Bioshock 2 Special Edition 29.99 @ Walmart YMMV

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Cuke

Cuke

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:54 AM

Just picked this up myself, saw about 6 360 copies and 3 PS3 copies. Damn good price for all the stuff you get with it, so if you're feeling lucky and want this check your local walmart. Working there, I know they are SUPPOSED to be universally clearanced. Sorry if this is a repost or anything.

Cuke~

#2 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:57 AM

I just opened up my copy that I got earlier last year. Love the quality of everything included. I got mine for $19.99 back then from TRU, but $30 is also a steal for it. Hell even $50 would be. Now I have to figure out where to display it..

#3 Trance Addix

Trance Addix

AMG and M

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:01 AM

Worth it for the art book alone.

YZtI2yo.jpg

signoflash.jpg
  I love Pork.

#4 aspen1284

aspen1284

You're all right in my book

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:48 PM

Just saw 2 copies of COD:WAW LE at my Wally World...anyone have any clue on the price of these? Was in a rush and couldn't find any employees...

#5 taccord1986

taccord1986

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:48 PM

My walmart had these priced at 29.99 might pick up a couple more that is a great deal to pass up

#6 H3xum

H3xum

Beeeyyyaahhhhhh!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:06 PM

In a related note, this thread has inspired me to finally buy the frames for the 3 posters that come with it.

I would like to do that on my lunch but I don't know the measurements, so, would any CAG'r kindly who is at home with their edition tell me the size?

Much obliged

#7 King Royalty

King Royalty

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:12 PM

My walmart had these priced at 29.99 might pick up a couple more that is a great deal to pass up

f*cking hoarder. :roll:

#8 taccord1986

taccord1986

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:14 PM

Seriously i own one for 360 and i want to buy one more for ps3 and mabey one more of each to actually keep sealed that is how you act i like the game and i also like to keep stuff sealed. what is the big problem with that.

#9 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:41 PM

I saw this today as well. the outsides are beat all to hell but $30 seems like a good price. I never played the first Bioshock so this is wasted on me.
Posted Image

#10 nddave

nddave

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:09 PM

I saw one at my wal-mart but it looked like a garbage truck drove over it.
CAG4LIFE

#11 bsmiff

bsmiff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:14 PM

The beat-up copy at my Walmart was still priced at ~$60, next to all three of the :360: Burger King games, each "clearance" priced at $8 a pop. :roll:

#12 consoleman

consoleman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:17 PM

Bought a PS3 version at Target a couple of months back for about $18 and like wal-mart, the outside cardboard was a tattered mess. The box holding the contents appear sturdy at least.

#13 chinatowndan

chinatowndan

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:23 PM

great deal for what you get in the package. But these aren't ever gonna be worth anything if you're looking to flip. Why didn't this game sell well again?

#14 burnettekd

burnettekd

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:23 PM

In a related note, this thread has inspired me to finally buy the frames for the 3 posters that come with it.

I would like to do that on my lunch but I don't know the measurements, so, would any CAG'r kindly who is at home with their edition tell me the size?

Much obliged

The posters are 11'' by 14''. ;) Speaking of Walmart, I think they've got frames that are like $5.

#15 mistamike

mistamike

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:48 PM

I literally just got this at blockbuster last night used for 10 bucks

#16 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:18 PM

I seen it @ BB on clearance for $35 sure it's more but if you can't find it for the $30 @ walmart BB does give the gamers points on top of the reward zone points.

#17 EYEL1NER

EYEL1NER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:26 PM

My Walmart has never dropped this past the ~$50 price range. I check every other time I am there though, even though I bought a copy of just the game at Blockbuster for $7.50.
The 360 versions at my store look to be in good shape but the sole PS3 copy has an anti-theft device on it, the black circle with the four cords coming off of it. The cables have dug into the box because they put it on too tight and it has ruined it.

#18 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:30 PM

I literally just got this at blockbuster last night used for 10 bucks

the SPECIAL EDITION? I dont think bbv carried it.

#19 HumpsMcLovin

HumpsMcLovin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:27 AM

Dangit! I just passed up on this deal since I figured that the SE goodies kinda stunk. Now I'll have to drive another 30 minutes back to that Wal-mart to see if they have it. If they do, I want it.

#20 junkie88

junkie88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:54 AM

Thanks OP I picked this up on the way home. Ive been eying this up for the last couple of months at $50. All the ones at my store were in OK condition. The edges of the cardboard were a little banged up but not terrible.

Now if they mark the Batman CE down (still $50) Ill pick that up to

#21 Cuke

Cuke

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:32 AM

I'm glad to have helped a few of you. ^_^

#22 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:46 AM

thanks op! one of my teachers this semester was a concept artist on this game (and is currently working on the next) so I'm gonna track this down at walmart and then have him sign my book. sweet.

#23 fadersdream

fadersdream

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:53 AM

thanks op, wal mart in kenner, La has it marked for $50 but it rings up for $30. if you see it marked high may be worth it to scan it.

#24 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:59 AM

thanks op! one of my teachers this semester was a concept artist on this game (and is currently working on the next) so I'm gonna track this down at walmart and then have him sign my book. sweet.

very cool! I hope you find one :D

#25 Trance Addix

Trance Addix

AMG and M

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:01 PM

Damn, that's awesome. What school?

YZtI2yo.jpg

signoflash.jpg
  I love Pork.

#26 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:08 PM

Damn, that's awesome. What school?

Academy of Art University in San Francisco. He used to work at Midway before they went bankrupt and now he's at marin 2k. One of my teachers last semester was art director for Wall-E... they bring in good teachers, atleast for my dept.

#27 Trance Addix

Trance Addix

AMG and M

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:26 PM

Ah - you're getting an uncompromised :) Can I send you my artbook to get signed haha?

YZtI2yo.jpg

signoflash.jpg
  I love Pork.

#28 Tsnake617

Tsnake617

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:32 AM

Just picked one up. I checked online and the website said it was OOS, but the store had 3 copies. Good thing I knew Walmart's site wouldn't have an accurate measure of the stock.

#29 chupaskabra

chupaskabra

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:33 AM

Thanks OP i picked me up a ps3 version, my wal mart still had quite a few of these in stock.

#30 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2011 - 01:07 AM

Just grabbed 1 of 2 copies for the 360.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png