12 replies to this topic

#1 Jimmypaine

Jimmypaine

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:08 PM

Please be gentle - been here for years, but my first actual deal post :D

Phantom Brave: Heroes of the Hermuda Triangle

Just saw this price drop this morning on Amazon.com to $19.99....but it was listed as $49.99 earlier this week. It could be a potential pricing mistake - so it's always possible that the orders may be cancelled.

However, if you're a fan of the series - it's probably the cheapest you'll find it until way down the road! Game is scheduled for release on March 8, 2011.

Enjoy!
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

#2 heavenscloud

heavenscloud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:14 PM

Thanks, OP! i was just looking at this yesterday and it was $49.99 like you said. Quite a big difference in price all of a sudden.

#3 Layd Dly

Layd Dly

LEGEND..wait for it..DARY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:54 PM

Pre-Ordered one.

Battle.net: Vinomen#1986
76561197994706915.pngAddFriend.png
168249.png

#4 Hell Monkey

Hell Monkey

Social Link MAX!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:55 PM

Got it pre-ordered now! (also got Blazing Souls for $26 to get the free shipping)

#5 EdgeZephyr

EdgeZephyr

Gear Messiah

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:25 PM

Definitely pre-ordering. Pretty much on par or better than the Overstock pre-order price. (depending on if you pay $5 for shipping or use Prime / add to your order)

Now in the meantime to find something to fill out that $25. Hrm.

Also, I think the $50 pricetag was a huge error on amazon's part. In the past few weeks this game has been going for $30, pre-order price on amazon.

Personally, I will probably jump at the sound of skeleton hooves and distant screaming for the rest of my life.

I think my wallet made a shrieking sound and scurried off into a dark corner, once I pulled up the Steam page.

Posted Image

#6 TommyT53

TommyT53

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:27 PM

Pre-ordered. Thanks OP!

#7 Tgebbs

Tgebbs

Black Label

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:36 PM

I'll never understand economics. Nice find OP.

#8 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:46 PM

I didn't expect them to actually PM Overstock's pre-order price. I'll be canceling my Overstock order now to get this tax-free with two day shipping. :D Thanks, OP!

EDIT: Unrelated, I know, but does anyone know how to cancel an Overstock.com order?

EDIT 2: Well this sucks. According to Overstock's FAQ, you apparently can't cancel an order "once it's been sent to the warehouse for fulfillment." Which is complete and utter bullshit, seeing as the game isn't going to come out for another couple months. I shot an e-mail to customer service and report back when I get a response.

Edited by Jackie Chandler, 14 January 2011 - 06:27 PM.

#9 Pck21

Pck21

Beware the Ides of March

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:47 PM

Awesome! Thanks OP!
Currently Playing:

Onlive ID: Hand2Gland - Add Me!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Two wrongs don't make a right, I suppose, but three rights make a left and it makes me feel like the goddamn Batman.

#10 mxpowar

mxpowar

Menace II Sobriety

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2011 - 06:39 PM

I didn't expect them to actually PM Overstock's pre-order price. I'll be canceling my Overstock order now to get this tax-free with two day shipping. :D Thanks, OP!

EDIT: Unrelated, I know, but does anyone know how to cancel an Overstock.com order?

EDIT 2: Well this sucks. According to Overstock's FAQ, you apparently can't cancel an order "once it's been sent to the warehouse for fulfillment." Which is complete and utter bullshit, seeing as the game isn't going to come out for another couple months. I shot an e-mail to customer service and report back when I get a response.

I noticed this, too. I tried to file a "return" and I should be receiving a response within 1-2 business days so I will post how it goes.

#11 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:23 PM

This appears to be MSRP. Buy.com has the same price. Perhaps they realize that they have gone to the same exact well one too many times and that if this has any hope of selling, it has to be at a bargain price.

#12 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:32 PM

This appears to be MSRP. Buy.com has the same price. Perhaps they realize that they have gone to the same exact well one too many times and that if this has any hope of selling, it has to be at a bargain price.

For what it's worth, Overstock's price has gone back up to $30.

#13 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:32 AM

Also, this deserves a bump.