of the Year and Pitcher of the Year.

#22 Beatofficer

Beatofficer

GOT HEEEEEM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:18 PM

I want my baseball back, I don't get to watch my Hockey team where I live, since they're located in Tampa Bay. Football is over, but I think I've watched less Football this year than probably ever, because the 49ers are just painful, and lets not even talk about the Sacramento Kings...

I want to see that sweet swing of Buster Posey, a most likely beardless Brian Wilson, and Lincecum's wild delivery. I also want to see Renteria get hurt in the first month with the Reds, Uribe fail as a Dodger, on a side note Giants and Dodgers are starting the season this year on Thursday March 31st on ESPN.

I have a question, does anyone else visit MLBtraderumors.com everyday just to get baseball news and read baseball discussions?

Posted Image

#23 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:42 PM

So it's Renteria's fault that he didn't want to play for jack shit?

Posted Image

#24 madbst

madbst

Recquiescat In Pace

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2011 - 03:53 AM

Yankees sign Rafael Soriano to 3-year deal. I was ready to call this offseason the worst in the Cashman era, but this helps the Yanks a lot.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#25 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2011 - 03:58 AM

This signing makes me think that the Yankees have no intention of making any kind of move for a starter and will give Joba yet another shot at cracking the rotation.

#26 madbst

madbst

Recquiescat In Pace

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:04 AM

Who can be signed as a starter?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#27 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:25 AM

There really isn't anything out there, unless a team wants to take chances on some injury-cases. The "best" pitchers left are Pavano and Pettitte, and obviously, we know the situation with Andy. Considering the current state of the Yankee starting staff, though, you would think they might have to pull the trigger on a trade, because right now, it's a mess outside of CC.

#28 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:34 AM

I read that they may give Brackman a shot at the rotation and see how it goes. As a fellow NCSU alum I hope he does get a chance to succeed on that level (except when he plays the Rangers).

Posted Image

#29 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 14 January 2011 - 06:58 AM

The Yankees stuck real firm to that declaration that they weren't paying closer money for setup guys. Only 3/$35m for a setup man? What a bargain.

#30 madbst

madbst

Recquiescat In Pace

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2011 - 12:59 PM

Does money matter to the Yankees? Man, Soriano will be a huge salary hit for 3 years. Yankees don't have money, how could they pay him ~$12m a year? :roll:

If you can get the saves leader from last year, you get him.
Posted Image

Posted Image