Yakuza 3 (PS3) - $22.96 fulfilled by Amazon

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#1 Temidien

Temidien

CAG Lantern Corp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:29 PM

Fulfilled by Amazon, over 99 in-stock the last I checked. This is my first time posting a deal (longtime CAGer), so be gentle.

Amazon

IGN: 8.5/10
Gamespot: 8.0/10
Metacritic: 8.0/10

Posted Image

#2 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:30 PM

A little bummed that I fell into the "It's going OOP and will be super rare soon!" hype and bought it for $40, but still, it's a great game.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#3 EYEL1NER

EYEL1NER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:35 PM

How much was this again during the last Gamefly sale when it went OOS for the whole sale?
Gamefly isn't doing a month's-end sale this month I guess, so maybe I'll quit waiting for this and grab it. Just picked up Valkaryia Chronicles, so this will complete my "PS3 games that I need to wait for them to drop on" collection.
Well, until Heavy Rain gets cheap.

#4 shadou

shadou

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:42 PM

It seems odd to me that Amazon (not through a 3rd party) is still selling this for $52.37.

#5 brewin

brewin

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:57 PM

debating on this. The cheapass in me says to hold off, especially considering i just splurged on the Mafia 2 CE @ $36 and AC: Brotherhood CE @ $60. Anyone say its a 'must-own' at this price?
Posted Image

#6 sherisdoppel

sherisdoppel

The Eye in Shadow

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:59 PM

It seems odd to me that Amazon (not through a 3rd party) is still selling this for $52.37.

It's not Amazon's fault. The MSRP is still $60 which mostly means SEGA wouldn't drop the price.
Greedy? Maybe, maybe not.

I plan to pick this game up when it reaches $15, but if I see it's likely to happen I might grab it for $20.
whitespace

#7 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:01 PM

Awesome deal. Game graphics are crap but it wasa fun experience when I rented it.

#8 coopx

coopx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:01 PM

the price has been like that for almost a week. i wonder if im gonna get one or just wait till it drops more.

#9 coopx

coopx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:02 PM

Awesome deal. Game graphics are crap but it wasa fun experience when I rented it.

graphics is better on demo, atleast compare to GTA 4.

#10 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:20 PM

This is very very tempting since I have Amazon Prime. I almost bought the game at full price last year. However, I still need to play Yakuza 1 and 2. Decisions decisions....
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 bobphone

bobphone

So what if I'm a gay man?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:27 PM

This is very very tempting since I have Amazon Prime. I almost bought the game at full price last year. However, I still need to play Yakuza 1 and 2. Decisions decisions....

Same boat here...

#12 takotchi

takotchi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:33 PM

Should've launched at that price, considering how much content was cut. :roll:

#13 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:34 PM

Same boat here...

I wouldn't recommend just jumping into this series. The gameplay is different than what you'd expect... there is a demo but that was a pretty awful demo.

Currently playing:
:psp: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - :) :bomb:

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#14 mitnosi

mitnosi

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:39 PM

I thought the game looked great.

#15 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:39 PM

I wouldn't recommend just jumping into this series. The gameplay is different than what you'd expect... there is a demo but that was a pretty awful demo.

All right so I probably should just play the sealed copies of one and two I own then after that pick up 3. By that time four will probably be cheap as well.

What is the gameplay like? Is it like Shenmue?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:44 PM

You don't need to play Y1 or 2. In the game is a synopsis that fills you with the story from 1 and 2

I would highly recommend the game at this price

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#17 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:14 PM

Should've launched at that price, considering how much content was cut. :roll:

so are you getting yakuza 4 at full price?

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#18 takotchi

takotchi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:25 PM

so are you getting yakuza 4 at full price?

No, I'm not wasting my money on either. They're both cut.

#19 iKilledChewbacca

iKilledChewbacca

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:26 PM

couldnt get into the game.

#20 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:45 PM

No, I'm not wasting my money on either. They're both cut.

Um Sega actually listened to the fans and didn't cut stuff like massage parlors, Hostess clubs, and Pachinko for Yakuza 4. So far they only cut out some trivia game.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#21 mitnosi

mitnosi

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:48 PM

Um Sega actually listened to the fans and didn't cut stuff like massage parlors, Hostess clubs, and Pachinko for Yakuza 4. So far they only cut out some trivia game.

It's the only thing that's confirmed to be cut, over at the SEGA/Yakuza forums people are asking if anything else was cut and the Senor Producer of Yakuza 4 is not answering. This could mean nothing but it also could mean he doesn't want to say before the game comes out.

#22 takotchi

takotchi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:01 AM

THAT MEANS IT'S CUT. #-o

Not to mention Sega has lied before about the amount of cuts and/or reasons for cutting games. If I was a gambling man, I'd bet money Sega will cut more than Answer x Answer from Yakuza 4.

#23 wrencrest

wrencrest

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:45 AM

THAT MEANS IT'S CUT. #-o

Not to mention Sega has lied before about the amount of cuts and/or reasons for cutting games. If I was a gambling man, I'd bet money Sega will cut more than Answer x Answer from Yakuza 4.

SERIOUSLY?! You supposedly like this series but you care that much about a JAPANESE trivia show that you wont even buy the game because they confirmed to cut that one small aspect out of a huge game? You dont really like Yakuza then. Cant be possible...

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png

#24 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:52 AM

THAT MEANS IT'S CUT. #-o

:fridge:

#25 mike.m

mike.m

Posted 31 January 2011 - 03:24 AM

:fridge:

Lol i love that.

Follow me on Twitter @NefariousMike

#26 takotchi

takotchi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2011 - 04:24 AM

SERIOUSLY?! You supposedly like this series but you care that much about a JAPANESE trivia show that you wont even buy the game because they confirmed to cut that one small aspect out of a huge game? You dont really like Yakuza then. Cant be possible...

Seriously. I don't buy cut games, period. If I was interested, I'd just hop on Play-Asia and get the full game.

I love how you put "Japanese" in all caps; the whole game is Japanese, derp.

#27 thedragon

thedragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2011 - 04:34 AM

Seriously. I don't buy cut games, period. If I was interested, I'd just hop on Play-Asia and get the full game.

I love how you put "Japanese" in all caps; the whole game is Japanese, derp.

I see what you mean here, but at the same time the Japanese language is easily translated in the subtitles of the game, but the trivia stuff has cultural implications that most westerners just won't get. Rather than weird them out completely, they probably decided it'd help sales to get rid of something people may deem too zany. I for one am simply happy to be getting this one stateside at all :applause:

#28 takotchi

takotchi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2011 - 04:41 AM

I see what you mean here, but at the same time the Japanese language is easily translated in the subtitles of the game, but the trivia stuff has cultural implications that most westerners just won't get. Rather than weird them out completely, they probably decided it'd help sales to get rid of something people may deem too zany. I for one am simply happy to be getting this one stateside at all :applause:

I don't see how cutting out content helps sales at all. If you think Japanese stuff is "zany", then don't play Japanese games that take place in Japan and feature Japanese people. It doesn't make sense; you could just play GTA or something instead.

If they're too lazy to translate/sub something, they could at least leave it in so those of us with some ability can play with it without having to import.

#29 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:04 AM

Did someone just say "weeaboo?" 'Cause I think I just heard someone say "weeaboo."

#30 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:04 AM

I don't see how cutting out content helps sales at all. If you think Japanese stuff is "zany", then don't play Japanese games that take place in Japan and feature Japanese people. It doesn't make sense; you could just play GTA or something instead.

If they're too lazy to translate/sub something, they could at least leave it in so those of us with some ability can play with it without having to import.

http://ts1.mm.bing.n...e3bfd919a02a646