• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#1 Amblix

Amblix

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:55 AM

FFXIII - 2 Reveal Trailer

Posted Image

Final Fantasy XIII-2 Main Website

Update: A couple of details: The game is releasing this year in Japan. Motomu Toriyama is serving as the director.

Square Enix seemed to have a few surprises up their sleeves for their latest conference in Japan. Indeed they did. The company has announced Final Fantasy XIII-2. The game is in the works for both the PS3 and 360. More details soon.

Sweet. Another RPG to get this year, if it makes it to North America that is.

Link to source.

Posted Image

Edited by Amblix, 18 January 2011 - 11:05 PM.

#2 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:03 AM

Ugh. I'm one of the few that enjoyed X-2, but since I couldn't stand XIII there's no way I'm touching this with a 10-foot pole.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#3 Amblix

Amblix

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:20 AM

Haha, I still have yet to play it. :p

Added:
Final Fantasy XIII-2 Main Website

#4 ZForce

ZForce

Humbling Pumpkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:34 AM

Great just what we needed, a direct sequel to the worst Final Fantasy game since 8.
Posted Image
Dreams do come true....

Check out my stuff for sale!
Chase the Chuckwagon! - http://www.chasethec...ites/zforceffc/
CAG Tradelist - http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=189109

#5 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:01 PM

Great just what we needed, a direct sequel to the worst Final Fantasy game since 8.

/thread.

#6 Lokki

Lokki

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:19 PM

I actually enjoyed FFXIII. It definitely wasn't the best and the lack of free roam for the majority of the game kind of sucked. I did enjoy the combat system though. I'll keep an eye on this though. If it's anything like X-2, then I'll probably stay away from it.
Posted Image

#7 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:30 PM

They seriously couldn't wait until after Versus XIII came out to start working on this?
Posted Image

#8 WTPolaris

WTPolaris

Atypically Typical

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:48 PM

Well, now I officially am no longer interested in Final Fantasy. Tales series, you're coming off the bench for favorite current rpg series. Don't let me down!

#9 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:25 PM

...since I couldn't stand XIII there's no way I'm touching this with a 10-foot pole.

+1 (though I will say in 8's defense Triple Triad was amazing, Laguna Liore was awesome, the gardens and the world itself was stunning and Aura was broken as holy Fuck.)

I would ask why Lightning is donning ridiculous looking armor while posing like some broadway starlet but I honestly don't care that much. Terrible game was terrible.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#10 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:29 PM

Loved XIII, so I will definitely check this one out.

#11 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:38 PM

Wait?!? Another sequel to a Final Fantasy game!?? Doesn't Square Enix remember that X-2 sucked?

It's true the internet hated X-2 with a passion, but it was actually pretty damn fun IMO and was a big hit for Square.

The internet also hated XII, which was also a really well made game. Call me crazy, but I don't think Square gives a shit about message boards. If XIII was an awful game, then shame on everyone for buying 5-6 million copies of it.

UjCoyFa.png

#12 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:51 PM

It's true the internet hated X-2 with a passion, but it was actually pretty damn fun IMO and was a big hit for Square.

The internet also hated XII, which was also a really well made game. Call me crazy, but I don't think Square gives a shit about message boards. If XIII was an awful game, then shame on everyone for buying 5-6 million copies of it.

Yeah, people on the internet tend to exaggerate juuuuuust a tad. And they also enjoy assuming that their opinion is equal to fact. XIII was well-reviewed and sold well. Somebody liked it. I know I did, and I am guessing I am not alone. Just because you in particular didn't like it does not mean it's an epic piece of garbage.

#13 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:56 PM

I don't know, it seems as though everything was pretty well wrapped up at the end of XIII. At least the ambiguity of what happened to Tidus at the end of X made for something worthy of a sequel.
3DS Buddy Code 2767-0055-5245 send a pm with your code if you add and I will return the favor
XBL - Nasum2

#14 Daywalker

Daywalker

KNOW YOUR RANK

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:03 PM

If this game starts off quickly and doesn't consist of the first 8 chapters feeling like a tutorial, then i'm in.
Posted Image

#15 Denbo32

Denbo32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:15 PM

If this game starts off quickly and doesn't consist of the first 8 chapters feeling like a tutorial, then i'm in.

I agree, but FFX-2 if I remember had a pretty long "tutorial" as well, but then again the game play was very different that FFX
Posted Image

#16 Hell Monkey

Hell Monkey

Social Link MAX!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:41 PM

Great just what we needed, a direct sequel to the worst Final Fantasy game since 9.

I fixed it for you.

#17 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:42 PM

I liked XIII. Glad there's a sequel for it.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#18 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:39 PM

After spending all this money on the engine I am sure Square Enix wants to get 1 more game that will sell millions of copies

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#19 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:05 PM

Maybe they'll make this a good game without being linear

#20 Amblix

Amblix

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:50 PM

FFXIII - 2 Reveal Trailer

Adding it to OP.

#21 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:36 AM

Ah jeez. I'm an old school die-hard FF fan, but I didn't finish XIII. Now that I think back, maybe I didn't like it because I expected something different. I said, "nah, those reviewers are wrong. This is Final Fantasy after all." Well, they were right.

But, maybe I can give it a 2nd chance. I want to be excited about XIII-2. I loved X-2 back in 2002. Hopefully this will be good. If nothing else, Lightning's new outfit looks bad ass and here's to hoping we get another outstanding soundtrack!
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#22 0_0

0_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:45 AM

maybe I'm a conspiracy theorist, but this looks like an elaborate hoax. besides, am i the only one who really likes XIII?

#23 0_0

0_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:49 AM

wow, I just saw Lightning's outfit. Looks like a total slut. I liked her semi-modest clothing in XIII.

The clothing makes me think of the anime "Queen's Blade" (bad memories >.<)

#24 yankeessuck

yankeessuck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 04:06 AM

I would be all over a sequel to 8. This? Not so much.

#25 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:49 AM

And SE takes down a trailer promoting their video game. How stupid can they be?!

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#26 WRXKayaker

WRXKayaker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2011 - 05:11 AM

FFXIII was terrible compared to FFX. FFX-2 was terrible compared to FFX. This game has the potential to be the most epically bad RPG in history.

Currently Playing:   :pc: Batman: Arkham Origins     :ps3: Far Cry 3

Recently Completed:    :pc: Bioshock Infinite   :ps3: GTA V

Steam Profile

#27 ZerotypeX

ZerotypeX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2011 - 05:59 AM

I had an OK time with FFXIII. Wouldn't say it was the worst RPG I played, but it most definitely was not my favorite.

I also feel that the story felt pretty wrapped up at the end, not sure if a sequel is needed.
Currently Playing:
with myself

Posted Image

#28 Nathan_Sama

Nathan_Sama

I'm backwards compatable.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:58 AM

where the hell is kingdom hearts 3?

#29 timesplitt

timesplitt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:24 AM

where the hell is kingdom hearts 3?

in production on japans ps3

#30 Tony208

Tony208

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2011 - 09:05 AM

i've given up on the story in jrpgs, if the game and combat is polished then I'll buy it
Digital distribution comes with strings.