- - - - -

Lost Planet 2 (PS3/360) $14.99 w/ free standard shipping @ amazon

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Inava16

Inava16

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:39 AM

http://www.amazon.co...m=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Just wanted to give a heads up. I'm jumping on the deal to rid myself of the balance on an old gift card.

#2 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:50 PM

^yup it was.....

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#3 ChuckFirsto

ChuckFirsto

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:28 PM

Ok. $15 is still a deal is it not? So what if it was $9.99 last week?
Posted Image Posted Image

#4 Stryffe2004

Stryffe2004

Overlord of the Obvious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:51 PM

This game is actually very fun in multiplayer. Why there is no drop in / drop out co-op is beyond me, but if you get a couple humans playing, it is a great game. The single player is not bad, but I liked LP1's campaign better.

For $10 or $15, this make a good pick up.
Posted Image

#5 Monsta Mack

Monsta Mack

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2011 - 03:54 PM

I feel Its on par with the first one single player campaign wise only in the sense I kept playing this one, and the last one was more lone wolf from my short experience and you had to keep getting mako energy to survive - not so much this one at least on normal difficulty.

The multiplayer seemed more varied this time around but from my short experience was lag riffic.

$10 is the right price as a budget game. $15 only if you really enjoyed the first one.

#6 nakanenui

nakanenui

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:20 PM

I just popped this in last night, got it from the BBV B1G1 sale used for $8, also bought one for $10 new on amazon for a gift. Played campaign coop with 2 other people via PSN and it was fun. After the first level the other 2 guys left so it was myself and 3 AI controlled players. Not as fun with AI but still a decent game. The graphics look great, the gameplay is nothing spectacular. Definitely worth $10 maybe up to $20 if you have 3 friends who you can play with.
NowPlaying: BF3, RFG, Disgaea3
Latest Plat: Lego HP 1-4

#7 Ray5555

Ray5555

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2011 - 06:43 AM

I picked it up 2 weeks ago at Best Buy for $9.99. I used the $10 certificate that they gave reward zone members to get it for free.

#8 romeogbs19

romeogbs19

Henshin A Go-Go Baby!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:01 AM

I feel Its on par with the first one single player campaign wise only in the sense I kept playing this one, and the last one was more lone wolf from my short experience and you had to keep getting mako energy to survive - not so much this one at least on normal difficulty.

That's interesting. Every review I've read seems to say the single-player on this one is sub-par and if anything worse than LP1 because LP2 was so directed towards the multi-player experience. The big gripe is that unlike LP1, where you follow Wayne's story and only Wayne's story, LP2 is just a smattering of different characters and their missions, thus you don't end up caring about anyone because you never really learn anything about them.

I have no interest in LP2 because of that (don't play my 360 online). From what I tried at my pal's place, the game seemed sorely lacking on single-player. Pretty fun on multi-player but like I said, I don't see myself ever doing that. Thus, game isn't worth even $10 to me.

#9 KneeKnee

KneeKnee

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:22 AM

I picked it up 2 weeks ago at Best Buy for $9.99. I used the $10 certificate that they gave reward zone members to get it for free.

Same here. Havent opened it yet, dont know if I'll ever get around to it.

KneeKnee.png

#10 sherisdoppel

sherisdoppel

The Eye in Shadow

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:25 AM

Just wanted to drop this: With a friend or someone to play, this game is really fun.
whitespace

#11 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:33 PM

Hated this, even with a friend.

Still, it attempts decent gameplay enough to be worth $10, if not actually succeeding.