World of Goo WiiWare $6.99 on Amazon

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 donssword

donssword

Gaming longer than u

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2011 - 01:11 AM

Tiny Cartridge posted that World of Goo WiiWare for download is down to $6.99 when you order it via Amazon. No disc--its software only.

Great puzzle game--really strong theme, great graphics, excellent gameplay, no matter what platform you are on. Fun leader board competition.

Edited by donssword, 07 February 2011 - 02:29 AM.

--
My first console: the Teletype 33.

DonsSword.png

#2 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2011 - 01:12 AM

Awesome price!!

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#3 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 05 February 2011 - 01:47 AM

I got this as part of the Humble Bundle and the game is totally worth $7.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#4 AMillsy

AMillsy

Northern Michigan CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2011 - 02:16 AM

I already own it for PC and iPad, but bought a copy for my Wii now too. What's wrong with me? :lol:

#5 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 05 February 2011 - 02:18 AM

Damn, good price.

#6 Camwi

Camwi

Can I be a sasquatch too?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2011 - 02:28 AM

I already own it for PC and iPad, but bought a copy for my Wii now too. What's wrong with me? :lol:

There's nothing wrong with supporting a great developer.

#7 ProfessorMicro

ProfessorMicro

Dark Lord of the Sith

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2011 - 07:16 PM

Thanks bunches OP. Who would have thought you could get WiiWare games on sale?

"You cannot hide from what you once were, Revan! Recognize that you were once the Dark Lord—and know that I have taken your place!"

#8 GreekGodIGN

GreekGodIGN

Posted 05 February 2011 - 11:59 PM

Thanks, been wanting to pick this up! Ordered!

#9 donssword

donssword

Gaming longer than u

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 12:58 AM

Yeah, I am so close to doing this--the game is that good.

--

DonsSword.png

#10 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 01:34 AM

I will try this game out. Thanks OP.

#11 KillerQueen87

KillerQueen87

Dynamite w/ a Laser Beam

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 03:00 AM

Just did same thing (minus the the owning an iPad part) I'd like to try out the multiplayer on this version.
LaZ00L1.png
3DS: 4296-2998-1803 | Add me for Animal Crossing! | ACNL Tradelist: https://www.evernote...withginger/acnl

#12 aem

aem

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 03:17 AM

Wait, what? There is multiplayer on the Wii????

#13 x_mystery_y

x_mystery_y

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 04:14 AM

I'm sorry I downloaded this for the Wii. It takes up more blocks of memory than any other game I know of (320) vs. other memory heavy games like Sin & Punishment (287) & Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (286) and it's just lame even for a puzzle game. I'm sorry to have spent $15 on it. I wouldn't even have paid $7 if I had played it beforehand.

#14 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 04:21 AM

I saw a movie once with the same name. It was disgusting.

#15 aem

aem

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 04:32 AM

I'm sorry I downloaded this for the Wii. It takes up more blocks of memory than any other game I know of (320) vs. other memory heavy games like Sin & Punishment (287) & Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (286) and it's just lame even for a puzzle game. I'm sorry to have spent $15 on it. I wouldn't even have paid $7 if I had played it beforehand.

Only person I've encountered that doesn't like World of Goo. Did you give it a fair chance or only play the first few stages? Granted I'm sure some people don't really enjoy this type of game, but can't imagine it ever being described as lame. World of Goo is challenging and makes you think outside of the box to solve a lot of the stages.

Buying a game three times for three modern platforms is just dumb

sorry

If you want to support the dev, send them a check

I buy pretty much every Worms release for every console other than iPad/iPod Touch since I don't own one. I don't care at all for the devs really because the games are a bit buggy and they are slow to fix them. Even with the bugs I love Worms games so much that I just have to buy every release on every platform. A few other games I would buy both the console and PC versions like World of Goo. Extremely rare I'd buy identical or nearly identical games for multiple consoles though, Worms is probably the only game I've done it for. However buying PC/console/mobile device (iPod/iPad) for something like World of Goo seems pretty normal if you really love the game.

#16 loveangel

loveangel

Posted 06 February 2011 - 04:53 AM

awesome ,mind blowing price

Games My life..8.gif

#17 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 06 February 2011 - 05:46 AM

I buy pretty much every Worms release for every console other than iPad/iPod Touch since I don't own one. I don't care at all for the devs really because the games are a bit buggy and they are slow to fix them. Even with the bugs I love Worms games so much that I just have to buy every release on every platform. A few other games I would buy both the console and PC versions like World of Goo. Extremely rare I'd buy identical or nearly identical games for multiple consoles though, Worms is probably the only game I've done it for. However buying PC/console/mobile device (iPod/iPad) for something like World of Goo seems pretty normal if you really love the game.

Good deal sorry I was being a prick

#18 nick_fazekas

nick_fazekas

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:26 AM

Additionally, the direct download of the pc version is $6.95 right now on amazon.

Just a FYI in case anyone would rather have it on pc, or doesn't have a wii but wants to get in on the deal and try out this great game.

#19 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 04:20 PM

thanks a ton, OP! i've been wanting to get this, but not for 15$. i just hope i play it more than i do the only other wiiware game i purchased (Swords & Soldiers - great game btw, just wish i'd have waited cuz ps3 version has online multiplayer). was thinking about holding the code for a trade, but it's downloading right now :). i've been turning my Wii on ALOT since last May (tons of great titles), so i'm sure i'll start to play my Wiiware purchases.

#20 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 04:36 PM

Bought. I need to see what all the hype is about, but $15 was always a little too much.

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

#21 ets

ets

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:06 PM

Seems like Tiki Towers, but I got because the ratings are so high and its half off.
Currently Playing: N/A
On Deck: N.A

MyTradeList [Link]

#22 KillerQueen87

KillerQueen87

Dynamite w/ a Laser Beam

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:13 PM

Wait, what? There is multiplayer on the Wii????

Yep! I haven't tried it yet, though I believe it's co-op for up to four people.
LaZ00L1.png
3DS: 4296-2998-1803 | Add me for Animal Crossing! | ACNL Tradelist: https://www.evernote...withginger/acnl

#23 kodave

kodave

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:36 PM

Wow I had no idea Amazon sold Virtual Console / WiiWare games.

#24 BackInBlack

BackInBlack

Fisher Price DSL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:52 PM

This.

Thanks op.
StarCraft 2 - Roses

#25 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:54 PM

oh, I thought this was a disc release of the game...

#26 donssword

donssword

Gaming longer than u

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:33 AM

oh, I thought this was a disc release of the game...

I updated the orig subject line. No offense intended, but if you clicked through you would have seen it was WiiWare only.

That being said, World of Goo is one of the most successful WiiWare releases ever--the developer claims the demo that was available last year was one of the biggest contributors to its success. I'm glad Nintendo has ramped up the demos again--I just hope its not too late.

--

DonsSword.png

#27 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:54 AM

I did not click through because I was assuming I would have had to come up with another $18.01 to get free super saver shipping. :-P

#28 donssword

donssword

Gaming longer than u

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:57 AM

I did not click through because I was assuming I would have had to come up with another $18.01 to get free super saver shipping. :-P

LOL!!! Well played sir. Well played ;-)

--

DonsSword.png

#29 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2011 - 06:20 AM

They don't. This was the first WiiWare game that was put up on Amazon and nothing else has been added in the past two years. Virtual Console games weren't on there the last time I checked, so I guess that's better than nothing.

http://www.joystiq.c...pear-on-amazon/

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#30 kodave

kodave

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:10 AM

They don't. This was the first WiiWare game that was put up on Amazon and nothing else has been added in the past two years. Virtual Console games weren't on there the last time I checked, so I guess that's better than nothing.

http://www.joystiq.c...pear-on-amazon/

Welp, check again. All for Wiiware/Virtual Console:

Super Mario Bros. 3 - $4.99
Paper Mario - $9.99
Mario Kart 64 - $9.99
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - $7.99
Pokemon Rumble - $14.99
Metroid - $4.99
Super Metroid - $7.99
Dr. Mario Online Rx - $9.99