Photo
- - - - -

Watchmen: The End is Nigh The Complete Experience Comes w/Blu-ray Movie now $16.71

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 joker______

joker______

Careful...Icarus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:50 PM

eligible for free shipping with Prime

http://www.amazon.co...95815599&sr=8-1

Edited by joker______, 25 January 2011 - 11:02 PM.

Posted Image

#2 KneeKnee

KneeKnee

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2011 - 09:01 PM

Nice! In for one. Thanks!

Got this for free because of the $20 LBP2 credit.

KneeKnee.png

#3 emeraldgsl

emeraldgsl

Beginning of the End

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2011 - 09:07 PM

Terrible movie, so so games, but not a bad price. I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't have it.

#4 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2011 - 09:13 PM

So the movie was bad....yet the games were so so yet you'd still tell people to get it?

The general census is that the games were bad and the movie was decent/good. I saw it in the theater and got this at BB on clearance for $15 like a year ago or something.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#5 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 23 January 2011 - 09:13 PM

nice post joker! cheapest been reported yet..my only comment is be prepared for a smashed set when ordering from online. Mine came all smushed from Newegg, but I think I got it straighted out ok..

oh and movie: decent, good, but long. The beginning is the best. the game: typical beat-em-up fare, gets very repitive; sick looking graphics though.
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#6 rebonack

rebonack

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2011 - 09:44 PM

Worth it for the movie alone. I picked up this set at Best Buy on clearance awhile back for $10, and I got my money's worth. The games aren't terrible, just pretty mediocre, but they're kinda fun for under $10.

#7 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2011 - 10:48 PM

How can you say the movie was terrible? As a long time graphic novel fan I loved it. Yes the ending absolutely ruined the movie but up that that it was great. Simply the best we could have ever hoped for imo. Check out the super extended version sometime if you are a fan of the franchise it really helps the film feel more complete.

I head the game was terrible but for that price I think I'm willing to bite. I already have the UBER BR CE and a regular dvd version of the film so it'd just be the game that I could make use of.

#8 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 24 January 2011 - 02:55 AM

tell me about it. watchmen is my favorite comic book movie of all time. i'm a huge alan moore fan and i loved it.

#9 JoshTX

JoshTX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2011 - 03:17 AM

I grabbed this last year during some sale for like $15. The movie alone is worth the cost as the standard DVD is probably still $20 or so. I thought the movie was good but I haven't even tried playing the game yet.

#10 jcslao

jcslao

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2011 - 03:21 AM

My local BB in DE is selling this game for $7.99 for the 360. Might swing by tomorrow and pick it up.

#11 JoshTX

JoshTX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2011 - 03:34 AM

My local BB in DE is selling this game for $7.99 for the 360. Might swing by tomorrow and pick it up.

7.99 is a decent price, but I don't think the 360 version comes with the movie...I could be wrong but if my memory serves me correctly, it's just the 2 games.

#12 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:13 AM

Yeah it doesnt come with the movie on 360.

How can you say the movie was terrible? As a long time graphic novel fan I loved it. Yes the ending absolutely ruined the movie but up that that it was great. Simply the best we could have ever hoped for imo. Check out the super extended version sometime if you are a fan of the franchise it really helps the film feel more complete.

I head the game was terrible but for that price I think I'm willing to bite. I already have the UBER BR CE and a regular dvd version of the film so it'd just be the game that I could make use of.

I didnt even realize the plothole of Bubastis until my friend asked during the movie. Thats why changing the ending was very stupid.

#13 Heavyd814life

Heavyd814life

♥Bleed Arsenal Red♥

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:18 AM

Never read the comics but i loved the film. If you could play as Silk Spectre i'd be all over this.

heavyd814eva.png

#14 galbyman

galbyman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:41 AM

I never was that big of a fan of the comic. I was more of a Quantum and Woody guy.

#15 thepik241

thepik241

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:22 AM

I never understand why people prefer the comic book version.

The comic ending of
Spoiler

#16 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:25 AM

Not sure if I should comment about the details of the comic ending as the above post is incorrect about it. Might want to reread it!

#17 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:50 AM

Yeah thats not how I understand it thepik. Like I said, how would you explain Bubastis with the movie ending? It was a bad move to change it.

The book was so much better. Great art and style to it with the 9-panels I believe. Just a great story told very well.

Spoiler

#18 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:59 AM

Here's the real comic ending:
Spoiler

There's a more accurate brief telling of the essentials of the ending for you. Any more questions?!

Oh, and thanks OP decided to snag the game and toss it in my backlog.

#19 thepik241

thepik241

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:30 AM

Here's the real comic ending:

Spoiler

There's a more accurate brief telling of the essentials of the ending for you. Any more questions?!

Oh, and thanks OP decided to snag the game and toss it in my backlog.

So there are two points to that:

Spoiler

#20 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:37 AM

Pik please just go back and reread the story. You've missed the point.

I really don't want to go into any further detail/explanation for fear of spoiling it for someone who might curiously read the spoilers. I'm done if you want further explanation PM me. Although I can't imagine why you would. It's really not that hard to understand.

#21 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:51 AM

Seriously, how could someone rate this deal as one star? If you don't like the movie, that's fine, don't buy it. But the movie BR plus the two questionable beat-em-ups for $12 is a great deal. I'd jump if I didn't already own the movie BR. Thanks OP, and I did my best to bump up the thread rating!

decker%2001.jpg

#22 thepik241

thepik241

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:51 AM

I don't understand why people get so defensive in regards to the change of the ending.

I understand the parallels of the comic book ending and the sub plot of the
Spoiler
however the film took out that sub plot entirely so it wouldn't make much sense to have it appear out of no where, it would seam a bit silly (in my opinion at least).

#23 Statix

Statix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:30 AM

The game that comes with this really sucks; a very stale and monotonous beat-em-up that doesn't even come close to capturing the spirit or tone of the film. Don't expect to be playing it to enjoy it, unless you value getting a few extra trophies or something. Basically, if you buying this, you're paying $12 for the Watchmen movie on Blu-ray, with packaging that's kinda bulky and ugly.

#24 budz

budz

I like bananas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:05 PM

Never read the comic, but thoughly enjoyed the movie. Essentially I'm paying 6.50 each for a BR movie and 2 downloadable games. And with the $20 promo credit from LBP2, I get it for free and change. How could I go wrong? :)

#25 wrencrest

wrencrest

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:24 PM

I dont know why, but I am actually considering this. Its cheap and the environments/graphics are decent enough to work through without using too many brain cells. And I have credit...that certainly helps to impuls buy.

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png

#26 MCalvert1

MCalvert1

AKA AssaultSuit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:47 PM

The games are monotonous, but the final level of the second game is something that is worth seeing. All the rest of the levels from both games have only male enemies. But the final level of End is Night pt 2 has a bunch of female enemies and there are specific kill animations for them. And they're incredibly brutal. To the point of being laughable.

MjC

#27 foodew

foodew

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:43 PM

Up to $16.71...somehow this makes the whole thing less palatable...

#28 maxim2boobles

maxim2boobles

AwesomeNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:53 PM

This movies has boobs and blue prosthetic penis, that deserves an oscar.
Posted Image

#29 dubbfoolio

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:14 AM

Terrible movie, so so games, but not a bad price. I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't have it.

Great movie, terrible games. Can't believe anyone would see this the other way around.

#30 Diebythesword

Diebythesword

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:32 AM

A steal at this price, I thought $19.99 was a good deal