• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:32 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2...dex.html?hpt=C2

The engine sucks water up through the hose and forces it through two adjustable nozzles on the backpack, creating up to 500 pounds of thrust, say Jetlev's German-based manufacturers, MS Watersports GmbH.
Small adjustments to the hand controls allow pilots to control the speed -- a maximum of 35 kph (22 mph) -- and your height, which rises to a maximum of 10 meters (30 feet), according to the manufacturers.
The Jetlev was showcased at the Dusseldorf Boat Show at the end of January and will be making an appearance at the Dubai International Boat Show in March, says Alexander Theis, head of marketing at MS Watersports GmbH.

Theis says orders are already coming in from the Middle East as well as from private buyers in Russia and Portugal.

A price tag of €100,000 ($136,000) probably makes this a jetpack only affordable to the jet set, but Theis says the company is exploring leasing opportunities with holiday resorts and charter yacht companies.

Someone get Miyamoto on the phone, they stole is idea!
Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter

#2 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:20 PM

Would be a fun toy, but much like Aquaman it would be useless when not near water.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#3 BillyBob29

BillyBob29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:57 PM

There are several videos of this thing on Youtube. Much like a jet-ski, it looks like something that would be fun to mess around with for about 15 minutes.

#4 Kingrodedog

Kingrodedog

Wants to watch the world burn...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2011 - 05:17 PM

Doesn't this thing use a hose to suck up water constantly? Here's a nice lil halloween type FLUDD (personally I'd make it a little bigger)

http://www.mariomara....com/fludd.html

KingRodedog.jpg
KingRodedog.png
1st Xbox: 01/25/09-11/24/10(DVD Fail)
2nd Xbox: 12/23/10-??/??/??

60,000GS: 04/09/13