[Updated] Dragon Age 2 Signature Edition still available at Newegg? Likely not

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#1 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:42 AM

Update: Some people have contacted Newegg about their order and the CSR have told them that they will get the Regular edition. So if you ordered with the intention of getting the Signature edition you're likely out of luck. It was worth a try I guess.

According to Bioware, all pre-orders before January 11th qualified for the Signature Edition. I looked around and noticed Newegg is still selling the Signature edition. I'm not sure if that's an error or not, but if you missed out, you don't have much to lose here (assuming you were pre-ordering anyway)

PS3

Edited by ssjmichael, 24 January 2011 - 06:45 PM.

#2 Ultragamer

Ultragamer

Or so they say...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:50 AM

Odd, they have a listing for regular and Signature Edition. I have to guess this is accidental that they didn't take it off pre-order or they don't know that only before Jan 11th are supposed to get it.

#3 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2011 - 09:22 AM

Odd, they have a listing for regular and Signature Edition. I have to guess this is accidental that they didn't take it off pre-order or they don't know that only before Jan 11th are supposed to get it.

Or they ordered more SEs than they got preorders. Could be a possible reason.

#4 imamanwithaplan

imamanwithaplan

Posted 23 January 2011 - 10:58 AM

DEAD. links to windows 7

#5 seether254

seether254

For the Hive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2011 - 11:33 AM

DEAD. links to windows 7

use the search function :applause:

PS3

Thanks op ordered.
PSN: Archangel-254

Xbox: SunGod254

#6 Armads

Armads

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2011 - 12:02 PM

Isn't newegg sorta notorious for mis-titling stuff?

#7 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2011 - 12:20 PM

use the search function :applause:

PS3

Thanks op ordered.

something is wrong with your links, their incorrectly leading to a different site (unable to connect)
Posted Image

#8 Olessi

Olessi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2011 - 03:00 PM

Try copying and pasting this link:
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874105711&cm_re=Dragon_Age-_-74-105-711-_-Product

#9 Amblix

Amblix

Posted 23 January 2011 - 03:02 PM

Still thinking of cancelling my amazon order.

#10 headliner

headliner

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2011 - 03:12 PM

i could be wrong, but bioware was offering a free upgrade to the signature edition for preorders through 1/11. it was my understanding that the signature ed. would still be on sale concurrently with the regular.

#11 MikeE021286

MikeE021286

Posted 23 January 2011 - 03:39 PM

Here's a Link to all 3 (PS3/360/PC)

Link

Nice to see all 3 versions getting the free upgrade to the Signature Edition for $59.99

#12 chinoev

chinoev

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2011 - 03:46 PM

I've never tried to cancel an order with Newegg. Just in case this doesn't work out is there an easy way to cancel your order online?

#13 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 23 January 2011 - 03:49 PM

Here's a Link to all 3 (PS3/360/PC)

Link

Nope, it's not--just goes to general search results.

#14 devoe

devoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2011 - 03:59 PM

Is Newegg good about getting your item to you on release day?

#15 Achilles00

Achilles00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2011 - 04:40 PM

Didn't EA also announce that they'll be bundling some extra DLC items with ALL versions on Dragon Age 2?
Posted Image

#16 Doomstink

Doomstink

Posted 23 January 2011 - 04:43 PM

i could be wrong, but bioware was offering a free upgrade to the signature edition for preorders through 1/11. it was my understanding that the signature ed. would still be on sale concurrently with the regular.

Not true, according to Bioware it will not be available for purchase. It is preorder only:

http://social.biowar...5686370#5686415

Newegg shouldn't be selling it anymore, though, but I guess like Darkrider said, they probably ordered too many and need to sell them out before they remove the listing.

Didn't EA also announce that they'll be bundling some extra DLC items with ALL versions on Dragon Age 2?

Yes, but it is not the Signature Edition content.

#17 Achilles00

Achilles00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2011 - 04:50 PM

Yes, but it is not the Signature Edition content.

Right, but is it DLC that comes in addition to the SE content regardless of where you buy it? I rarely pay full price for new games anymore, but this is a ton of extra content.
Posted Image

#18 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2011 - 04:57 PM

Maybe EA told retailers that they had to get their signature edition preorders in by the 11th and whatever they ordered they were stuck with. (as in no help from EA if the units don't move.)

And newegg just said "fuck it, let's order a bunch more than we got preorders and we'll still be the only retailer offering the signature edition after teh 1tth and hope EA doesn't get pissed at us."

-----

I fell for the "MUST PREORDER BY 1/11 - ONLY WAY TO GET IT" business so i'll be pissed if release day comes around and legit retailers have the signature edition for $60.

#19 segasaturnsnk

segasaturnsnk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2011 - 04:58 PM

I've never tried to cancel an order with Newegg. Just in case this doesn't work out is there an easy way to cancel your order online?

Go to account and you'll see a listings of Order Status, etc., ect. and Pre Order and you can always cancel your preorder. If you're worried, just send them an email about the game if it really does contain all the DLC. I'll most likely do it. Newegg is a real awesome place to buy your stuff. Dealing with them for customer service is awesome too especially Live Chat.

Is Newegg good about getting your item to you on release day?

Nope, depends where they ship it from. Usually they ship from Cali or NJ so if you live around those areas, you can def. get your item the day after if not, you'll get it in about 3 days or so. Their free shipping is better than Amazon's free shipping imo.

I'm going to shoot them with an email about this. I saw this the other day but I didn't want to waste my time to preorder it. I just went ahead and preordered. I had it preordered at Gamestop but decided to cancel and switch it to Bulletstorm. Mistake on my part because I've been reading up on the game and it sounds like it's going to be a more hack n slash game than the first one. I'm a fan of hack n slash games. All the DLC that it brings is awesome and I hope this is truly the package of the game and all the DLC. This convinced me to get the game more too because of Dead Space's Isacc items for DA2.
Posted Image

#20 tmacairjordan87

tmacairjordan87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2011 - 05:02 PM

It better be a mistake, otherwise EA has some apologies to make to Steam and their customers for screwing them out of it, then saying that it would be "impossible" to get an extension since it would be "unfair" for the other retailers.

#21 Doomstink

Doomstink

Posted 23 January 2011 - 05:05 PM

Right, but is it DLC that comes in addition to the SE content regardless of where you buy it? I rarely pay full price for new games anymore, but this is a ton of extra content.

Yes, it's $20 of sigature edition content (soundtrack, side-quest, armory of exclusive weapons), plus the additional "original purchaser" content. I'm not sure if you get the shield and sword bonuses from Newegg, though.

#22 segasaturnsnk

segasaturnsnk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2011 - 05:08 PM

They should of just never had a stupid time limit for this period. Whoever preorders it, gets the damn DLC stuff and after that, you're screwed. Just a stupid thing to do imo.
Posted Image

#23 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2011 - 05:11 PM

I cancelled my SE preorder. I just started playing the first one and now I'm so addicted, I'm sure I won't finish it by the time DA2 comes out. No need to add to my massive backlog. I'll wait for an Ultimate Edition.

#24 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2011 - 05:48 PM

They should of just never had a stupid time limit for this period. Whoever preorders it, gets the damn DLC stuff and after that, you're screwed. Just a stupid thing to do imo.

If they actually stick to it, it's brilliant.

1) locks in preorders. I know a lot of us cancel back and forth but most people don't bother and it's a great way to predict inventory.

2) they give you DLC instead of having to run a $10 or $20 credit promo

3) time limit forces people's hands. (First time they've done this -- as opposed to first runs all get Limited (NFS, BFBC) -- so it has less weight but they're setting up future games.) if I'm EA, I send newegg a nasty message about this.

the only issue is if they stick to it. Because Signature/Limited/Whatever edition should actually be limited and not something you can find at 50% off 3 months down the line.

Also, next time (ME3?) when they do this, people will say "i better order, i got screwed not preordering DA2 last year."

#25 iwannadie

iwannadie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:11 PM

If they actually stick to it, it's brilliant.

1) locks in preorders. I know a lot of us cancel back and forth but most people don't bother and it's a great way to predict inventory.

2) they give you DLC instead of having to run a $10 or $20 credit promo

3) time limit forces people's hands. (First time they've done this -- as opposed to first runs all get Limited (NFS, BFBC) -- so it has less weight but they're setting up future games.) if I'm EA, I send newegg a nasty message about this.

the only issue is if they stick to it. Because Signature/Limited/Whatever edition should actually be limited and not something you can find at 50% off 3 months down the line.

Also, next time (ME3?) when they do this, people will say "i better order, i got screwed not preordering DA2 last year."

I agree, it sucks I missed out on it by no preordering in time but I can see why they did it. So many people pre order then cancel and pre order elsewhere over and over, makes sense to try and lock people in. Also to reward people who preorder early and stick with it.
Posted Image

#26 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:15 PM

I wonder on games in general what the cancellation rate is on preorders. Anyone know?

I know I do it all the time but I gotta suspect the kid who put down $5 a Gamestop isn't gonna bother cancelling.

#27 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:23 PM

Is this a continuation of DA 1? I kind of want to try this, but don't have time to complete the first. If it's a separate story, I may consider this. Worth it?
This space reserved in memory of one of the greatest heroes we will ever know. He faced insurmountable odds and sacrificed all for what he believed in. He died so that we could delay the inevitable. His name shall be honored forever, and his legend inscribed into the annals of history forever. And his name was...

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.
http://gamercard.xbo...ertag=Mr Dude65

#28 korn4004

korn4004

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:44 PM

I was so hesitant to buy the signature edition. I bought the collector's edition way back when the game first came out. Later Bioware released the Ultimate edition and I also had to buy that one for the missing DLCs. Waiting is best. But here I am, once again, pushing the order confirmation button...

#29 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:48 PM

I was so hesitant to buy the signature edition. I bought the collector's edition way back when the game first came out. Later Bioware released the Ultimate edition and I also had to buy that one for the missing DLCs. Waiting is best. But here I am, once again, pushing the order confirmation button...

I don't know why you're even hesitating.

There's a huge difference between the collectors edition of DA1 and the ultimate edition. The CE is worth more.

The UE is basically PH w/ DLC. I really like the CE.

#30 korn4004

korn4004

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:50 PM

Is this a continuation of DA 1? I kind of want to try this, but don't have time to complete the first. If it's a separate story, I may consider this. Worth it?

Your DA1 character won't be in DA2. Only thing that matters in DA2 from DA1 is who became the king.