• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 wreckemtexastech

wreckemtexastech

Red Raidin' CAGer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:02 AM

http://www.gamestop....?loc=homeflash1

now they're trying to take our tax monies too. which works, but not with these random "deals".

now a b2g1 free...
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:09 AM

So much MSRP I think I'm going to be sick....

Thanks anyway OP

#3 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:28 AM

So much MSRP I think I'm going to be sick....

Thanks anyway OP

I agree. I saw Dead Rising 2 for $40 and thought maybe the used version would be $32.99 or something at least.

http://www.gamestop....aspx?sku=200686

Wrong.

#4 wreckemtexastech

wreckemtexastech

Red Raidin' CAGer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:29 AM

I agree. I saw Dead Rising 2 for $40 and thought maybe the used version would be $32.99 or something at least.

http://www.gamestop....aspx?sku=200686

Wrong.

that may update tomorrow, sometimes it does.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 thehoweller

thehoweller

IllegalCouponPrinter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:33 AM

I love how Starcraft II is listed as "Save $10". It's listed as $49.99, ts MSRP is $49.99...Are they kidding? Most of the time, I really fucking hate Gamestop...Mostly because such a large company shouldn't resort to such childish tactics.

Posted Image
For the Earthbound fans...Visit this SMAAASH ing link!
Posted Image

#6 wreckemtexastech

wreckemtexastech

Red Raidin' CAGer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:37 AM

I love how Starcraft II is listed as "Save $10". It's listed as $49.99, ts MSRP is $49.99...Are they kidding? Most of the time, I really fucking hate Gamestop...Mostly because such a large company shouldn't resort to such childish tactics.

i agree. but unfortunately, to non-CAGs, it Fuck-ing works.. have you guys SEEN some of the people that shop at gamestop?? i frequent the store, but i know what im doing..

Those people are ignorant, and the employees know it. if you aren't one of the few knowledgeable ones about promos, policies, ect.. they will flat out cut your throat in a minute. (as they are taught) and then play stupid about it...
Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 KemperJones

KemperJones

MSRP is for suckers.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:39 AM

Hope that Amazon gets wind of this and drops Red Dead Redemption to $29.99. I have a $10 credit and I just sent some trade-ins worth $28. Free shipping too. C'mon, Amazon.

Now Playing:  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8
My Completed Games Lists: 2014 (27) - 2013 (23) - 2012 (51) - 2011 (27) Most Recent:   :ps4: inFamous: First Light

My Trading/Selling List - Club Nintendo PINs/Coins,PS3,360,Wii,3DS,Vita, & More101351.png

#8 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:42 AM

I love how Starcraft II is listed as "Save $10". It's listed as $49.99, ts MSRP is $49.99....

msrp is $59.99

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#9 burz88

burz88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:45 AM

SC2's MSRP was 59.99, amazon has it listed as that still but discounted to 49.99. Got the game back from Kmart for $40 bucks, which was a sweet deal so short after release.

#10 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:52 AM

RDR is the best deal there everything else is so-so or worse

#11 FactionG

FactionG

Too many backlog games!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:54 AM

Savings? Where? :roll:

#12 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:56 AM

Tax Seasons Savings? These deals are weak!

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#13 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:58 AM

I don't see how RDR for $29.99 is weak. Show me where it's cheaper new. That's the lowest I've seen it.

#14 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:06 AM

Agreed, aside from Red Dead, no real deals in this sale. Good job FailStop.

Edited by VyseArcad1a, 28 January 2011 - 06:22 AM.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#15 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:07 AM

The only other deal that's noteworthy is EA Sports Active 2.0 for $39.99. I think Amazon had one of the versions for that price but not for that long.

#16 KemperJones

KemperJones

MSRP is for suckers.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:15 PM

Sweet, Amazon is doing the same deal on RDR. If wish they'd hurry up and process my trade-ins so I can order.

Now Playing:  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8
My Completed Games Lists: 2014 (27) - 2013 (23) - 2012 (51) - 2011 (27) Most Recent:   :ps4: inFamous: First Light

My Trading/Selling List - Club Nintendo PINs/Coins,PS3,360,Wii,3DS,Vita, & More101351.png

#17 georox

georox

The Captain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:27 PM

Wow, fail. Too bad the dualshock 3 isn't retroactive, bought LBP2 on day one and I want to grab a DS3 now actually, but I guess I won't be getting it from GameStop. Such a fucking terrible sale.

3DS Friend code - 1418-6866-3699

#18 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:31 PM

i agree. but unfortunately, to non-CAGs, it Fuck-ing works.. have you guys SEEN some of the people that shop at gamestop?? i frequent the store, but i know what im doing..

Those people are ignorant, and the employees know it. if you aren't one of the few knowledgeable ones about promos, policies, ect.. they will flat out cut your throat in a minute. (as they are taught) and then play stupid about it...

Best Buy is no different than GameStop and I never see anybody bitch about them. Best Buy employees will try to sell you a Monster cable for $60 and they will try to convince you on how this cable will make your HD TV look 1,000 times better.

Wal-Mart never has deals (unless it is Black Friday). Target has some decent deals but their selection is usually very weak.

GameStop has a huge selection of rare games, out of print, cheap games (Gears of War $5, Daxter $3, PS2 console $40). Tell me what other retailer will sell you awesome games under $10? Wal-Mart? No, Target, no, Best Buy, no.

People like to bitch about GameStop but don't realize the other things they offer which make them a decent alternative.
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#19 slipkornotpsu

slipkornotpsu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2011 - 05:12 PM

B2g1 free? I don't see this. Why is it mentioned in ops post?

#20 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2011 - 05:17 PM

It was yesterday's DOTD

#21 Peffse

Peffse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2011 - 05:45 PM

Best Buy is no different than GameStop and I never see anybody bitch about them. Best Buy employees will try to sell you a Monster cable for $60 and they will try to convince you on how this cable will make your HD TV look 1,000 times better.

Wal-Mart never has deals (unless it is Black Friday). Target has some decent deals but their selection is usually very weak.

GameStop has a huge selection of rare games, out of print, cheap games (Gears of War $5, Daxter $3, PS2 console $40). Tell me what other retailer will sell you awesome games under $10? Wal-Mart? No, Target, no, Best Buy, no.

People like to bitch about GameStop but don't realize the other things they offer which make them a decent alternative.

maybe they have problems with Gamestop since Gamestop BOUGHT all the alternatives.

deal seems pretty meh. even if they did a B2G1, do they have anything left in stock to sell?

#22 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2011 - 06:12 PM

maybe they have problems with Gamestop since Gamestop BOUGHT all the alternatives.

deal seems pretty meh. even if they did a B2G1, do they have anything left in stock to sell?

Can you tell me all the alternatives in the US that Gamestop "BOUGHT"? I really don't think you have a clue.

#23 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2011 - 06:20 PM

Gamestop is fine as far as retail stores go. They are essentially in the middle of retail stores and online stores. In terms of retail stores they are actually fine and good, but in terms of online stores they usually get blown out of the water. However there are times Gamestop does compete with other online stores.

I think I find most people that bitch about Gamestop are doing so because they know about how many better deals there are online.

#24 thegreek

thegreek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2011 - 06:24 PM

Ass!!

#25 Brownjohn

Brownjohn

Posted 29 January 2011 - 06:48 PM

Can you tell me all the alternatives in the US that Gamestop "BOUGHT"? I really don't think you have a clue.

They bought EB Games, which was unfortunate. I used to buy used PC games from EB Games all the time. Their used prices for console game prices were lower than gamestop, too.
To each his own.

#26 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2011 - 07:09 PM

Funcoland
babbage's
EB Games
Rhino Games

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#27 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2011 - 07:10 PM

$20 off the X31's is a pretty good deal, probably best of the lot.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#28 immortalfireboy

immortalfireboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2011 - 07:11 PM

http://www.gamestop....?loc=homeflash1

now they're trying to take our tax monies too. which works, but not with these random "deals".

now a b2g1 free...

A fellow Texas Tech student??? Mind blown! D:
Posted Image

#29 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2011 - 07:18 PM

Funcoland
babbage's

Completely wrong. Please do some research

I'll give you a hint: Babbage's is the chain that created Gamestop, so how could the latter buy the former out? Most of the mergers were done by a parent company. Gamestop had Fuck all to do with it.

#30 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2011 - 07:22 PM

the gigantic list of MSRP stuff at the bottom of this "sale" is rather cocktarted
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)