CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 08:44 AM

http://www.amazon.co...x_ya_os_product

About time ....

#2 alukado

alukado

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:06 AM

I'll wait for another couple of days since the price is not that competitive.
Thanks for the heads up.

#3 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:11 AM

gah i wish they offered promo credit for the collectors edition..

#4 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:18 AM

Uhhh I've never bought anything off amazon that includes promo credit, but I've seen people here email customer service if they think that they deserve it.. So I guess ill do that..

#5 Amblix

Amblix

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:33 AM

Gamestop already dropped it used to $43 on launch week, I'm expecting a fast drop.

#6 drhodes4

drhodes4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:52 AM

^agreed
Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 coolz481

coolz481

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:01 PM

I saw a discussion about Electronic Arts on CNBC the other day, and apparently analysts specifically called out Dead Space 2 as tracking "below expectations" in pre-orders. That's too bad, as it's apparently a great game, but that also translates to a quick price drop.
\\:D/

#8 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 01:02 PM

Great find OP.
Now... to buy or not to buy :-k
Posted Image

#9 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 02:19 PM

The wording and cover art on the Amazon listing seem to indicate that its already switched to the 'standard' edition. In other words, I get the distinct impression that Extraction is no longer included in the PS3 version. So.... yeah, a $10 credit is the least they could do.
Posted Image

#10 traderd

traderd

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 03:32 PM

Amazon is being pretty stingy on this game. $48 is not good enough. Man up, 'Zon!

#11 QuickKill

QuickKill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 03:45 PM

Uhhh I've never bought anything off amazon that includes promo credit, but I've seen people here email customer service if they think that they deserve it.. So I guess ill do that..

I've done it a couple times (including $20 credit for ac:brotherhood when it was $38 or so) and it worked for me on DS2 when I bugged them (with the $55 price-point).

#12 Amblix

Amblix

Posted 27 January 2011 - 03:47 PM

The wording and cover art on the Amazon listing seem to indicate that its already switched to the 'standard' edition. In other words, I get the distinct impression that Extraction is no longer included in the PS3 version. So.... yeah, a $10 credit is the least they could do.

Amazon has always used the Standard Edition art, and never really mentioned whether it was Limited or not during the pre-order stage.

#13 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 03:48 PM

Really good observation! Buyer beware.

#14 DirkDiggler

DirkDiggler

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 04:00 PM

Extraction is 14.99 on the PSN I believe. I would be surprised if the 'limited' edition is already done with, but you should probably check with Amazon, if you can find someone who understands. I think they should have done the promo credit first though, because most people probably already purchased the game somewhere else.

#15 Trance Addix

Trance Addix

AMG and M

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 04:01 PM

I saw a discussion about Electronic Arts on CNBC the other day, and apparently analysts specifically called out Dead Space 2 as tracking "below expectations" in pre-orders. That's too bad, as it's apparently a great game, but that also translates to a quick price drop.

AMAZING game - every single aspect that wasn't top notch from the first has been improved/refined. One thing that many will appreciate is the ability to respec power nodes for 5000. Great game.

CE is crappy, but everyone should really buy this game.

Also, I will be first to say that I thought MP was stupid, but it's actually a lot of FUN. And on the plus side, there are no MP achievements (thanks Visceral!).

YZtI2yo.jpg

signoflash.jpg
  I love Pork.

#16 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 04:34 PM

Amazon has always used the Standard Edition art, and never really mentioned whether it was Limited or not during the pre-order stage.

Yeah, I'm really not sure because I don't remember what it looked like before or how the description read, but something to think about.

The game is awesome, btw.
Posted Image

#17 frpilot

frpilot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 04:36 PM

Extraction is 14.99 on the PSN I believe. I would be surprised if the 'limited' edition is already done with, but you should probably check with Amazon, if you can find someone who understands. I think they should have done the promo credit first though, because most people probably already purchased the game somewhere else.

is the ds2 with extraction really going to be a limited run? all the dante's infernos i've seen for ps3 have been divine editions.

#18 DesertLeo

DesertLeo

DontReadThis.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 05:02 PM

Damn. Wish I waited. Insanely great game, but I loves me some credit.

#19 VA703

VA703

Posted 27 January 2011 - 05:57 PM

Anybody know if this is for the Limited Edition? I'm not gonna settle for the Standard Edition, I want extraction

#20 mywhitenoise

mywhitenoise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:02 PM

Really good observation! Buyer beware.

It's a horrible observation. It's still the LE, Amazon never mentioned it was Limited. They're not going to sell out of the LE that fast.
Posted Image

#21 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:03 PM

Gamestop already dropped it used to $43 on launch week, I'm expecting a fast drop.

They drop EA games lower due to the online pass.

seanr1221.png

#22 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:04 PM

It's a horrible observation. It's still the LE, Amazon never mentioned it was Limited. They're not going to sell out of the LE that fast.

Hey calm down buddy. The page says "standard edition". The "limited edition" includes Extraction. That's a pretty sound observation. I'm not saying that it no longer includes Extraction, I'm simply saying that its unclear. If its always been listed this way, then my mistake.... I don't have a photographic memory.
Posted Image

#23 mywhitenoise

mywhitenoise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:14 PM

Hey calm down buddy. The page says "standard edition". The "limited edition" includes Extraction. That's a pretty sound observation. I'm not saying that it no longer includes Extraction, I'm simply saying that its unclear. If its always been listed this way, then my mistake.... I don't have a photographic memory.

No, I know, I was just messing around. It is good of you to observe. I just said it was horrible because the other guy spread paranoia by saying "buyer beware", when it's clear that their initial shipments haven't sold out yet, it'll take at least a month until those are cleared out.
Posted Image

#24 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:19 PM

Yeah, not "buyer beware". More like.... there's a 2% chance it won't have Extraction. I see no reason to believe it wouldn't include it, but I also don't see anything on the page that indicates that it does.

But anyway, buy it! Its great!

The only thing I'm bummed about is that I have to install Extraction to the hard drive (like 3.5 GB) and still have to have the DS2 disc in the drive to play it. I completely understand, from an anti-piracy perspective, but its still frustrating when its the same thing as the PSN version, except I have to put in a disc.
Posted Image

#25 mywhitenoise

mywhitenoise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:20 PM

Yeah, not "buyer beware". More like.... there's a 2% chance it won't have Extraction. I see no reason to believe it wouldn't include it, but I also don't see anything on the page that indicates that it does.

But anyway, buy it! Its great!

The only thing I'm bummed about is that I have to install Extraction to the hard drive (like 3.5 GB) and still have to have the DS2 disc in the drive to play it. I completely understand, from an anti-piracy perspective, but its still frustrating when its the same thing as the PSN version, except I have to put in a disc.

I was wondering why it was labeled as (Disc), I haven't played it yet. That's pretty lame, what's the point of the big install that took 10 minutes then?
Posted Image

#26 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:22 PM

This blows. I got it the other day for $54.96. :(

#27 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:30 PM

I was wondering why it was labeled as (Disc), I haven't played it yet. That's pretty lame, what's the point of the big install that took 10 minutes then?

Yeah, exactly. I mean, I get it... because its a freebie for launch buyers. If you didn't need the disc, then people could keep Extraction when they trade it in or even keep it if they just rented it. The people who get it from PSN actually paid for Extraction itself.

So, like I said, I "get it" in terms of anti-piracy and EA's desire to curb used game sales, its just frustrating. If they're going to require the disc be in, I would have preferred that it run completely off the disc so I don't waste the space. But I'm not going to get that bent out of shape.... it was a free add-on anyway (more or less).
Posted Image

#28 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:32 PM

Also, if they match the 360 price, I bet Amazon will give me trouble getting the credit :/

seanr1221.png

#29 mywhitenoise

mywhitenoise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:34 PM

Yeah, exactly. I mean, I get it... because its a freebie for launch buyers. If you didn't need the disc, then people could keep Extraction when they trade it in or even keep it if they just rented it. The people who get it from PSN actually paid for Extraction itself.

So, like I said, I "get it" in terms of anti-piracy and EA's desire to curb used game sales, its just frustrating. If they're going to require the disc be in, I would have preferred that it run completely off the disc so I don't waste the space. But I'm not going to get that bent out of shape.... it was a free add-on anyway (more or less).

They should have included the PSN version with the online access voucher.
So dumb that you need to pay for online access.
Posted Image

#30 QuickKill

QuickKill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:38 PM

This blows. I got it the other day for $54.96. :(

Ask customer service to see if you qualify for credit. I asked and got it (I paid ~$55 too).