Parasite Eve:The 3rd Birthday - Pre-order PSP $29.99 @ Amazon w/FSSS

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 GundamS

GundamS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:00 PM

Title says it all. Game will be released on March 29, 2011.

New MSRP or great deal ??

Either way, I pre-ordered with release-date delivery (free with Prime). Non-prime members still get free Super-saver shipping.

http://www.amazon.co...96154256&sr=8-1

Can't wait to play this even though it comes out with the 3DS :)

edit: now says "In stock on March 21, 2011"

Edited by GundamS, 27 January 2011 - 09:36 PM.

#2 mrbomb

mrbomb

A Tasty Classic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:03 PM

Dissidia 012 comes out around the same time that comes out too, same price also. Decisions, decisions...
Posted Image

#3 mxpowar

mxpowar

Menace II Sobriety

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:04 PM

I loved the first PE and hated the second. Don't know if that has any bearing on the 3rd birthday but I will wait until it's $20 or less.

#4 Tom Ato

Tom Ato

Vine Ripened

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:04 PM

Sadly I have heard terribly things about the story. Which is a shame since I really liked the first two. I would wait for the English reviews on this one folks.
Like video games and bad writing? Then buy my book! Only $.99 for kindle!

http://www.amazon.co...tmm_pap_title_0

#5 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:07 PM

I'll pre order it anyway.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#6 GundamS

GundamS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:09 PM

Gamestop and Walmart still list it for $39.99. It's why I ordered. You can always cancel later on.

#7 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:49 PM

I wish Square-Enix would just release their games on PSN already. I don't wanna buy any more UMDs, since the NGP won't play them.

#8 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 08:07 PM

Is that release date even confirmed?

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#9 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 08:12 PM

Is that release date even confirmed?

Nope. No solid date for 3rd Birthday yet.

Also for anyone interested in the Limited Edition Import:

http://www.zavvi.com...n/10301710.html

That is the one I am getting. 8-)

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#10 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 08:15 PM

That is a nice cover!

Thanks OP! I just noticed this dropped in my cart.
Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#11 Charles.Surge

Charles.Surge

Posted 27 January 2011 - 08:18 PM

I have heard no confirm on that release date; it's previous Amazon listing was March 31 @ $39.99.

Thanks for the heads-up OP, I've been keeping close watch on this listing. Pre-ordered.

#12 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 08:47 PM

I wish Square-Enix would just release their games on PSN already. I don't wanna buy any more UMDs, since the NGP won't play them.

Most of their recent games, minus Kingdom Hearts, are available on PSN. There's issues with Disney as to why Kingdom Hearts isn't.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#13 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:09 PM

the date on the pre-order now is March 21 unless the OP made an error on his post.

#14 EdgeZephyr

EdgeZephyr

Gear Messiah

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:20 PM

I'm confused by this and Duodecim both being $30 brand new. I'm wondering if this is some sort of early adopter thing by Squenix, or a new standard due to PSP "being on the way out". (IE with NGP due out this year)

Either way, highly tempted to pre-order and secure at this price. Thanks for the heads up OP!

Personally, I will probably jump at the sound of skeleton hooves and distant screaming for the rest of my life.

I think my wallet made a shrieking sound and scurried off into a dark corner, once I pulled up the Steam page.

Posted Image

#15 GundamS

GundamS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:32 PM

the date on the pre-order now is March 21 unless the OP made an error on his post.

They changed it ;) and where did release date delivery go??

My order still says the 29th with RDD :roll:

#16 mxpowar

mxpowar

Menace II Sobriety

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:33 PM

What extras are included in the LE?

#17 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:40 PM

What extras are included in the LE?

• Artbook (48 pages)
  • CD

Mini-Soundtrack CD
  • exclusive DLC costume for Dissidia 012
Just like the Tactics Ogre one, which does have a picture. I haven't seen a picture of the 3rd Birthday LE yet.

I am guessing it will be similar to this:
Posted Image

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#18 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:50 PM

I'm confused by this and Duodecim both being $30 brand new. I'm wondering if this is some sort of early adopter thing by Squenix, or a new standard due to PSP "being on the way out". (IE with NGP due out this year)

Either way, highly tempted to pre-order and secure at this price. Thanks for the heads up OP!

Well, both Lords of Arcana and Tactics Ogre are still $40, so it could just be that they are trying to encourage people to buy all four now rather than buying just one or two of the games and waiting for the others to drop in price.

#19 souporman

souporman

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:56 PM

Pre-ordered. Can't wait to play this long-awaited game.

#20 Antipodes

Antipodes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:03 PM

Will PSP games bought via PSN work on the NGP (PSP2)? I was under the impression that there would be no backward compatibility whatsoever.

I've perused the GameFAQs forums on this game after the Japanese release to get a sense of whether the game turned out well. From my impression, the story sucks, gameplay is above-average, and its main draw is the fanservice. Sadly, as an ex-Squaresoft fan who liked the original PE, I am still interested. Just like how I am interested in FFXIII-2 despite thinking FFXIII was one of the worst "big" games of last year.

#21 rainking187

rainking187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:06 PM

Well, both Lords of Arcana and Tactics Ogre are still $40, so it could just be that they are trying to encourage people to buy all four now rather than buying just one or two of the games and waiting for the others to drop in price.

It's working on me at least.

#22 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:11 PM

I feel like anyone who says NGP is a douchebag

I don't know why

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#23 EdgeZephyr

EdgeZephyr

Gear Messiah

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:13 PM

Will PSP games bought via PSN work on the NGP (PSP2)? I assumed that there would be no backward compatibility whatsoever.

NGP will be able to play any PSP games downloaded off of PSN. At least that was the understanding I have from the different reports.

My only concern now is the one shared with many CAG peeps. Do I buy 3rd Birthday, Duodecim, (as well as) Persona 3 Portable and Phantom Brave? Sure I could buy em as UMDs for collecting and buy them again on PSN, or I could be halfway smart and just buy em directly on PSN from the getgo. Decisions, decisions. :cry:

(Also, i would be much more okay with PSN downloads only if someone would get the Fuck to putting Valkyrie Profile Lenneth on PSN. >=| )

Personally, I will probably jump at the sound of skeleton hooves and distant screaming for the rest of my life.

I think my wallet made a shrieking sound and scurried off into a dark corner, once I pulled up the Steam page.

Posted Image

#24 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:23 PM

I'd be all over this... but with the PSP2 announcment, I honestly can't bring myself to buy any UMD games since they're basically going to be obsolete.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D 

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :) 

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#25 rainking187

rainking187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:57 PM

I'd be all over this... but with the PSP2 announcment, I honestly can't bring myself to buy any UMD games since they're basically going to be obsolete.

I'm not sure if I'm happy people seem to be thinking this way or not. On one hand I hope this makes companies price their games lower so I can buy more, on the other hand I'm worried it might make some companies start releasing what's left of the PSP games as DD only titles. I'm not buying overpriced DD games. I'm just going to have to accept that the NGP is not backwards compatible as far as I'm concerned.

#26 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:30 AM

I honestly never understand how people make this leap. The PSP2/NGP probably won't even launch until November or so. That's eight months after this game is tentatively scheduled for release. Are you planning on throwing your PSP and all your UMDs away the day the PSP2 comes out?

#27 Brian9824

Brian9824

CAG-Obsessed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 12:28 PM

Is the code for lightning IN the game or is it included seperately

#28 JohnHarker

JohnHarker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 12:35 PM

Is the code for lightning IN the game or is it included seperately

The code is in the game case on a small piece of paper. So you would still get it probably.

#29 artego

artego

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 12:39 PM

I honestly never understand how people make this leap. The PSP2/NGP probably won't even launch until November or so. That's eight months after this game is tentatively scheduled for release. Are you planning on throwing your PSP and all your UMDs away the day the PSP2 comes out?

No, but many may be planning on selling/trading in their PSP and UMDs to be able to afford a NGP.

I'm definitely the same, backing off on physical UMDs for now. I do not plan on carrying around two portables when I want to play my library when the NGP comes out, I want it all in one. 8-)