Photo
- - - - -

Anyone ever check used games they buy for goodies?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:08 PM

And if so, got any stories to tell? ;) I've personally never found anything in used games I've bought, but I've heard of crazy things like people finding used condoms and $20 bills in their instruction manuals.

So, if you have any stories, feel free to tell them! And if you haven't checked them, what are you waiting for? :3

#2 tiredfornow

tiredfornow

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:09 PM

Usually just bits and pieces of weed behind the cover insert. I use game cases for breaking up buds sometimes, so I guess it's not really that crazy.

Posted Image

#3 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:24 PM

Think I got a magic the gathering card once and a few 'enjoy the game' notes.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#4 darkslime

darkslime

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:28 PM

i found a really old sack of bud taped inside the bottom part where the connectors are on a donkey kong country cart.

#5 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:52 PM

i found extra games a few times in Ds cases .. someoen would stick a GBA cart in the box and forget about it
WOOOO I STINK

#6 GrilledWitOnions

GrilledWitOnions

Thrillhouse!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:12 AM

When I worked at blockbuster we had a few movie and game returns with weird stuff. Once had a movie come back with a bunch of pubic hair in it. People don't seem to understand that we know who had the movie.

#7 Kay_Faraday

Kay_Faraday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:38 AM

When I worked at blockbuster we had a few movie and game returns with weird stuff. Once had a movie come back with a bunch of pubic hair in it. People don't seem to understand that we know who had the movie.

what the Fuck :hot::cold:

#8 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:25 AM

I once purchased a used game from Blockbuster and it had a live cockroach crawling inside the case. It was one of those Blockbuster cases that have the opening on the bottom so I would imagine it crawled in there from the store. The sick thing is that the games in that store were near the candy section.

#9 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:09 AM

Nothing in a used game, but I did get a non-Blockbuster copy of Gran Turismo 3 stuck underneath the game I actually rented.

#10 Jimbo Slice

Jimbo Slice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:09 AM

Never got any goodies, but it is funny when the "notes" section will be filled out or the person has a little hand-written strategy guide or password sheet.

I also like finding the old receipts from places like Kiddy City or KB Toys, when the people paid like 60-80 dollars for a Genesis game.

#11 nddave

nddave

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:32 AM

Thats about all i found was original reciepts.
Like an old sega game with a 39.99 tag
CAG4LIFE

#12 shigster

shigster

Yeah, I'm that guy.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:35 AM

I have found dead cockroach eggs in a used gameshark I bought from a garage sale, I took it apart to clean it properly before testing. Does that count as a used game bonus?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 Eviltude

Eviltude

Steam Machine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:58 AM

A lambskin condom from 1994 and a Bee Gee's tape.
Posted Image

#14 Survivalism

Survivalism

CAG's Lance Boyle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:04 AM

Never got any goodies, but it is funny when the "notes" section will be filled out or the person has a little hand-written strategy guide or password sheet.

I also like finding the old receipts from places like Kiddy City or KB Toys, when the people paid like 60-80 dollars for a Genesis game.

My grandpa had a big NES collection that I took over when it came time, and this is what the inside of every manual looks like:
Spoiler

If he ran out of room in the notes section:
Spoiler

[URL="http://gamercards.exophase.com/psn/user/theunvisible/"]Posted Image[/URL]

Spoiler

#15 crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:58 AM

I took it apart to clean it properly before testing.

The Gameshark or the cockroach egg?

#16 200STM

200STM

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:52 AM

I once bought a pre-owned copy of Resident Evil DS from a gamestop in a mall in Oakland,CA. Inside this game case I found a small sticky note that said " First time with Ruby March 17th, 2007 I remember it was good for me but it hurt her a lot I hope she is ready again to try this" I think it was a guy writing on a sticky note about his first time with his gf I guess I just threw it out and enjoyed my Resident Evil DS

#17 sdragon

sdragon

CAG's Top Dragon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:41 AM

Nothing good seems to come from finding an "extra" with your used game purchase. Especially those cockroach eggs.
:puke:

#18 DuelLadyS

DuelLadyS

Basch Lives!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:53 PM

Only thing was buying a used copy of Evolution 2 for the DC. back Gamestop was getting rid of that stuff... got home, took off the tape and opened it, and the original Evolution disc fell out. I didn't have either one, so I was pretty happy to find that. ;)

#19 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:29 AM

I once purchased a used game from Blockbuster and it had a live cockroach crawling inside the case. It was one of those Blockbuster cases that have the opening on the bottom so I would imagine it crawled in there from the store. The sick thing is that the games in that store were near the candy section.

You should of kept the roach for a pet. That's a bond you can't fake my friend. Force him to live in the box. Leave him food every once and a while. Let him run around for a few minutes.

Formerly known as slickkill77

#20 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Dick Tracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:45 AM

I bought a "new" copy of Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee for really cheap, a few years back, at GameStop, and there were notes written, by me, in the manual from when I traded it in a few months earlier.

Krumm_walk.gifOblina_walk.gifIckus_walk.gif

I'm looking for SNES games. PM me.

#21 KrizB

KrizB

Flrying into FWEE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:45 AM

Spider egg sac (empty Posted Image )
Receipts
demo disc, not game (wtf Blockbuster)
3D glasses
stick of gum (Fruit Stripe)
ZoE 2, instead of MGS2 demo in ZoE (score!)

zantar45.jpg

#22 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:18 AM

My best find came one day when I opened the store and was filing away the previous day's trades. There was a copy of 007 The World is Not Enough for PS1.. and underneath that disc in the case was a disc only copy (obviously) of Intelligent Qube!

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image