EA Sports Active 2 (All platforms) or NFL Training Camp (Wii) - $39.99 at GS

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2011 - 04:36 PM

I figured this deserved it's own thread. Gamestop just dropped the price of EA Sports Active NFL Training Camp for the Wii to $39.99. They also have the regular EA Sports Active 2.0 for the PS3/360/Wii for the same price.

EA Sports Active NFL Training Camp
EA Sports Active 2.0

#2 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2011 - 04:51 PM

Amazon has matched the EA Sports Active 2 360/Wii/PS3

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#3 akilshohen

akilshohen

Posted 28 January 2011 - 04:53 PM

that was a fast drop

#4 dskillzhtown

dskillzhtown

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:04 PM

I feel like an idiot getting the 360 version at launch. This must have bombed hard.

I found it to be a real work out, but it had serious problems tracking with "on the floor" exercises. So much so that it totally wrecked the flow of your session. You would have to stop to get Kinect to re-recoognize you, then find away to "game" things so that it would acknowledge you doing the movement they wanted you to do. It was enough to turn me off to the entire thing honestly.

Doesn't sound like much, but the routines are designed to have you work your way to a peak of calorie burn, then work your way down. So any stop like I described totally screws up the flow. Maybe if they could patch it so that an option to not include those exercises things would be better.

#5 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:07 PM

Didn't this get patched to improve kinect functionality or am I making that up?

#6 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:10 PM

I recall reading that a patch is coming in Feb, but one might have been released already, not sure. It's supposed to drastically improve the 360 version though

#7 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:21 PM

Hmmm....If I only had one more of those $10 off GS coupons.

#8 dskillzhtown

dskillzhtown

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:25 PM

I know that it was patched to fix the problems the Kinect version was having with exporting to the EA site. I used it again with after the patch and it did seem to not be as picky about movements when standing, but the on-the-floor stuff is still increibly bad.

If ssjmichael is right, then maybe there is another one coming to fix the other issues. It is obvious to me it was rushed to make the Kinect launch even with glaring problems.

#9 LiquidCrew

LiquidCrew

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:31 PM

I think I'm going to wait for this to get a little cheaper the way it's been dropping lately.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 huntt26

huntt26

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:31 PM

Crap, NFL training camp is already unavailable.. how many did they have... 4?

#11 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:34 PM

So tempted to get the PS3 version...

#12 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:34 PM

I think I'm going to wait for this to get a little cheaper the way it's been dropping lately.

Thats what I'm going to do also, I know I have said before I will buy it once it hit $40, but with all the recent sales I'm sure it'll be $20-$30 eventually

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#13 AdamTen

AdamTen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:35 PM

Damn, I bought it for $60 thinking that would be a good deal. I've actually been using it, though, so I don't feel too bad.

#14 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:35 PM

monitor amazon, they might match it too. It's currently $48.99 there which isn't that bad when you consider you have to pay taxes at GS (unless you pay taxes at AMZ too, like I have to).

http://www.amazon.co...96236133&sr=8-1

Edited by ssjmichael, 28 January 2011 - 05:52 PM.

#15 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:38 PM

Love the calculator link ssj.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#16 dubbfoolio

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:39 PM

Is there multiplayer? I can't decide between kinect and move... I only have one move controller though.

#17 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:41 PM

Is there multiplayer? I can't decide between kinect and move... I only have one move controller though.

The PS3 version doesn't require PS Move, it just uses the sensors included with the game. I'm not sure if it has multiplayer, but you'd need another set of sensors to do that (which aren't sold separately as far as I know). I know the NFL Training camp has MP as I saw that in the trailer for it.

Edited by ssjmichael, 28 January 2011 - 05:53 PM.

#18 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:42 PM

The PS3 version doesn't use Move...

#19 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:51 PM

I recall reading that a patch is coming in Feb, but one might have been released already, not sure. It's supposed to drastically improve the 360 version though

I played it yesterday, and still no patch. A patch is supposed to come out, but in Feb as you stated.

I personally like the Kinect version simply cause I don't feel I can cheat as easily, and even though I wouldn't cheat, the idea is to get it right. The PS3 version has more exercises though. I also want the NFL Training Camp one, but I haven't turned on my Wii since DKC came out.

Now playing: Diablo 3 (360), Lost Planet 3, Saints Row 4, Rayman Legends, Killzone Mercenary, Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm.

#20 dubbfoolio

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:52 PM

thanks guys.

#21 phantomfriar2002

phantomfriar2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:53 PM

That's what people are hoping will happen -- but it hasn't happened yet. I sold mine fast and got my money back around Christmas time. If they actually DO fix it, I'd be willing to take a chance now that the price has dropped, but I would stay far away from the 360 version until it's verified that the fix is out and actually works.

#22 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:55 PM

Actually, it has been out of stock on-line since before the price drop. Typical Gamestop to make it an on-line only price and then not even have any in stock at the very start of the sale.

#23 dafunkk12

dafunkk12

Coconut Monkey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:45 AM

Fortunately, when I picked up games at last week's Best Buy B2G1F deal, EA Sports Active 2 was one of the paid games. I was able to price-match this sale and get $20-ish back.
Posted Image
|Inspection 12 -- The Best Band You'll Never Hear|
My Game Collection (not at all complete and hardly updated)

#24 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:55 AM

I have it; it still hasn't been patched yet. It's a bit glitchy when you are doing any excercises on the floor. Wish they would hurry up and patch it already.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#25 joeyatog

joeyatog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:21 PM

Damn I just got the NFL Training Camp from that EA Store 50% off sale for $50...oh well.
Posted Image